• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

TORONTO -- Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, who finished runner-up to Ryan Braun in voting for the 2011 National League Most Valuable Player award, thinks the suspended Milwaukee Brewers slugger should be stripped of the honor.

Braun finished with 388 points and 20 first-place votes, to 332 and 10 for Kemp. Major League Baseball attempted to suspend Braun following a positive test that October for elevated testosterone, but the penalty was overturned by an arbitrator who ruled Braun's urine sample was handled improperly.

Braun agreed Monday to a 65-game suspension for unspecified violations of baseball's drug rules and labor contract.

Asked Tuesday whether the award should be taken away from Braun, Kemp responded: "I mean, yeah, I do," pausing and adding, "I feel like it should be, but that's not for me to decide, you know?"

Kemp said people feel "betrayed" by Braun.

"I'm disappointed," Kemp said. "I talked to Braun before any of this happened, we had conversations and I considered him a friend. I don't think anybody likes to be lied to and I feel like a lot of people have felt betrayed. That's not just me, that's the whole Brewers organization, a lot of his teammates. I think a lot of people feel that way."
jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

3N16MA

Banned
Who are we using all that money on? I want to see Choo in pin stripes.

If it was to really happen it makes taking on Cano's contract easier but the Yanks should still not grossly overpay for him. Gardy should be extended this off-season to which would hopefully be a team friendly deal. 3 year extension would be a good move.

Choo is going to get that 5th year guaranteed that Swisher wanted and perhaps at a higher per season average.

BigAT

Rangers had a painting featuring Braun that they took down after the suspension yesterday?

"Random observation from the visiting clubhouse here in Arlington. The place is full of paintings of various baseball players, and yesterday there was one of Justin Verlander and Ryan Braun to celebrate their MVP awards in 2011. I doubt it’s a coincidence that the painting was gone today."

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/23/pregame-notes-70/

eznark

Banned
Woah sweet, I didn't know the Brewers traded KRod. And they got Delmonico? Holy shit, thanks Baltimore! Super long shot but lots of upside. Well done.

Link

The Autumn Wind
@JimBowdenESPNxm
Jim Axelrod of the CBS Evening News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.Not confirmed.
They must have gotten the call from Cashman that the Yankees need that contract to go away.

Jangocube

Banned
Woah sweet, I didn't know the Brewers traded KRod. And they got Delmonico? Holy shit, thanks Baltimore! Super long shot but lots of upside. Well done.

I'm more surprised we actually traded for him. Our bullpen has been great the last couple of years. And Delmonico, meh, won't miss him.

eznark

Banned
I'm more surprised we actually traded for him. Our bullpen has been great the last couple of years. And Delmonico, meh, won't miss him.

FO feels differently. Supposedly they told Melvin he was off limits but when three other teams entered the mix they decided to move him.

eznark

Banned
I don't remember Hernandez's press conference after his coke distribution Grand Jury appearance. Probably just too young.

Congrats on ruining Straw's life though, Keith!

I'm stunned at the tweets coming from players killing Braun. Mark Mulder destroying Braun, even Schilling apologizing for any comments he made about the urine collector and Braun detractors.

JABEE

I'm starting to think it may be wise for the Phillies to sell. When you look at what the Cubs got for Garza, there is a lot of young talent available.

Top Bottom