• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Wow, that game was nuts! Thank God the Pirates held on there.

Strange inning from Grilli. Some weak hits that found holes, some questionable defense, and an inability to finish batters off. Grilli had 2 strikes on almost all of those batters and couldn't get the K. Very un-Grilli like.

Nasty pitch to finish off Trout, though.

46-30 with some winnable series on the schedule leading into the All Star Break.

David Wright has taken his first lead in voting at third base for the National League All-Star team, Major League Baseball has announced.

Wright now leads Sandoval by approximately 129,000 votes – 2,917,819 to 2,788,988.

All-Star balloting ends July 4.
u1m9K.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
The worst thing about being a bad team is ESPN doesn't even pretend to care about you. Even during a rain delay, where Baseball Tonight is doing nothing but stalling for time, they mention Harvey pitched 6 shutout innings and the Mets won 8-0. That was it. Maybe 30 seconds. No mention that Harvey is the first opposing pitcher to win twice in a season at CBP; no mention of David Wright's four extra base hits; no mention of this being the first time ever the Mets have won series in both Atlanta and Philly on the same roadtrip.

Even later, when talking about the dropped ball by Nava in the Red Sox-Tigers game, the segment was called " Dropped Balls" and the graphic even included Revere next to Nava, yet none of them even mentioned it before moving on to the next story.

I know ESPN is gutter trash that only gives a shit about the Yankees, the Red Sox, and whatever other teams are doing well, but it still pisses me off.

The worst thing about being a bad team is ESPN doesn't even pretend to care about you. Even during a rain delay, where Baseball Tonight is doing nothing but stalling for time, they mention Harvey pitched 6 shutout innings and the Mets won 8-0. That was it. Maybe 30 seconds. No mention that Harvey is the first opposing pitcher to win twice in a season at CBP; no mention of David Wright's four extra base hits; no mention of this being the first time ever the Mets have won series in both Atlanta and Philly on the same roadtrip.

Even later, when talking about the dropped ball by Nava in the Red Sox-Tigers game, the segment was called " Dropped Balls" and the graphic even included Revere next to Nava, yet none of them even mentioned it before moving on to the next story.

I know ESPN is gutter trash that only gives a shit about the Yankees, the Red Sox, and whatever other teams are doing well, but it still pisses me off.
It's worse with NBA stuff. However it's amazingly funny because when they cover NFL stuff, it's way more balanced. If the game is between crappy teams yet yields a classic, you'll see it.

cashman

Banned
poor poor baby. If the Rangers game ever gets underway I'm gonna be forced to see them shove game 6 down my throat all night

Syrinx

Also, Manny Acta is total dogshit as an analyst. I can't see him lasting beyond this season.

Is he the guy saying Matt Harvey can hit because he's a 1st round pick and because he probably played shortstop or something earlier in his career, or something like that? I was like "Huh?"

Link

The Autumn Wind
Is he the guy saying Matt Harvey can hit because he's a 1st round pick and because he probably played shortstop or something earlier in his career, or something like that? I was like "Huh?"
Yeah, that's him.

Btw, did you like that 25 second segment on the game?

Syrinx

Yeah, that's him.

Btw, did you like that 25 second segment on the game?

Egh...I get that the Mets are bad and the Phillies are sub-par and so it's not exactly a hot topic. But at the same time it feels like they really aren't keeping up with these teams the way they should. Today, when they were talking about All-Star balloting, was the first time I think I saw ESPN recognize that David Wright is actually having a very, very good season, and deserves that starting spot.

But then I've kinda gotten myself out of watching ESPN so much, as Baseball Tonight has been terrible for a good while. So maybe I'm wrong about that.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Manny Acta used to be the third base coach under Willie Randolph.
I know who he is. After that he was the manager for the Nats and then the Indians.

Egh...I get that the Mets are bad and the Phillies are sub-par and so it's not exactly a hot topic. But at the same time it feels like they really aren't keeping up with these teams the way they should. Today, when they were talking about All-Star balloting, was the first time I think I saw ESPN recognize that David Wright is actually having a very, very good season, and deserves that starting spot.

But then I've kinda gotten myself out of watching ESPN so much, as Baseball Tonight has been terrible for a good while. So maybe I'm wrong about that.
I can understand when they only have an hour and need to get everything in. But they're literally doing nothing but stalling for time right now, and I don't think they've even mentioned a few games at all, so I guess even getting any airtime is a plus.

Syrinx

I can understand when they only have an hour and need to get everything in. But they're literally doing nothing but stalling for time right now, and I don't think they've even mentioned a few games at all, so I guess even getting any airtime is a plus.

I think they're pretty much just redoing the BT broadcast instead of going more in-depth. Which they should do; they've already gone over all the games, why not take the time to go through the details of each game? That rain doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon.

Branduil

ST LOUIS IS GOD'S GIFT TO BASEBALL EVERYTHING ADAM WAINWRIGHT DOES IS PERFECT EVEN HIS POOPS ARE PERFECT

Can I get a job at ESPN now?

Top Bottom