• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Rivera gets the MVP for doing nothing. Great, yea lets ignore the guys who got drove in some runs, got hits, actually closed the game, pitched more than an inning. Spits on the record book. When people look at the records they see him as mvp and he did nothing to deserve it, they will scratch their heads in disbelief. Shameful, MLB, hey what other awards can you give him?

Rivera gets the MVP for doing nothing. Great, yea lets ignore the guys who got drove in some runs, got hits, actually closed the game, pitched more than an inning. Spits on the record book. When people look at the records they see him as mvp and he did nothing to deserve it, they will scratch their heads in disbelief. Shameful, MLB, hey what other awards can you give him?
Myman.jpg

That is why the MLB ASG stinks. Just too many players for anyone to make an impact in a low-scoring game

There should be just the starters and a few reserves

Or we should just enjoy the game, let everyone play, and not care so much about a meaningless MVP award that Mariano Rivera (or whoever wins it) is probably just going to chuck in their closet.

It does, however, bug me that people make such a big deal about the "greatest closer ever" which is a pretty meaningless position, yet are still against a DH being in the HoF. Edgar>Mariano.

Or we should just enjoy the game, let everyone play, and not care so much about a meaningless MVP award that Mariano Rivera (or whoever wins it) is probably just going to chuck in their closet.

It does, however, bug me that people make such a big deal about the "greatest closer ever" which is a pretty meaningless position, yet are still against a DH being in the HoF. Edgar>Mariano.

Back to NBA-Gaf you go.

JABEE

The ASG stopped mattering a long time ago.

JDHarbs

The fans at Citizen Bank Park gave Chipper Jones a standing ovation during his last trip to Philadelphia. I was there.
The KC crowd gave him a great ovation at last year's game as well. I just think he should've gotten MVP too since they're just handing them out to great players now.

zulux21

It's an allstar game mvp. Who gives a shit?

well to be fair, aside from Chris Sale white sox fans don't really have much to remotely be excited about this year aside from the fire sale (hope hope) that should happen in the next 15 days lol. Thus him getting MVP at the all star game at least would have been something :p

That aside while I knew Mo was going to get the MVP, I was really really hoping he wouldn't... *shrugs* oh well it's the all star game MVP it's pretty darn meaningless, especially when you are a fan of a team that might end up with a record worse than the astros or marlins lol.

Sorry, he didn't play for the Yankees.

tumblr_m0l0m1RNu91qi39t0o1_400.gif

Top Bottom