• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

geeko

I cringed a bit when I opened up gameday and saw that affeldt was pitching. Somehow I knew he would end the game. No biggie, we're out of the payoffs anyway. I hope the Dodgers lose in the first round and if you make it to the WS, I still wont root for you. FUCK LA!

Code:
MLB Standings going into play for September 13, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       89   59   ---   --
Rays          79   66   8.5   8
Yankees       79   68   9.5   6
Orioles       77   69   11.0  5

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        84   62   ---   --
Indians       78   68   6.0   11
Royals        77   69   7.0   10

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     85   61   ---   --
Rangers       81   64   3.5   14

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rangers       81   64  +2.0   --
Rays          79   66   ---   --
Yankees       79   68   1.0   16
Indians       78   68   1.5   16
Orioles       77   69   2.5   15
Royals        77   69   2.5   15

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       89   59   ---   --
Athletics     85   61   3.0   13
Tigers        84   62   4.0   12   

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        88   58   ---   --
Nationals     77   69   11.0  6

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     85   61   ---   --
Pirates       85   61   ---   --
Reds          83   64   2.5   14

NL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Dodgers       86   60   ---   --
Diamondbacks  73   72   12.5  5

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     85   61  +2.5   --			  
Pirates       85   61  +2.5   --
Reds          83   64   ---   --
Nationals     77   69   5.0   11
Diamondbacks  73   72   8.5   8

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        88   58   ---   --
Dodgers       86   60   2.0   14
Cardinals     85   61   3.0   13
Pirates       85   61   3.0   13

zulux21

standings]

man... I hope the rangers continue to slip, and the indians and royals stay hot and can claim both wild card spots. Not only would I love to see KC have a shot at the playoffs (they are due) it would be beyond amusing if all of the wild cards came from the central especially with how much people seem to think that it sucks every year.

I suppose I need to decide on teams to root for in the playoffs soon though... as I obviously won't be rooting for the white sox lol (they need to continue losing and the astros and miami need to get hot :p)

I would really like it if the Nationals didn't squeak in to the Wild Card game. They are on a 16-5 run after that one game where the Cubs rubbed their face into a cheese grater and beat them 11-1. Jayson Werth is playing out of his mind and they are going on their first real run of the season. They are on the type of run right now that can carry a team all the way to the World Series trophy (i.e. 2011 Cardinals).

The Braves expected outfield for the playoffs will be Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, and Evan Gattis. There's speculation Uggla and B.J. won't even make the postseason roster because Jordan Schafer and Elliot Johnson are playing so well. How fucking hilarious would that be.

alstein

The Braves expected outfield for the playoffs will be Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, and Evan Gattis. There's speculation Uggla and B.J. won't even make the postseason roster because Jordan Schafer and Elliot Johnson are playing so well. How fucking hilarious would that be.

That OF is a little scary defensively, I'd platoon Gattis and Schafer at least. I also don't want Heyward playing CF since he won't be 100%.

Braves just should extend their own guys instead of signing free agents- start with Simmons since he's the most likely guy to end up in the Hall, then Freeman, then Heyward.

BJ might turn it around next year, but Uggla's a lost cause at this point- if he doesn't have a good spring, he should be just released

ToxicAdam

Maybe I'm biased, but I don't see any team beating the Tigers. Their only 'weakness' is their bullpen and that's not even weak .. just average.

I would really like it if the Nationals didn't squeak in to the Wild Card game. They are on a 16-5 run after that one game where the Cubs rubbed their face into a cheese grater and beat them 11-1. Jayson Werth is playing out of his mind and they are going on their first real run of the season. They are on the type of run right now that can carry a team all the way to the World Series trophy (i.e. 2011 Cardinals).
How do you know if they are on a 2011 Cardinals-esque run and not a 2011 Rays-esque run?

late season momentum isn't everything: see 2006 Cardinals

3N16MA

Banned
Not just in the playoffs but turned it around once he came on. If it was most valuable rookie Puig would win in a landslide, but I think it will be really close since it is just best rookie.

Hanely's contribution seems to be getting overshadowed by Puig. He has been better than Puig since coming back.

The Astros have acquired David Paulino as the player to be named later from the Tigers to complete the Jose Veras trade on July 29.

Interesting note on the Astros: all six of their minor league teams are in their league's playoffs. Seems they have some good players coming.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm biased, but I don't see any team beating the Tigers. Their only 'weakness' is their bullpen and that's not even weak .. just average.
They have very bad defense, too. They'll basically need their starters to all go 7 and strike everyone out to win the World Series.

Love Gattis except for his left field defense. It seems like it has gotten worse, maybe because he's out there more often which goes against the motto of things getting better with experience.

Love Gattis except for his left field defense. It seems like it has gotten worse, maybe because he's out there more often which goes against the motto of things getting better with experience.

Lately, he's been providing more runs than he costs, so it's worth the trade. If anything, I'd platoon Schafer and B.J. Schafer really hasn't been the same since the leg injury.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
SimmonsMarlins1.gif.opt_.gif

zulux21

so i just came across this on yahoo a rating of the baseball teams from least likeable to most likeable. No surprise that the yankees and red sox are the two least likeable teams in baseball though some of the other choices were... interesting lol.

jakncoke

Banned
so i just came across this on yahoo a rating of the baseball teams from least likeable to most likeable. No surprise that the yankees and red sox are the two least likeable teams in baseball though some of the other choices were... interesting lol.

30. Pirates
Nope. Even if you think you hate them, you don't.

Not until next year, when they're defending their title, and they've totally become Red Sox fans. Not until next year...

Man how sweet it'd be to win the WS after 20 years drought.. but uhhh yeah idk bout that

Branduil

GAF will love this.

There's a condiment bar-shattering development in the story of Charley Marcuse, the Detroit Tigers' singing hot dog vendor who was fired last week. As Big League Stew told you on Saturday, Marcuse was fired after 15 years of sausage slinging while singing at Comerica Park, and Tiger Stadium before that.

Now, The Detroit News has dropped a bombshell report that could turn the concession industry upside down. Marcuse may have been fired because ... HE HATES KETCHUP.

The mustard-only hot dog crowd, a circle of traditionalists who would rather eat a tofu dog than one with ketchup, has a long-standing feud with ketchup tolerators. Marcuse is anti-ketchup all the way, even using the hashtag #LongLiveMustard when he tweeted to announce his firing. The Detroit News reported on Thursday:

There are rumblings the real reason was ketchup — or Marcuse’s disdain for it. Marcuse, at the ballpark and on Twitter, has been a strong crusader for only putting mustard on a frank. And some fans thought he got combative when they asked for ketchup. There were complaints filed.

Asked whether condiments actually were behind his dismissal, Marcuse was vague.
“It was general employee conduct,” he said, relaying the reason he was given. “I’ve vended the same way for the past 15 years, so there’s nothing new to any of this.”

Look, it's your right to hate ketchup, but pissing off your customers by being rude when they ask for it is kind of dumb.

Top Bottom