• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

jakncoke

Banned
Jeff Locke of all people is leading the NL in ERA atm.. weird

There's definitely a good chance we catch them in the upcoming weeks considering our schedule (2 more games vs the Angels, 2 vs the Mariners, 3 vs the Brewers, 3 vs Philly and 3 vs the Cubs), but unless we made some trades at the deadline, then I doubt we even win the wildcard in the end.

I'm not even sure I want us to make a huge trade at this point. There are articles about us going for Stanton, but all of them have us gutting our farm system, which is fine and all except for the fact that Stanton is injury prone. If we're giving up something like Taillon, Polanco and Tony Sanchez, then we better be getting something in return that's guaranteed, and Stanton's health is far from guaranteed.

I'm kind of fine with hedging our bets on our farm system at this point. Cole is looking great. Taillon should move up to the big leagues sometime next season. If Polanco keeps progressing at his current rate, the prospects of an outfield with Marte, McCutchen and Polanco is pretty fucking awesome. Tony Sanchez seems like a possible replacement for Martin.

The only questionable minor leaguer at this point is Alen Hanson, which coincidentally is our biggest need and the one that this trade seeks to rectify. He had a slow start to his season, but he's doing decently now. But scouts still aren't convinced that he'll be able to stick at Shortstop in the long run.

I know minor leaguers aren't a sure bet, especially for us, but we've been having some great luck with them these last few years.

Tony Sanchez is garbo, just give up on him. I have. Not to mention this season he's let a lot of people steal on him fuck that shit

Interesting he batting 306 with a .256 iso.. sell sell sell.. Get something in return for him

harSon

Banned
Jeff Locke of all people is leading the NL in ERA atm.. weird

Tony Sanchez is garbo, just give up on him. I have. Not to mention this season he's let a lot of people steal on him fuck that shit

At the very least, he's better then Fort. Tony Sanchez has found his stroke as a batter this season. If he can hit at the MLB level, then at least he won't be a liability with stolen bases and hitting like Fort. Regardless, we'll see what Sanchez can do since he was called up a few days ago.

And yeah, I keep expecting Locke to falter, but he keeps getting better and better with each outing.... It doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom