• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

bozeman

Far be it for me to say something about Dusty bringing in a guy making his Major League debut, but in THAT situation? "Welcome to the Bigs! Go out and make perfect pitches against Matt Holliday with the bases loaded." Yeah, you're already down 3. Yeah, Mujica has been perfect so far. But maybe you knock him around a bit. Maybe he blows his first save and loses a bit of confidence. Who knows.

Also, I hope, with the next 3 series being against the Mets, Marlins, and Cubs, that the only time I see Mujica is when he needs to get some work in.

Link

The Autumn Wind
gw-1366035344118.gif

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif
Like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Wow, a bullpen worse than ours
used to be
. Dusty probably should've double switched with Chapman to get an extra inning out of him if the other relievers suck so much. You guys might not need Chapman in the Cubs series.

Dusty doesn't do Chapman over one inning, he's a delicate flower who needs to be handed like 50 year old Mariano Rivera.

I was following this on the radio but when I saw STL had two on in a tie game with Hoover pitching I was like, I'm done, this is over. Then I see the 11-4 final this morning! Can't help but laugh.

Dusty doesn't do Chapman over one inning, he's a delicate flower who needs to be handed like 50 year old Mariano Rivera.
Wonder if he's overcompensating for all the criticism levied at him for grinding the arms of Prior/Wood into dust. Is Chapman going to try to be a starter again at some point or is that door officially closed?

I'm hoping the Cards give Rosenthal a fair shake at a rotation spot next spring.

Not this year, dude.
of course not this year. But help is on the way...

Zack Wheeler will likely make his major-league debut in one of the double-header games against the Braves on June 18 in Atlanta, Sandy Alderson all but confirmed today while talking to WFAN.

“That probably has some accuracy,” Alderson said about reports of Wheeler’s potential start date.

Alderson acknowledged that Matt Harvey is also scheduled to pitch that day, though rain outs could impact one or both scheduled starts. The buzz from Citi Field suggests Wheeler will likely make his big-league debut for the Mets in Game 1 of a double-header in Atlanta next Tuesday. It will be a noteworthy day, because Matt Harvey is scheduled to start that day’s second game.
Harvey/Wheeler Day in Atlanta...

GAME ON

Wonder if he's overcompensating for all the criticism levied at him for grinding the arms of Prior/Wood into dust. Is Chapman going to try to be a starter again at some point or is that door officially closed?

I'm hoping the Cards give Rosenthal a fair shake at a rotation spot next spring.

I already said that I wouldn't follow the Reds this year if Dusty came back. Looking back, I should have stuck to this threat. lol. He has seriously cost the reds as many as 10 games already.

GAME ON
That shall be the greatest day in a loooooong time!
Also, Alderson said Duda and Tejada might not be apart of the future core. Murphy will man first with Valdespin getting a look at second.

Link

The Autumn Wind

GAME ON
The front end of the rotation has never been the problem. It doesn't even matter when the bullpen and the offense have both been hot garbage year after year. Matt Harvey has had one win in nearly two months, despite being one of the best pitchers in the game over that span. It's hard to get excited for Wheeler when we all know his starts are going to result in the same outcome.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Brandon League FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
My only wish for the Dodgers after tonight is that League blows his elbow out during his next warm up session...

Top Bottom