• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Chris Davis just has improved plate recognition. Good to see Britton have success. Still have no clue why they recalled The Gas Man and not have him start.

harSon

Banned
My power came back on just time in time! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Number 50 baby! Feels good.

harSon

Banned
As for bad news... we're probably going to have to make a trade for a starting pitcher now.

Wandy was shut down from throwing due to forearm soreness. McDonald is going to see a doctor. McPhereson experienced elbow/forearm pain during his last bullpen outing and has been shut down/will see a medical team. Irwin is experiencing Elbow pain and has been shutdown/will see a medical team. Jeff Karstens is still rehabilitating, if you can even call it that. He's probably never going to throw a pitch this season.

That leaves us with AJ, Liriano, Locke, Cole, Gomez and Morton. I honestly only trust AJ and Liriano. The rest are either inexperienced or overachieving and bound to regress, or a combination of the two.

Was hoping we'd be able to focus on a bat, or just ride the current team we had :( Hopefully we can get out of the trade season without touching Tailon, Polanco or Hanson. There's a couple other guys I'd prefer to keep, but any of these three would sting.

Macattk15

As for bad news... we're probably going to have to make a trade for a starting pitcher now.

Wandy was shut down from throwing due to forearm soreness. McDonald is going to see a doctor. McPhereson experienced elbow/forearm pain during his last bullpen outing and has been shut down/will see a medical team. Irwin is experiencing Elbow pain and has been shutdown/will see a medical team. Jeff Karstens is still rehabilitating, if you can even call it that. He's probably never going to throw a pitch this season.

That leaves us with AJ, Liriano, Locke, Cole, Gomez and Morton. I honestly only trust AJ and Liriano. The rest are either inexperienced or overachieving and bound to regress, or a combination of the two.

Saunders, Harang or Bonderman. Take your pick!

Opiate

I'm very happy for the pirates. Pittsburgh very much strikes me as a town that wants to care about the Pirates if they're only given some reason to.

harSon

Banned
I hope the Pirates win tomorrow, maintaining their #1 position in all of baseball and continuing their stream to 9 wins, just so I can see the mental squirming ESPN is going to have to do to justify placing the Pirates outside the top 5 in their Power Rankings.

jakncoke

Banned

Was hoping we'd be able to focus on a bat, or just ride the current team we had :( Hopefully we can get out of the trade season without touching Tailon, Polanco or Hanson. There's a couple other guys I'd prefer to keep, but any of these three would sting.

Yeah we've pretty much used up all the options available and or seen them go do ineffectiveness/injury as humanly possible with our current group. I say fuck it packaged Tony Sanchez and some other middling prospects for a rental of whatever talent that can land. Its funny because Brandon Cumton should be in AA but been used in MLB and AAA because of whats occured. Also you must have missed the Karsten news but he down for till September after shoulder surgury

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oliver Perez tricked the Mets into thinking he was good enough for a 3/36 contract. You should have known!

Well that was an unpleasant road trip. On the plus side, Pittsburgh didn't turn out to be the shithole I presumed it to be, the panhandlers and horrible drivers notwithstanding.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hell of a man that Chris Davis is... *deletes his posts from 2012 MLB-GAF*

Also congrats Pirates. See you in the world series. :)

Top Bottom