• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

cashman

Banned
lol

Don't worry @raysbaseball we look forward to seeing you in Tampa in September for our home games at the Trop.

— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) July 30, 2013

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If their evidence is so strong why are they flailing so desperately in public to get him to take a plea deal? Also, are we supposed to forget that Melky got 50 games despite obstructing that investigation?
Selig is probably a member of the Tea Party.

7-29-2013-8-54-38-PM.jpg

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_29_tbamlb_bosmlb_1&mode=recap_away&c_id=tb

Home-plate umpire Jerry Meals called Nava out and the Rays escaped the inning unscathed.

"Daniel Nava clearly was safe," said Red Sox manager John Farrell, who was ejected for arguing the call. "It's unfortunate. We should still be playing right now."

After seeing the replay, Meals agreed.

"What I saw was: Molina blocked the plate and Nava's foot lifted," he said. "But in the replays, you could clearly see Nava's foot got under for a split second and then lifted, so I was wrong on my decision. From the angle I had, I did not see his foot get under Molina's shin guard."

jbug617

Banned
Even though the ump blew the call, the Sox shouldn't have been in that position because how can Nava not score from 2nd on a double by Drew.

Edit: Peavy probably going to be scratch from his start tonight. I think more of precaution rather than a deal being close.

@JonHeymanCBS: Peavy a likely scratch for #chisox tonite reports mark gonzales of chicago tribune. makes sense w/deadline tomorrow

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well my prediction of Rays - Braves WS still lives.

My predictions of the Giants and Angels winning their divisions not so much. And I get the feeling the Pirates aren't going to finish last in the Central.

BFIB

I think the Cards are on their worst losing streak of the season. Make it stop bros :(

Doesn't help that the bats fall silent in the toughest part of the schedule that can completely change our standings. We could be in third and down some games before this is all said and done.

jbug617

Banned
Dodgers are the leaders to sign Brian Wilson.

@BNightengale: The #Dodgers have now moved ahead and are the frontrunner to sign Brian Wilson

As of right now White Sox and Cardinals are not talking Peavy
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: No current discussions between #STLCards and #WhiteSox on Peavy.

Phillies want Bogaerts
@nickcafardo: From every indication Phillies won't settle for anything less than Bogaerts at the head of any package for Lee

Boegards for Lee would basically be Hanley for Beckett all over again. Wonder how the Sox will feel about that. Can any other team put together a better prospect to dangle at Philly? Who do the Dodgers have? Zack Lee probably doesn't match up to Boegarts. What Would Oakland be able to take on Lee's salary in any universe?

jbug617

Banned
Phillies call up Asche so Young probably going to be traded soon.

Also Astros scratch Norris and there is speculation he may be traded to Pittsburgh

Boegards for Lee would basically be Hanley for Beckett all over again. Wonder how the Sox will feel about that. Can any other team put together a better prospect to dangle at Philly? Who do the Dodgers have? Zack Lee probably doesn't match up to Boegarts. What Would Oakland be able to take on Lee's salary in any universe?

According to Jayson Stark, the Phillies are asking the Sox for Bogaerts, Workman and a MLB ready OF (Bradley Jr probably)

BFIB

Phils want Bogaerts, and two more top prospects, plus the Red Sox to take the remainder of the contract?

Been a while since the Red Sox FO made a boneheaded move, do it Boston!

cashman

Banned
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m
Sources: #Phillies’ Michael Young only approve trade to #Rangers. Has full no-trade clause.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Phillies’ Michael Young will only approve trade to #Rangers. Has full no-trade clause.

I guess he'll be coming home. Good news Enron!

Malvingt2

David Kaplan‏@thekapman
Sounds like White Sox and Pirates are getting close on a deal for Alex Rios. Cash being worked on. Not sure if they can find a middle ground

hmm

edit: beat....

BFIB

Seeing how ridiculous the White Sox GM has been the past few days, I'm guessing they'll want the Roberto Clemente Bridge thrown into the deal.

Phils want Bogaerts, and two more top prospects, plus the Red Sox to take the remainder of the contract?

Been a while since the Red Sox FO made a boneheaded move, do it Boston!

I dont see it as boneheaded at all. They would be getting a great pitcher back for 3 totally unproven guys.

Is it worth giving up 3 top prospects and taking on the salary?

If the Phils are eating some of the money, then that changes things.

Yeah I hadnt considered the money. I still remember when the Redsox could just spend as much as they wanted to win. Does anyone know what happened to change that?

Syrinx

Yeah I hadnt considered the money. I still remember when the Redsox could just spend as much as they wanted to win. Does anyone know what happened to change that?
I think they probably could if they really wanted to. I think it's just after some really bad contracts they've kinda gone against the mentality of spending indiscriminately and are trying to stay on a budget.

BFIB

Angels are "willing to listen" on Kendrick and Aybar. Want cost controlled pitching in return.

Wonder if the Cards are lining up something for SS? Especially now that the Rangers are putting Andrus on the market?

Top Bottom