• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Rommel

lol how the fuck do you have all the camo pieces already

I never liked Yogi. Dude was so short and it always threw me off when I went to bat with him. Same with Aaron Judge, his box is so big

Bought the 3 packs and got 3 difference camo pieces one of them being the more expensive batting gloves. 2 of the other pieces I needed were around 1k stubs and just had to spend 20k stubs for a bat.

Rommel

Omg sterling marte and wade Boggs!!!

I done ok?

Boggs is 58k and marte is still 15k

Yaaaa, that was worth selling kimbrel....

Quit while your ahead.

I briefly had the vision of going full retard and selling both my spare Harper's and opening another 30 packs. Then I came to my senses.

Quit while your ahead.

I briefly had the vision of going full retard and selling both my spare Harper's and opening another 30 packs. Then I came to my senses.

What's the Boggs epic? I may keep him if he's better than Rizzo and all Star Goldy or buddy bell.... Well, how much better lol

The good news is I have over 10k tickets and I'm close to unlocking the ability to purchase the diamond cards they sell on there.

My lineup right now is...

Segura
Breakout griffey
97 kinsler
93 buddy bell
Reggie
Granderson
92 lucroy
Rizzo or 89 goldy

Sabathia, ubaldo, Darvish, degrom, hamels

Braun, Holliday, beltre, Blackmon usually on the bench

I could use a shortstop maybe

Rommel

What's the Boggs epic? I may keep him if he's better than Rizzo and all Star Goldy or buddy bell.... Well, how much better lol

Not sure... I'll see when I get home. But the end of it is the 1987 Breakout Boggs rated 98

My lineup right now is...

Segura
Breakout griffey
97 kinsler
93 buddy bell
Reggie
Granderson
92 lucroy
Rizzo or 89 goldy

Sabathia, ubaldo, Darvish, degrom, hamels

Braun, Holliday, beltre, Blackmon usually on the bench

I could use a shortstop maybe

You could play Beltre at 3B and move Bell to SS... Bell is a stud at SS

First epic is collect wade Boggs, lemme check reddit

Oh God, 118 hits, 51 runs and 44 RBI with the rookie card

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck that, sell that shit ASAP

Man I'm tossing and turning over what to do with my assets. God damn. I really gotta weigh if finishing three fairly worthless collections is worth it for me (Rangers/Rays/Marlins) As I've said, Bell/Kinsler is a nice combo but my current 2B/3B/SS rotation is Live Kinsler/Dozier, with Seager and my CAP. But soon it'll probably be CAP at 3B/SS, Ripken at 3B/SS, and Seager at 2B (He plays 2nd? lol) At the end of the day I'm not finishing all collections and I could put my 60k elsewhere (but to what!? as detailed below)

But 60k stubs isn't enough to get other people I want. I'm not going to get those baller packs because really, there's very few diamonds that I'd get and keep---almost every other diamond I could pull would be hustling backwards because most are under 60k now. The only diamond pulls I get that would really benefit me is Trout, Harper, Altuve, Bryant, Jansen, Sale, Syndergaard/Cespedes, and Scherzer/Strasburg/Murphy. And I probably wouldn't get any of them.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck that, sell that shit ASAP

Man I'm tossing and turning over what to do with my assets. God damn. I really gotta weigh if finishing three fairly worthless collections is worth it for me (Rangers/Rays/Marlins) As I've said, Bell/Kinsler is a nice combo but my current 2B/3B/SS rotation is Live Kinsler/Dozier, with Seager and my CAP. But soon it'll probably be CAP at 3B/SS, Ripken at 3B/SS, and Seager at 2B (He plays 2nd? lol) At the end of the day I'm not finishing all collections and I could put my 60k elsewhere (but to what!? as detailed below)

But 60k stubs isn't enough to get other people I want. I'm not going to get those baller packs because really, there's very few diamonds that I'd get and keep---almost every other diamond I could pull would be hustling backwards because most are under 60k now. The only diamond pulls I get that would really benefit me is Trout, Harper, Altuve, Bryant, Jansen, Sale, Syndergaard/Cespedes, and Scherzer/Strasburg/Murphy. And I probably wouldn't get any of them.

Gotta spend stubs to make stubs.

Come to the dark side!

/avatarquote

Gotta spend stubs to make stubs.

Come to the dark side!

/avatarquote

I mean, hey, I could get 4 packs and still have Harper left over to pursue Sale/Jansen/whatever else I need....what if I open a pack and get two Trouts.........................................

I mean, hey, I could get 4 packs and still have Harper left over to pursue Sale/Jansen/whatever else I need....what if I open a pack and get two Trouts.........................................

And what if you get Aaron Loup

Wow, someone sold a Boggs for 100k....there is a sell now for 87k......which way is the market going to go lol...

You guys are into this. I played (and should have won) two diamond dynasty online games early after this was released and had the game freeze almost when I was ahead both times. Game was shelved. Did they fix that crap?

I think I pulled a Cabrera out of one of my first packs.

And what if you get Aaron Loup

Wow, someone sold a Boggs for 100k....there is a sell now for 87k......which way is the market going to go lol...

I'm moving closer to buying 4 packs. Somebody please help me before I jump over this MLB cliff.

I'm basically justifying it by saying well the worst thing that happens is I sell off Harper, acquire Sale/Jansen/Greinke and still have 50k+ leftover (The Harper prices are faaaalling..... )

You guys are into this. I played (and should have won) two diamond dynasty online games early after this was released and had the game freeze almost when I was ahead both times. Game was shelved. Did they fix that crap?

I think I pulled a Cabrera out of one of my first packs.

For the most part, online issues taken care of. I've read here and there people still get fucked sideways from time to time, but I personally haven't had shit.

I'm on the edge

No joke I'm sitting at the screen weighing all the options

I would type it out but I've already written essays earlier on what I want to do

Basically, selling Harper is an unbelievably hard thing to do right now. It comes down to this: keep him and go for a Harper/Griffey/Dawson outfield, add Strasburg to the rotation and Daniel Murphy platoon at 2b?
Or sell Harper, get Sale and Jansen/Greinke, have 90k left over to get an elite reliever or finish collections which I've already stated I feel lukewarm about, kinsler and bell I'm not sure I'd play them

Or just sell him and keep working to trout. which ain't bad either lol

god damn it I just want to be a big baller!!!

Man, 5 doubles with Buddy Bell is proving to be a bitch. 20 attempts so far and no doubles.

I've read this is the case, I heard red rock park is a good one to do it at

I wonder why it's hard to get doubles, probably his 50 speed?

I'm about to do it

Fuck

This is my justification for saying fuck this 60k I got, I'll take a huge gamble:

1. I really don't give a damn about the Rangers. My infield will be CAP, Seager, Ripken anyways once I get diamond mission done. And what good is finishing the Rays and Marlins whose collection rewards will collect more dust than my Wii U?

2. I'm about to get Griffey. My outfield can be Griffey, McCutchen, Reggie/Cain/Granderson, so selling Harper and not getting Dawson or saving for Trout won't hurt so bad.

3. I still got Harper. I can sell him and still get Sale and still have like 110k+ leftover to get somebody else of my picking --- soon my rotation will be Kershaw, Vida, Scherzer, Sale, and a rotating cast of 5th guys (I can buy one with the leftover stubs)

4. I checked out AS Greinke's attributes, I'm not really that impressed. He'd be the 5th guy in addition the ones I listed above, but I got a feeling we'll see a better pitcher down the road (Nolan). When the hardware/all-star/postseason missions come out I think we'll see better pitchers in the ticket store. I like guys who have a high K/9, and Greinke doesn't cut it for me there. I'm also not that thrilled about paying for Thor/Strasburg as a 5th guy (Unless it leads to collection) I do need elite relievers, but I'm not sure how hot I feel about paying 70k+ for Jansen or Chapman.

5. If I buy these packs I could potentially get suuuuuper lucky and have even more stubs added, or maybe I'll get lucky and get a Trout.

Somebody talk me off this ledge please.

Aren't you getting burnt out of this game by now?

:p

And who cares, it's just a game, if you blow all your stubs on nothing you can go play another game.....like Horizon

Edit - Boggs price going back up......I have no idea when I should sell, still kinda hoping it goes back above 90k

This is my justification for saying fuck this 60k I got, I'll take a huge gamble:

1. I really don't give a damn about the Rangers. My infield will be CAP, Seager, Ripken anyways once I get diamond mission done. And what good is finishing the Rays and Marlins whose collection rewards will collect more dust than my Wii U?

2. I'm about to get Griffey. My outfield can be Griffey, McCutchen, Reggie/Cain/Granderson, so selling Harper and not getting Dawson or saving for Trout won't hurt so bad.

3. I still got Harper. I can sell him and still get Sale and still have like 110k+ leftover to get somebody else of my picking --- soon my rotation will be Kershaw, Vida, Scherzer, Sale, and a rotating cast of 5th guys (I can buy one with the leftover stubs)

4. I checked out AS Greinke's attributes, I'm not really that impressed. He'd be the 5th guy in addition the ones I listed above, but I got a feeling we'll see a better pitcher down the road (Nolan). When the hardware/all-star/postseason missions come out I think we'll see better pitchers in the ticket store. I like guys who have a high K/9, and Greinke doesn't cut it for me there. I'm also not that thrilled about paying for Thor/Strasburg as a 5th guy (Unless it leads to collection) I do need elite relievers, but I'm not sure how hot I feel about paying 70k+ for Jansen or Chapman.

5. If I buy these packs I could potentially get suuuuuper lucky and have even more stubs added, or maybe I'll get lucky and get a Trout.

Somebody talk me off this ledge please.

Just a videogame. Opening packs is part of the game. If you didn't spend real money on these stubs then you really are not losing anything.

I'm getting burnt out thinking about what I want to do.

If I get dick out of these 4 packs I'm going to be so pissed. But again, I guess where was that 60k going to go? I'm still going to get some good shit anyways.

I wish I could just have a Sale drop into my lap lol. It would make things so easy..........

Just a videogame. Opening packs is part of the game. If you didn't spend real money on these stubs then you really are not losing anything.

Not on the stubs I have now, but I spent a bit a few weeks ago and I will never do it again...

I'm going to get something to eat and then my decision will be made. Stay tuned lol

Here the fuck goes nothing

Pack 1 - Three Commons, Stanton, Correa, Sano (damn)
Pack 2 - Five Bronzes and a Silver :(
Pack 3 - Four bronzes, common, silver :(
Pack 4 - Three bronzes, two silvers, common :(

Fuck :(

I'm selling all 3 golds I got to get one last pack. Fuck it, I am all in

Here the fuck goes nothing

Pack 1 - Three Commons, Stanton, Correa, Sano (damn)

GOod luck

People really need to learn how the market works, Boggs was back up to 80k and people are undercutting way too much and it's down to 60k in 5 minutes......be patient people

It looks like I made the worst decision ever. 5 packs and nothing to show but a broken heart.

But it could be worse. I still have Bryce Harper and Corey Seager that I can sell if someone better comes along that I like. Ripken, Vida, and Jr. are on the way. All is good.

Fuck :(

Entered a ranked game and I was still so broken that I gave up 5 runs in the first inning lol

Fuck those 5 doubles. Finally got it done. Good ole Twins stadium during the day always lets me hit good. Pitch black batters eye. Has to be day.

I'm playing like garbage tonight

FYI - Kang is no longer part of the Pirates collection so Marte and Cole are the only golds needed......I heard diamond Cutch is pretty good?

I'm really content with this lineup. If I were to stop getting diamond players, I could live with fielding this squad every day. Also picked up Archer. His stats are pretty good.

DA1QD_zU0AALONi

FYI - Kang is no longer part of the Pirates collection so Marte and Cole are the only golds needed......I heard diamond Cutch is pretty good?

Cutch is fantastic. I kind of wish he was faster, but he hits well for me and has never made an error in the outfield.

I'm really content with this lineup. If I were to stop getting diamond players, I could live with fielding this squad every day. Also picked up Archer. His stats are pretty good.

That is a very nice lineup and there's going to be help on the way in those ticket stores. How does Buddy Bell hit? If it's hard to get doubles with him I imagine him to be more of a singles hitter with the occasional homer...

Top Bottom