• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

The asking price is crazy for him.

It should be. They have no reason to trade him right now unless someone overpays. They actually have a really good starting staff and Sale-Quintana-Peavy-Santiago is not the worst way to start a rebuild. They are going to win you a lot of ball games if you even have an average line-up and defense.

crpav

It should be. They have no reason to trade him right now unless someone overpays. They actually have a really good starting staff and Sale-Quintana-Peavy-Santiago is not the worst way to start a rebuild. They are going to win you a lot of ball games if you even have an average line-up and defense.

That's the problem though. The offense seems to think "Oh Sale is pitching today, bring out the whiffle bats guys, no need to hit today.".

Buster Olney‏@Buster_ESPN3
The White Sox are telling other teams they're going to keep Peavy and build around him.

really now?

ibgYghMWSTq00T.gif

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Athletics off Peavy, moving onto other pursuits - bullpen, middle IFer. Will dangle some of players they would have traded for Peavy

Man....

That's the problem though. The offense seems to think "Oh Sale is pitching today, bring out the whiffle bats guys, no need to hit today.".

True, but they should have money to make it rain this offseason. If they keep Peavy, they probably sign a few mid level position players and hope to compete right away.Similar to being one of the worst teams in baseball in 2007 and making the play-offs the next behind young, talented pitching because they didn't blow it up. Obviously that's far from a guarantee again and probably not too smart planning, but I can see them thinking it.

RBH

Howie Kendrick or Erick Aybar could be a decent option for Oakland, but it would probably come at a price, especially for a trade within the division.

I said it yesterday, but it bears repeating. Mo is going to overpay on Peavy. I just know it.

All these pitching prospects, and that is the best we'll get?
If he's giving up more than one top prospect, it better be a bigger splash than Jake freaking Peavy. I just hope he doesn't do a kneejerk trade because the team is scuffling right now.

I want that weed the White Sox GM is smoking.

Hahn is a former agent and graduate of Harvard Law. He's too smart for all of us. It's funny that no one can get a read on him and when they think they do, it seems to a ploy by him to leak and gain leverage. Even the local reporters have admitted defeat.

harSon

Banned
Stanton to the Mets for Noah Sydergaard, WIlmer Flores, and n whoever else.

I'm starting to come around on the idea of Stanton coming to the Pirates, although losing Taillon and Polanco definitely hurts, especially since Liriano, Burnett and Wandy are unlikely to be here in two years.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm starting to come around on the idea of Stanton coming to the Pirates, although losing Taillon and Polanco definitely hurts, especially since Liriano, Burnett and Wandy are unlikely to be here in two years.

Wonder if we could swing Polanco, Luis Heredia, and low prospect for him

Top Bottom