• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Chris R

Twins!!! I turn over for half a second and come back to see them win by 7! And here I was ready to just let the angles win it after they tied it up in the 9th.

The Cardinals are going to be in a brutal stretch after this Phillies series

3 @ ATL
5 @ PIT
3 @ CIN
4 vs LAD

That's a 15 game gauntlet against contending teams in a 14 day stretch (doubleheader in the PIT series due to an earlier rainout). Hope we can keep our heads above the water and maintain our division lead.

3 @ ATL
5 @ PIT
3 @ CIN
4 vs LAD

That's a 15 game gauntlet against contending teams in a 14 day stretch (doubleheader in the PIT series due to an earlier rainout). Hope we can keep our heads above the water and maintain our division lead.

Braves bats are dead right now so you're probably catching them at a good time.

eznark

Banned
lol, supposedly in back to back innings last night the Braves TV guys alternately heaped praise on Marlon Byrd for coming back so strong from his steroid suspension and then demanded Braun be suspended for life.

Clear anti-Semite's.

Talon

lol, supposedly in back to back innings last night the Braves TV guys alternately heaped praise on Marlon Byrd for coming back so strong from his steroid suspension and then demanded Braun be suspended for life.

Clear anti-Semite's.
Chip Caray is just plain dumb.
Joe Simpson hates everybody.
Dale Murphy is just happy to be there.

eznark

Banned
Cover all you want, clear fact is that John Rocker is and always will be the true standard that organization strives to live up to.

BFIB

3 @ ATL
5 @ PIT
3 @ CIN
4 vs LAD

I was looking ahead at the schedule. If we make it through those games with .500 or better, then I think we're set. This is the toughest stretch of the season.

harSon

Banned
Apparently the White Sox turned down a trade of pitching prospect Carlos Martinez for Alexi Ramirez from the Cardinals. If true, the White Sox are truly retarded.

RBH

• We'd heard that the Yankees and Rangers had checked in on Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano, and Stark adds the Phillies and Giants to the list of a half-dozen interested teams. The Marlins weren't too keen on dealing Ruggiano but he could be expendable now that Christian Yellich and Jake Marisnick have been called up.
  • The Phillies' next five games "will determine Michael Young's fate more than anyone else on their roster," said one executive who has talked to the club. Young is seen as "pretty much a lock" to be dealt if the Phils struggle during their road trip through St. Louis and Detroit this week. The Phillies dropped a 4-1 result to the Cardinals last night.
  • Jonathan Papelbon hasn't been made available by the Phillies but even if he was, one AL executive thinks Papelbon's contract makes him "practically untradable."
  • Stark thinks the Phillies and Marlins are good trade partners on paper since the Phils could use Ruggiano or any of Miami's good relievers. The Marlins aren't willing to move anyone unless they get a great offer, however, and the Phillies aren't willing to move any of their top prospects to facilitate a deal.
  • The Nationals could listen on a good offer for Drew Storen, the former first-round pick who is struggling through a tough year. The Nats are in a tough spot trade-wise, however, since the team is largely set at every position yet are still in need of hitting.
  • Alex Rios' long slump has lowered his trade value and the White Sox will be hard-pressed to find a team to meet their asking price for the right fielder. The Rangers still have some interest in Rios, as they're looking for an outfielder that can be controlled beyond this season.
  • The Red Sox are seen as very likely to add pitching before the deadline. Boston has been linked to Jake Peavy and were interested in Francisco Rodriguez before the Orioles got him.
  • The Braves have targeted Oliver Perez and Charlie Furbush of the Mariners, Scott Downs of the Angels, Mike Dunn of the Marlins and James Russell of the Cubs in their search for left-handed relief pitching. While Atlanta has been looking at these names and others, however, Stark says the team isn't close to a deal.
  • In regards to the Biogenesis scandal, Stark hears from an attorney who believes "virtually every case will be settled by a plea deal. You're going to see a lot of pleas. You're going to see a lot of deals."
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/starks-latest-brewers-ruggiano-young-storen.html

I was looking ahead at the schedule. If we make it through those games with .500 or better, then I think we're set. This is the toughest stretch of the season.

Bucs and Cards still have something like 14 games against each other correct? One of those teams take a demanding portion of those games is probably your division winner.

Ryan Braun's suspension could drastically change the Brewers' perspective on trading some veteran stars. While Francisco Rodriguez was indeed traded just a day after Braun's suspension was announced, Stark hears that the Brewers are asking for a lot in deals. "One of the problems with dealing with Milwaukee is that [their] trade for [Jean] Segura last year was so one-sided that they want another tilted deal. Not going to happen," an AL executive said.

Brewers thinking they can strike gold twice.

jbug617

Banned
you guys caught up on the Yanks vs ARod drama.

@JimmyTraina: Wow. Mike Francesa interviewing doctor who examined ARod. Dr says ARod does NOT have a quad injury & he's fine.

@JimmyTraina: Doctor who looked at A-Rod's MRI on quad to Mike Francesa: "To be perfectly honest, I don't see any sort of injury there."

@JimmyTraina: To those saying Dr. breached confidentiality: ARod gave the Dr permission to go on Mike Francesa's show. ARod knew what he was going to say.

@JimmyTraina: Producer of Francesa's show -> RT @BMonzoWFAN Remember, this isnt an updated MRI. This is SAME MRI that Yanks doctors said there is a strain

This is something crazy.

Syrinx

Wouldn't it be some sort of violation for the Yankees to keep A-Rod on the DL if the injury is a fake? I mean, the Mets did something sorta like that with Oliver Perez a few years ago iirc, where they just kept him on the DL as long as possible so he didn't waste a roster spot, but flat out making up an injury (assuming this is all true, of course)?

Like I said, this whole thing is just nuts. Pretty entertaining though.

Syrinx

It's not really even A Rod's doctor. He hasn't even met him. It was just a doctor he was recommended to from a mutual friend(another physician).

Like I said, assuming that this guy is right and that he doesn't actually have a quad strain. Maybe he's just an incompetent doctor or he's speaking on A-Rod's behalf, or...something.

sangreal

I thought it was pretty obvious that A-Rod's injury was BS. They even played him in AAA after it came up. Now they can keep him out for the rest of the season with a 15 day DL stint, a week or two of rehab drills and then a new 20 day rehab window

e: actually, I guess they didn't even bother to call him up even though they diagnosed it after his rehab window was up. even better

Bucs and Cards still have something like 14 games against each other correct? One of those teams take a demanding portion of those games is probably your division winner.
There's another stretch in late August where the Cards face PIT/CIN in back-to-back-to-back series. So yeah, those head-to-head matchups will be pretty significant.

Didn't A-Rod try to buy up Biogenesis evidence to destroy? I'd say that's a pretty flagrant offense, and MLB wouldn't look too kindly upon a player trying to obstruct them. He's done for at least one full season, I predict. Banning him outright doesn't seem like the kind of step they'd resort to this soon.

thefro

Didn't A-Rod try to buy up Biogenesis evidence to destroy? I'd say that's a pretty flagrant offense, and MLB wouldn't look too kindly upon a player trying to obstruct them. He's done for at least one full season, I predict. Banning him outright doesn't seem like the kind of step they'd resort to this soon.

lol, he should learn from John Calipari and had World Wide Wes' people buy up the paperwork.

Top Bottom