• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Is there really a difference between what A-Rod has supposedly done and the fact that MLB bought biogenesis evidence specifically to destroy players' careers?

It seems like one big ethical graveyard to me.

Is there really a difference between what A-Rod has supposedly done and the fact that MLB bought biogenesis evidence specifically to destroy players' careers?

One was buying it to cover up evidence (allegedly) and the other was buying to acquire evidence.

There is a distinct difference there. The players run the risk of destroying their own careers if they choose to use banned substances. They can choose to take HGH if it can help them play better and give them a bigger payroll, but accept the risks.

Pretty simple.

Didn't A-Rod try to buy up Biogenesis evidence to destroy? I'd say that's a pretty flagrant offense, and MLB wouldn't look too kindly upon a player trying to obstruct them. He's done for at least one full season, I predict. Banning him outright doesn't seem like the kind of step they'd resort to this soon.

I don't remember that ever getting proven, it was just some rumor that popped up right st the start. I do remember a story that said Bosch basically tried to get money out of A-Rod right before he went to MLB with whatever he had.

Fox318

I wonder what Cashman is going to say to Arod this time.

ep1Id3V.jpg

I got a text from a friend saying MLB was thinking of giving him a lifetime ban, that won't happen though right?

That's all bullshit. They'll never get that past the union. Arod could show up to the hearing with his pants down and a needle sticking out of his balls and they wouldn't get a lifetime ban.

BFIB

Don't take PED's, and you have nothing to hide.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
One was buying it to cover up evidence (allegedly) and the other was buying to acquire evidence.

There is a distinct difference there. The players run the risk of destroying their own careers if they choose to use banned substances. They can choose to take HGH if it can help them play better and give them a bigger payroll, but accept the risks.

Pretty simple.
1) How can we trust that the evidence is legitimate if it was purchased?

2) How do we know that evidence is being sought and applied evenly, and not just directed towards specific players that MLB has vendettas against?

I think the writers used the "winning team" argument or something. I would have chose Kemp that season. Both were similar offensively but Kemp played the harder position. Although, not very well.
Yup. Braun led in avg while Kemp led in HR's and RBI's.. But Brewers went to the playoffs

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
BREAKING NEWS: #Rays top pitching prospect Taylor Guerrieri having Tommy John surgery today

god fucking dammit. already depleted farm system takes another massive hit thanks to injury this year. shrug.

sangreal

The fatman is really trashing the Yankees over this (and I agree with him). I think he has Joe G coming on later, so that should be interesting.

Either play him, or get him off the books.

The boos are going to happen anyway.

And hey - maybe you'd sell more tickets in this lackluster season if he plays, if only for all the agita he inspires in fans...

What is Kay saying?

The way it's been explained to me, Kay is on Twitter talking about how A-Rod won't be on his show anytime soon because he (Alex) is looking for "blind support". He basically doesn't want to be a shill, which is essentially a reference/shot at Mike for having A-Rod's doctor on and generally defending him.

sangreal

The way it's been explained to me, Kay is on Twitter talking about how A-Rod won't be on his show anytime soon because he (Alex) is looking for "blind support". He basically doesn't want to be a shill, which is essentially a reference/shot at Mike for having A-Rod's doctor on and generally defending him.

Kay doesn't want to be a shill? lolol

Top Bottom