• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

rekameohs

Banned
Btw, this tweet from Jose is a candidate for GOAT. I can't stop marveling at it.

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/359739643329130497

a-rod-kisses-himself-details-magazine-04-791912.jpg

Mets need to unload anyone another team will take. Byrd, Murphy, Ike, Tejada, Parnell, Hawkins. Get bullpen and OF help. This same carousel bullshit year after year is tiring.
We need a fucking OFer man. Talk to the As for one of their OFs. Like Michael Choice.

cashman

Banned
Calling A-ball arms "bullpen floor" guys is too far a stretch for me but Edwards is a good arm. I think the package really says just how concerned teams are about Olt's vision. I almost wonder if the Rangers were trying to unload him for anything they could get.

I'm calling Ramirez a bullpen floor. Edwards isn't really a sure thing (48th round pick in 2011), but I really like him. As far as Olt goes the vision problems might have been caused by a concussion he got playing winterball, but he's been playing well recently after Manny helped fix his swing a little. I think he'll be fine but we'll just have to see. It just sucks that Olt could have gotten the Rangers Greinke last year when they actually needed a pitcher.

edit: Ramirez is in AA I worded my last post pretty poorly

Jenrry Mejia to be called up after 2 rehab starts to pitch Game 1 of Friday's doubledip. Awesome.

Tuesday: Carlos Torres
Wednesday: Jeremy Hefner
Thursday: Zack Wheeler

Friday, Game 1: Jenrry Mejia
Friday, Game 2: Matt Harvey
Saturday: Dillon Gee
Breakdown of his rehab outings.

I really like to see if Mejia can come all the way back and beyond to become an effective starter. Mets are starting to finally sort out where all their "B" pitching prospects will be... Jeurys Familia in relief/future closer, Mejia starter as long as no red flags in his rehab, Leatherisch as crossover lefty setup. Finally none of this ambiguity crap.

Jenrry Mejia to be called up after 2 rehab starts to pitch Game 1 of Friday's doubledip. Awesome.

Breakdown of his rehab outings.

I really like to see if Mejia can come all the way back and beyond to become an effective starter. Mets are starting to finally sort out where all their "B" pitching prospects will be... Jeurys Familia in relief/future closer, Mejia starter as long as no red flags in his rehab, Leatherisch as crossover lefty setup. Finally none of this ambiguity crap.
Same here Frank. I'm a big Mejia fan. A scout from his last said he looks really good. Natural cut to his fastball is back n curve looks good.

3N16MA

Banned
Does anyone know anything about Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez? Interesting that the rumor is that scouts think he needs just a few starts in the minors.

It's weird that his numbers are nothing special yet several teams seem to be interested in a guy who looks like a #3. Scouts seem to think he is MLB ready.

Parch

J.P. Arencibia has retired...
... from Twitter.
His complaining about criticism was getting silly. A healthy dose of STFU will do him good.

Jays team meeting after yesterday's debacle decided that they need to grow up and start acting like adults.

'bout time.

rekameohs

Banned
@JimBowdenESPNxm
Jim Axelrod of the CBS Evening News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.Not confirmed.

A-Rod-salary-Astros.jpg

Chris Carpenter may be officially done. He felt numbness in his hand during his last rehab start. He's been shut down from all baseball activities.

Top Bottom