• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

rando14

come back home to seattle, timmy, we'll give you 2 years/10 million and you will be an upgrade over our shit end of the rotation

Yeah, no shit. They offered him practically the same deal they offered Cain. 5 years, $100 million. They would have been stuck with him through 2016 at $20 million/year if he had taken that.
"Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good"

I imagine that thought crosses John Mozeliak's mind each time he hears about Pujols struggling in Anahiem.

verbum

Yeah, no shit. They offered him practically the same deal they offered Cain. 5 years, $100 million. They would have been stuck with him through 2016 at $20 million/year if he had taken that.

Speaking of pitching, the Braves have Maholm pitching well in rehab. Freddi talked about a 6 man rotation when Maholm returns and giving extra rest to each pitcher.
From a commenter:
6 man rotation would probably be more beneficial to the rotation in the "long haul " (rest of the season).
Wood - Rookie - 50+ innings pitched this year
Beachy - Tommy John/off a year - still working his way back
Teheran - basically still a rookie - Top 30 in the NL for innings pitched, 149
Meds - first year as a full time starter - also around 150 innings pitched

adding a 6th man would take some of the strain off the rookies and give them a bit more rest. And like has already been said, have him make a few more starts in the minors just to improve on his stuff and make sure he feels 100%, call him back Sept 1 (which is only a week from this coming Sunday) and no one has to be moved to clear a spot.
and against:
We MUST get out of the big lead in the division mentality when making these decisions. The division is won but the dodgers and pirates are right on our heels for best record. We must adopt a playoff mentality NOW and win every game we can...or else play the dodgers in a game 7 in Los Angeles. Maholm was getting knocked around before he was injured over several starts. We have a good rotation now, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

I lean toward the 6 man rotation with Maholm coming back on the 1st when the rosters expand.
I think Maholm will do well after this rest he's had.

2014 starting CF for Mets.
2013-08-19_Juan_Lagres_great_catch_in_center.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Francoeur DFA'd.

Mike Minor's next start will be skipped and Paul Maholm will start instead.

Justin Upton scratched with a back muscle strain. BJ still not in the lineup.

Dat Indie game lineup though. Between the Vita, Ps3, and Ps4 I don't need to buy them on steam anymore (unless I want to double dip).
The lineup was great but nothing that's making me rush out to buy a PS4 day one. I'll wait for The Show to buy one.

8 pitch inning. It's almost like Puig went to bat four times straight.

Any MLB-GAF getting a PS4? I'm still waiting until inFamous comes out, that'll be around the time MLB The Show hits too. It might be the first one with a solid online!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Thinking about getting a PS4, but I can hear my partner complaining about wasted time and money already and I don't know if I care enough.

Top Bottom