• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Chris R

So I don't understand this personally, but apparently some people bookmark the thread and go right to the thread with links to all the conferences and schedules. To me it's silly-- you can't actually discuss anything in the thread because that would constitute a "spoiler." It's basically just a reminder posted on GAF.

What it is is a DIRECT link to the conferences, so people like me who weren't smart enough to take the day off work can get home and open open a thread they know won't be filled with spoilers and enjoy the conference "Live"

Yes it is silly, but if you want to watch the stuff "Live" having someone else post a direct link to the thing you want to watch online in a thread so you can avoid the gaming front page is nice.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
BTW, I called it on Arroyo.

The legend continues.

Yep, hitters catch up to his low velocity after their first at bat. He needs to throw the fastball more and Dusty needs to realize that when he starts the bullpen needs to be rested and on their game.

70 pitches and he needs to be out of the game.

edit: also avatar quote.

Give up an out, throw away the platoon advantage against a LOOGY, and doesn't even get the runner to second.

And now, Phillips will mash something like he usually does against us. Maness instead of Rosenthal is going to backfire like crazy.

Or not. I still have much to learn to reach the heights of Vastradamus, it seems.

dmag1223

Listining to NL announcers and mangers is pretty funny. They have such a boner for bunting, like it is some invaluable skill for every hitter. You could hit 40 hrs but they would be like " YEAH BUT CAN HE HANDLE TEH BAT???"

Damnit Brandon. Hacking at everything tonight.

Give up an out, throw away the platoon advantage against a LOOGY, and doesn't even get the runner to second.

And now, Phillips will mash something like he usually does against us. Maness instead of Rosenthal is going to backfire like crazy.

Or not. I still have much to learn to reach the heights of Vastradamus, it seems.

My powers are tainted with the powers of darkness. You are still pure with the power of the Reverse Jinx. I am suffering from Corran's Curse, where my reverse Jinxes come true.

I feel like I'm starting to get my reverse Jinx mojo back. Let's see:

St. Louis takes the lead against Broxton.

Doesn't really count if you don't actually believe it will happen, but still.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Listining to NL announcers and mangers is pretty funny. They have such a boner for bunting, like it is some invaluable skill for every hitter. You could hit 40 hrs but they would be like " YEAH BUT CAN HE HANDLE TEH BAT???"

Damnit Brandon. Hacking at everything tonight.
On bunts they get more to do. They get to explain how level the bat was, how he didn't punch at the ball, how the 3rd and 1st basemen charged in, how the pitcher pounced off the mound, how the 3rd baseman made a great underhanded throw to first and that they are the best in baseball at doing that, how the defense put on the wheel play and explain how it works from a fancy overhead camera shot, how the catcher jumped out of his squat to get to the ball, how the bunter is such a team player and get to show all the high fives and ass slaps in the dugout....basically they get to say and do the same thing every time and look and sound smart. Home Runs they just cheer.

If fWAR determined the All-Star Rosters this year:

Starting Lineup (In No Specific Order):
Jose Bautista (TOR) - OF
Miguel Cabrera (DET) - 3B
Chris Davis (BAL) - 1B
Edwin Encarnacion (TOR) - DH
Brett Gardner (NYY) - OF
Joe Mauer (MIN) - C
Dustin Pedroia (BOS) - 2B
Jhonny Peralta (DET) - SS
Mike Trout (LAA) - OF

Starting Pitcher:
Anibal Sanchez (DET)

Closer:
Jesse Crain (CWS)

Offensive Reserves:
Robinson Cano (NYY) - 2B
Jason Castro (HOU) - C
Josh Donaldson (OAK) - 2B
Jacoby Ellsbury (BOS) - OF
Alex Gordon (KC) - OF
J.J. Hardy (BAL) - SS
James Loney (TB) - 1B
Manny Machado (BAL) - 3B
Kendrys Morales (SEA) - DH
Carlos Santana (CLE) - C
Seth Smith (OAK) - DH
Mark Trumbo (LAA) - OF

Pitching Reserves:
Clay Buchholz (BOS) - SP
Ryan Cook (OAK) - RP
Yu Darvish (TEX) - SP
Doug Fister (DET) - SP
Felix Hernandez (SEA) - SP
Derek Holland (TEX) - SP
Glen Perkins (MIN) - RP
Addison Reed (CWS) - RP
Robbie Ross (TEX) - RP
Max Scherzer (DET) - SP
Justin Verlander (DET) - SP

Snubs:
None; every team represented by fWAR

Starting Lineup (In No Specific Order):
Everth Cabrera (SD) - DH
Matt Carpenter (STL) - 2B
Shin-Soo Choo (CIN) - OF
Paul Goldschmidt (ARI) - 1B
Carlos Gomez (MIL) - OF
Carlos Gonzalez (COL) - OF
Yadier Molina (STL) - C
Troy Tulowitski (COL) - SS
David Wright (NYM) - 3B

Starting Pitcher:
Adam Wainwright (STL)

Closer:
Jason Grilli (PIT)

Offensive Reserves:
Marco Scutaro (SF) - 2B
Evan Gattis (ATL) - C
Dexter Fowler (COL) - OF
Todd Frazier (CIN) - 3B
Bryce Harper (WAS) - OF
Marcell Ozuna (MIA) - OF
Gerardo Parra (ARI) - OF
Hunter Pence (SF) - OF
Brandon Phillips (CIN) - 2B
Buster Posey (SF) - C
Jean Segura (MIL) - SS
Joey Votto (CIN) - 1B

Pitching Reserves:
Homer Bailey (CIN) - SP
Patrick Corbin (ARI) - SP
Matt Harvey (NYM) - SP
Clayton Kershaw (LAD) - SP
Cliff Lee (PHI) - SP
Mark Melancon (PIT) - RP
Shelby Miller (STL) - SP
Bobby Parnell (NYM) - RP
Trevor Rosenthal (STL) - RP
James Russell (CHC) - RP
Jeff Samardzija (CHC) - SP

Snubs:
Ryan Braun (lowest fWAR of reserve outfielders; replaced due to Marlins needing one player)
Andrew McCutchen (second-lowest fWAR of reserve outfielders; replaced due to Nationals needing one player)

dmag1223

They gotta do something about the Reds' bullpen. Blowing 2 run leads in the 7,8,9 shouldn't happen 5 times in 13 games.

I was just looking at the stats from L'ville. When did our minor league system become so barren? There is literally no one to come up right now.

EDIT: LOL

No thanks. We need bullpen help.

Reds last 3 losses have been by a total of 22 runs. Yikes.

Yeah, clearly the 3rd best team in the NL Central right now.

I know it's still somewhat early in the season, but I've never in my life experienced 2 weeks of such frustrating 'snatched from the jaws of victory' style of defeats. It's killed my enthusiasm for the team.

I guess I'll take a break and pick it back up after the All Star Break. See you guys then. lol

NEW YORK -- Fed up after getting swept by the Miami Marlins for a second straight weekend, the New York Mets demoted three players to Triple-A Las Vegas after Sunday's defeat: first baseman Ike Davis, outfielder Mike Baxter and left-handed reliever Robert Carson.

Davis, making $3.125 million and a staple at first base for the Mets since April 2010, was the highest-profile player demoted. Manager Terry Collins pinch hit for Davis, who is hitting .161 (30-for-186) with 66 strikeouts this season, on Sunday for the second straight game.

"At some point you just have to say to yourself this is not in his best interest," general manager Sandy Alderson said about Davis. "I was one of his biggest supporters. I just felt at some point we've got to get him out of here. Hopefully he'll be back in a short period of time. But he needs to go there. He needs to be able to play every day. He needs to be able to work on his swing without worrying necessarily about the outcome. We think it's in his best interest."

The Mets plan to promote first baseman Josh Satin, outfielder Collin Cowgill and left-handed reliever Josh Edgin, according to a league source.

Alderson indicated the new first baseman should be a call-up, not left fielder Lucas Duda or second baseman Daniel Murphy.

Davis, through a team spokesman, declined to speak with reporters after receiving news of the demotion. Scouts have suggested Davis needs a radical change in batting approach, lessening his hand movement, yet Davis has resisted.
gw-1366035344118.gif

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

Wow, a bullpen worse than ours
used to be
. Dusty probably should've double switched with Chapman to get an extra inning out of him if the other relievers suck so much. You guys might not need Chapman in the Cubs series.

Top Bottom