• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre3001

Not really weird, he hit .232 with only 3 HR in March/April past 2 years, last year his first HR didn't come till April 29th. Its May that he usually heats up, .307 and 21 HR.

With the lineup the Marlins are trotting out there, Stanton will be seeing garbage thrown at him all year.

Sanjuro

More early baseball today!

The off-day on Tuesday is still stupid as shit though. No clue why they do this early in the season.

3-3 road trip for the Indians...I'm ok with that. Good to see Masterson getting some run support, and beating both of last year's Cy Young winners in the process.

Wondering now which Ubaldo we get today against the Yanks.

eznark

Banned
3 hours to game time and the Brewers have made no roster moves. To recap: Braun was so hurt that Lohse was a better option a mere 17 hours ago and Jean Segura left the game with a leg injury. They are already carrying 13 pitchers (hence Kyle Fucking Lohse batting down a run, man on third, 2 outs in the 10th).

The Brewers bench is now essentially Khris Davis and Logan Schafer. Maldonado is the backup catcher and probably wouldn't be used til the ninth if at all.

Two pinch hitters. On an NL team. Fuck Doug Melvin with a pine tree.

Talon

3 hours to game time and the Brewers have made no roster moves. To recap: Braun was so hurt that Lohse was a better option a mere 17 hours ago and Jean Segura left the game with a leg injury. They are already carrying 13 pitchers (hence Kyle Fucking Lohse batting down a run, man on third, 2 outs in the 10th).

The Brewers bench is now essentially Khris Davis and Logan Schafer. Maldonado is the backup catcher and probably wouldn't be used til the ninth if at all.

Jordan Schaefer for a bucket of cheese curds and five pounds of smoked kielbasa.

rinse82

WTF, 3 straight day games against the Tigers?

Well then, productivity will be at an all time low. Staffers can't hate on me watching it either, it's technically work-related.

The truth can be adjusted, but not the Brewers roster apparently.

eznark

Banned
Jordan Schaefer for a bucket of cheese curds and five pounds of smoked kielbasa.

Great! Then Melvin would just leave him at AAA and call up a 14th pitcher or something. There are guys on the 40 man to call up, Melvin is just refusing to do so.

This post makes me happy :).

BFIB

I think I've settled on my two ballparks I'm travelling to see this year:

Baltimore in June (Yankees series)
Kauffman in August (Twins series)

Orioles and Royals fans, whats good to see in each respective city?

Sanjuro

Doubt they bring up Webster so is it going to be that fucktard Aceves? I bet Webster could pitch better than either of them.

He is expected to miss one or two starts, so it's going to be Aceves. After that it would probably be Stephen Wright out of Pawtuckett.

He is expected to miss one or two starts, so it's going to be Aceves. After that it would probably be Stephen Wright out of Pawtuckett.

I saw the replay of the pitch without knowing the diagnosis, so I was like "Damn he blew out his arm AGAIN?" Glad to hear it's otherwise. No one deserves that much misfortune.

Sanjuro

I saw the replay of the pitch without knowing the diagnosis, so I was like "Damn he blew out his arm AGAIN?" Glad to hear it's otherwise. No one deserves that much misfortune.

The replay doesn't just do it justice. He arguably pitched his best game in a Red Sox uniform. Lackey is more or less a horse with mediocre stuff. With his velocity down, he had an array of finesse pitches. Worked the count a bit too thin at times, but with only one walk seemed to get the right knockout pitches. Definitely impressive based on minimal exposure.

If I didn't see any of that prior to the injury, I wouldn't be nearly as bummed as now.

ToxicAdam

3-3 road trip for the Indians...I'm ok with that. Good to see Masterson getting some run support, and beating both of last year's Cy Young winners in the process.

Wondering now which Ubaldo we get today against the Yanks.

The same one we always get. The guy who walks 4-7 batters depending on how free swinging the team he faces is.

Moros needs to stop trolling Jays fans with his comments about Dickey. If there's one position the Jays actually do have some time to figure out, it's the starting pitcher. Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow and Happ should be able to buy Dickey enough time to figure out how to throw the knuckle-ball at the Dome.

Sanjuro

Moros needs to stop trolling Jays fans with his comments about Dickey. If there's one position the Jays actually do have some time to figure out, it's the starting pitcher. Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow and Happ should be able to buy Dickey enough time to figure out how to throw the knuckle-ball at the Dome.

I don't see how the dome can affect Dickey's variant on the knuckleball that great of a deal. The splits aren't a balanced enough sample size or drastically opposing either. He just needs to figure his own shit out.

Parch

The dome is supposed to help the knuckleballer. No wind, especially when closed.
Dickey trying to figure out his own shit is the only hope because the pitching coaches probably have no idea how to help.

The dome is supposed to help the knuckleballer. No wind, especially when closed.
Dickey trying to figure out his own shit is the only hope because the pitching coaches probably have no idea how to help.

He didn't have a great April last year. I chalk it up to Knuckleball mojo taking a while to work itself out.

I also don't think Dickey has much of sample size to definitively say how well a dome improves his knuckler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom