• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

rando14

Wedge really punting the last 3 spots in this line-up.

Why the fuck he is sitting Zunino I don't know.

Least Ackley has been starting CF in Tacoma.

hah yeah I heard they're trying to make ackley an OF down in AAA

have you been able to see him play? does he look ok in the outfield? because it looks like nick franklin is here to stay

edit: did he just say felix rodriguez, fuck fox

Macattk15

hah yeah I heard they're trying to make ackley an OF down in AAA

have you been able to see him play? does he look ok in the outfield? because it looks like nick franklin is here to stay

edit: did he just say felix rodriguez, fuck fox

I live in Connecticut so no I haven't seen em play :p

But I did read some articles where his teammates were already praising his outfield play.

The Mets purchased the contract of RHP Carlos Torres from Triple-A Las Vegas.

To make room on the active roster for Torres, the Mets sent Greg Burke to Triple-A Las Vegas.

To make room on the 40-man roster, the Mets designated RHP Collin McHugh for assignment.

According to MLB Trade Rumors, Torres had the ability to opt out of his contract this past Wednesday, and did so, according to Cotillo.

Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish said Torres has big league offers from both the Rockies and Giants, but the Mets decided to keep Torres after he opted out of his contract.

Torres is 6-3 with a 3.89 ERA in 12 starts for Las Vegas this season – he is not on the 40-man roster.
Thank God McHugh is gone, dude is a poor man's Jeremy Hefner. Carlos Torres is an interesting story, another older pitcher who looks to have "figured it out" in the minors and is trying to comeback to the majors a la RA Dickey without the knuckleball. He's been pretty good this year in AAA Las Vegas and dominant lately:
Carlos Torres continues to get accolades for his dominant week with the Las Vegas 51s. After being named the MMN Pitcher of the Week yesterday, he was also named the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week.

I’m not going to repeat all of the statistics I threw at you yesterday, but his line between two starts last week are worth repeating: 18 innings pitched, one run, five hits, no walks, and 15 strikeouts. He earned the wins in both of those appearances, which included two separate complete game efforts.

Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors reported last night Torres has an opt-out clause in his contract with the Mets, and he could exercise that right tomorrow. After spending the 2012 season in the Colorado Rockies bullpen, he signed a minor league contract with New York this past November. He’s been working exclusively in the starting rotation, and currently owns a 6-3 record with a 3.89 ERA, 67 strikeouts, and 19 walks in 71.2 innings pitched.

Macattk15

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Morales should have scored.

Saunders is garbage and then Blanco.

We're not going to score.

BLANCO HITS A GRANNY!

Wow cant believe the Stros signed Appel for over a million under slot.

Crane get your shit together and put CSN on more providers you cheap ass piece of shit.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
mysqVY0.gif

http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/?tcid=tw_share#contentId=50754414

xABoQuC.gif

http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/#contentId=50724594

jakncoke

Banned
Documentary just came to Instant Watch a bout the knuckleball going to see it sometime and report back if its worth a watch or not

RBH

The Marlins placed Miguel Olivo on the restricted list after the team refused his request to be released and he walked out on the club during Friday's game, according to the disgruntled catcher.

"I told them I wanted to be released and they wouldn't give it to me," said Olivo, who was unhappy with his diminished playing time. "I don't understand why they don't release me. I told them I wanted to be released becuase I have 30 days of not playing. I need to play."

Olivo's playing time dried up after Jeff Mathis returned from the disabled list, leaving the Marlins with three catchers on the roster. With Mathis and Rob Brantly sharing the catching duties, Olivo had stared just once since May 12.

Olivo said he has asked to be released three separate times, but his request was denied each time.

"They say we need you for pinch-hitting," Olivo said in a phone interview with the Miami Herald. "I said I've never been a pinch-hitter in my life. That's not my game."

Olivo said he once again pleaded for his release with Marlins general manager Michael Hill before Friday's game, but to no avail. Olivo said he then watched the first inning from inside the clubhouse before showering, dressing and leaving.

"I don't understand," Olivo said. "If I'm not doing nothing, I don't understand why they keep me doing nothing. Let me go. Right now they're going to make me look bad, and I'm not. I hope people understand. I just want to play baseball. They have three catchers."

Olivo can't sign with another team while on the restricted list.

"I'm just praying to God they release me and don't be selfish," he said. "I've been very professional. I've done everything I could to help the team. They're only hurting one person, and that's me. I"m a nice person. I don't want to hurt nobody."

Olivo hit .203 with four home runs in mostly part-time duty with the Marlins. The Marlins called up outfielder Jordan Brown from Triple A New Orleans to fill Olivo's spot on the 25-man roster.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish...-on-marlins-in-frustration.html#storylink=cpy

Top Bottom