• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

ToxicAdam

I think this additional wildcard spot is going to increase the amount of waiver wire deals going down. July 31st is just too early for some teams to commit to some of these players (or throw the towel in and have them available).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was living like 10 minutes from Shea Stadium when they were the Devil Rays. So yeah it would have been weird for me to be rooting for them instead of the Mets.

I was living like 10 minutes from Shea Stadium when they were the Devil Rays. So yeah it would have been weird for me to be rooting for them instead of the Mets.
Those were confusing times for you, my friend. But you made the right decision and went back to your hometown team. I think even if people move you always should try and stick with your hometown team. With all the TV/media options it's not like how it was in the mid 90s trying to watch your fave team out of market.

Brinbe

God. I really hope they just ban this motherfucker. I don't want this shit to drag on for two+ years. At least it looks like A-Roid's fighting it instead of cooperating.

JABEE

God. I really hope they just ban this motherfucker. I don't want this shit to drag on for two+ years. At least it looks like A-Roid's fighting it instead of cooperating.

And his payroll shouldn't be wiped off the books either. It should work like the NHL and their discipline suspensions. Salary is moved from team to player, and then directly into the charity's account. They signed him because of his production and Championship he won on steroids.

SIMMONS

4428327318a5015693358ml.jpg

Probably late but lulz

If Alex Rodriguez is intent on fighting his looming suspension in an effort to stay on the field and protect his contract, commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to throw the book at the steroid-stained Yankee by invoking one of his office's most extreme privileges — the right to take action against a player to preserve the integrity of the game, the Daily News has learned.

By invoking that rarely used power - embodied in Article XI, Section A1b of the game's collective bargaining agreement - Selig would attempt to effectively keep Rodriguez from ever returning to the field by bypassing the grievance procedure outlined in the joint drug program MLB operates in conjunction with the Players Association.

Rodriguez would be suspended immediately for interfering with MLB's year-long investigation into Biogenesis, the South Florida anti-aging clinic that allegedly supplied performance-enhancing drugs to the aging infielder and other players and would later be hit with an additional suspension for violating baseball's drug program.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...commish-power-article-1.1412251#ixzz2aUp2TDCd

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The missile needs to activate his GPS. Let's go.

edit : WELL FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

2 walk off losses in a row. Fuckin awesome.

Top Bottom