• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Branduil

ine6QeXsqVlUQ.gif

Macattk15

What the fucking hell Seager?

edit : Oh look Seager. You'd be on fucking 3rd with no outs now. FUCK. Why do people do boneheaded SHIT.

Just got home from the Jays game.

Seriously, that was one of the best games I have been to. Such a great crowd. After the game there were Kawasaki chants all along Spadina to Bloor. Went drinking at a bar and a couple of hours later you could still find people talking about Kawasaki and the Blue Jays. Reyes has some big shoes to fill.

What the hell's up with the AL East? I'm not complaining, soon you'll all just beat up on each other and make it easier to grab a Wild Card elsewhere.

Still think we're a year away.

jakncoke

Banned
I'd be very surprised if we catch the Cardinals. Of course, we are only 3 back, so anything can happen.

I do like that 5.5 game lead in the Wild Card race. Still early to be paying too close attention to that, though.

Yep considering we blew a 16 game over .500 record last year. So the Dodgers spent over 200 million this year to finish under .500 thats shit fucking awesome.

Ike Davis has four HRs in his last two games in the minors. In 11 games, he is hitting .333 with a .480 OBP. looks like he's coming around but they should give him another week to see if he keeps it up. he is driving the ball, which is key.

harSon

Banned
I'd be very surprised if we catch the Cardinals. Of course, we are only 3 back, so anything can happen.

I do like that 5.5 game lead in the Wild Card race. Still early to be paying too close attention to that, though.

There's definitely a good chance we catch them in the upcoming weeks considering our schedule (2 more games vs the Angels, 2 vs the Mariners, 3 vs the Brewers, 3 vs Philly and 3 vs the Cubs), but unless we made some trades at the deadline, then I doubt we even win the wildcard in the end.

I'm not even sure I want us to make a huge trade at this point. There are articles about us going for Stanton, but all of them have us gutting our farm system, which is fine and all except for the fact that Stanton is injury prone. If we're giving up something like Taillon, Polanco and Tony Sanchez, then we better be getting something in return that's guaranteed, and Stanton's health is far from guaranteed.

I'm kind of fine with hedging our bets on our farm system at this point. Cole is looking great. Taillon should move up to the big leagues sometime next season. If Polanco keeps progressing at his current rate, the prospects of an outfield with Marte, McCutchen and Polanco is pretty fucking awesome. Tony Sanchez seems like a possible replacement for Martin.

The only questionable minor leaguer at this point is Alen Hanson, which coincidentally is our biggest need and the one that this trade seeks to rectify. He had a slow start to his season, but he's doing decently now. But scouts still aren't convinced that he'll be able to stick at Shortstop in the long run.

I know minor leaguers aren't a sure bet, especially for us, but we've been having some great luck with them these last few years.

Syrinx

Ike Davis has four HRs in his last two games in the minors. In 11 games, he is hitting .333 with a .480 OBP. looks like he's coming around but they should give him another week to see if he keeps it up. he is driving the ball, which is key.
Oh that's good. I was curious to hear how he was doing. The way he was going he probably couldn't have hit high school pitching, so hopefully he's figured something out.

Top Bottom