• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

when is a good time to build the custom character in diamond dynasty? is that something you should be feeding cards/equipment, or is something for when you have tons of stubs? like, i have no idea what it would take to get him to 90+ overall

Rommel

Been grinding BR. Half way there... I would go up 5 and 0 and then proceed to lose 2 of the next three. Repeat that 5 times

when is a good time to build the custom character in diamond dynasty? is that something you should be feeding cards/equipment, or is something for when you have tons of stubs? like, i have no idea what it would take to get him to 90+ overall

feed them duplicate crappy cards. feed them duplicate equipments.

Don't feed them good cards, especially considering they are needed for missions/collections and epics.

pip77

Whew. Just got done with 15 inning DD game. Won it by a walk off single. At one point I was down 4-0 in the 3rd inning. Game ended 9-8.

It has been a good 6hrs for me in DD. In one game I turned a triple play and hit a walf-off HR in another.

Question for you, how do you approach pitching to players online?
Against good players the key is to throw strikes that they don't want to hit. Mix up locations but don't be afraid to change shit up once in a while, so you don't unconsciously develop a pattern.

Sooooo I can't hit for shit off Breakout Hershiser. Wtf

Took an L so I had to do another. My next game, this dude's team had everybody and I mean everybody. He had prime griffey and brought Ted Williams off the bench, somehow didn't have Pepe or pujols or chipper? Either way I made him quit :D

Rommel

I can't break past 8 wins on Battle Royale... I really do enjoy that mode because drafting teams is my drug (along with pack opening), but its time to take a break now that I hit 50 wins and knock out 20 more ranked wins.

My last BR game I through a 4 IP perfect game with Sonny Gray. One of those games that for the first 3 innings everything I hit solid was right at someone. Finally corked one with Bichette in the top of the 4th. Had Gossage in the pen but decided to see if I could perfect game it up.

Br gets tough as hell man especially once you hit 6. they make sure you play other people who are deep into it

Bryce has started slumping for me now that it's ranked, although I blame me more. Still going to hold on and hope his price sky rockets or I get lucky enough to get the rest of the Nats

Rommel

Brought out my death star squad last night for Ranked games. I almost feel bad...

C - Berra
1B - Hardware Miggy
2B - Altuve
SS - Hardware Ripken
3B - Brett
LF - All-Star Ted
CF - Dawson
RF - All-Star Lofton

SP - Blue
SP - Kershaw
SP - Hardware Jenkins
SP - All-Star Feller
SP - Ryan

I lost that game that would have put me into the WS and I havnt been the same since. Been doing absolutely horrible and also recieving the most bull shit I have ever seen from the game. So many CPU controlled stuff screwing me. So sick of it. I have never raged quit but I paused to do it and just breathed and continued on.

Same, I keep hovering around the 800-830 range. Can't hit for shit recently and can't hit Orel Hershiser, ever. WTF

down to 804 :(

Just played someone who quit after I hit my first homer in my first AB. He was in CS, but it took him down below. huh??

Rommel

How do you like Fergie

Against a pretty stacked team I did 7IP with 9k's and 1 ER. Very easy to spot his pitches and his fork is a ground ball inducing machine.

He had Hershiser and he is tough to hit, was only able to put up 3 runs against him, but it was also one of those games where my solid contact was dying 3 feet in front of the fence for most the game.

I may sell Harper for him then once I get Griffey. I'm actually very happy with how McCutchen plays and hits so I don't feel a thirst for Trout or Dawson cards.

the game is fucking me over right now :( my dudes won't pick up weak shit around them, just run around it and then my first basemen let weak ass grounders go by like they're fucking matadors

I need to get chapman and britton. Perkins is pure trash he's got to go.

Rommel

I may sell Harper for him then once I get Griffey. I'm actually very happy with how McCutchen plays and hits so I don't feel a thirst for Trout or Dawson cards.

the game is fucking me over right now :( my dudes won't pick up weak shit around them, just run around it and then my first basemen let weak ass grounders go by like they're fucking matadors

I need to get chapman and britton. Perkins is pure trash he's got to go.

Haven't used Britton all that much but Chapman is one of my top firemen. First out of the pen if I have to get a lefty out. Miller comes out if I need a couple innings. And Jensen is there to close the deal. I'd like one more lockdown RHP in my bullpen, F-Rod is good but a bit HR prone for my liking. Might invest in Gossage, I seemed to pitch well with him in BR.

sh1fty

One of those games that for the first 3 innings everything I hit solid was right at someone.

This sounds like almost every vs. CPU game I play haha.. I had to take Giancarlo Stanton completely off my roster because I just couldn't hit with the dude. Every single hit (no matter the swing timing or pitch location) was a hard ground ball directly at someone.

I have been absolutely raking with Charlie Blackmon, Freddie Freeman, Nelson Cruz and Gary Sanchez though :)

I struggle against Breakout Hershiser also. Decided to spend tickets on him. I'm 0-2 with a 16.48 ERA so far. I'll go 10 games to see if I can make it work.

Had a 4-2 lead, it's bottom 9 with 2 outs then Seager decides to let the winning pop fly hit him in the fucking face. Next ab I get my opponent to 2 strike and he launches a high inside fastball over the wall. Against who? Glen Perkins!

I would quicksell his bitch ass if I could do that to collections. Still worthless as a lefty matchup

Now I'm back at 803 with 3 left for Griffey.

Rommel

Had my first poor game with Jenkins. 5 IP and 4 earned runs, allowed 2 HR's to the guys CAP.

I was down 5-2 going into the 7th against hardware Keuchel and managed to load the bases for Dawson. One swing later it was 6-5 and he ended up conceding in the bottom of the 8th when the score was 11-5.

It was like a switch went off and all my solid hits started going long instead of dying at the track.

Just lost to a WC team. Down to 777.

I fucking suck. Let me have my Griffey and move on :(

Also, I got a Brian Dozier in the post game rewards. I was in shock. Sold him and bought 8 packs. Of course I got nothing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just lost to a WC team. Down to 777.

I fucking suck. Let me have my Griffey and move on :(

Also, I got a Brian Dozier in the post game rewards. I was in shock. Sold him and bought 8 packs. Of course I got nothing.

Yeah I am totally done cracking packs at this point. Its for suckers. Just upgrading my team through epics. I get my daily log in pack tomorrow, totally gonna get Trout then.

Rommel

Guy I just played was in the All-Star League with a rating of 400 something... I was at 560 with a +210 rating mod. Dude got screwed in that match up.

I should just keep asking about selling Harper. Because every time I do he goes nuts and is my MVP on offense

Just one more win to Griffey, back up to 824. Will continue tonight!

F6C67F2D-87C3-45EF-A108-A3C9B689D07D_zpserqp1ern.jpg

32F4AC15-70D9-4C56-BDD5-B1F7FE4279AA_zpss8hlqyip.jpg

Sitting at 843 with help on the way!

As one could predict I didn't get shit from any of the 8 program packs.

Also, can your CAP go above a 99 in its attributes? Don't know if I should sell or keep cleats. 100+ contact and power?!

40IP with Drabek away from Cutch :)

Up to 50k stubs after finishing the my career singles and dynasty pitcher wins......must not spend it all on packs lol

What should I do with it!

Rangers, Brewers, Phillies, A's, Pirates collections already done

Should I bother with the Twins, Padres, Cardinals, Rays, Braves or Twins

Buy Britton or Lester or Scherzer? Hmmmmm......Strasburg maybe?

Invest it all in someone crazy?

40IP with Drabek away from Cutch :)

Up to 50k stubs after finishing the my career singles and dynasty pitcher wins......must not spend it all on packs lol

What should I do with it!

Rangers, Brewers, Phillies, A's, Pirates collections already done

Should I bother with the Twins, Padres, Cardinals, Rays, Braves or Twins

Buy Britton or Lester or Scherzer? Hmmmmm......Strasburg maybe?

Invest it all in someone crazy?

Glen Perkins fucking sucks, don't bother with Twins

Cardinals is a really good one to do

Cruz program done to unlock Lou Brock

Might be a while before I get Vida Blue

I really wish battle royale wins weren't part of the Griffey program =/

Cruz program done to unlock Lou Brock

Might be a while before I get Vida Blue

I really wish battle royale wins weren't part of the Griffey program =/

I can see how the BR stuff would be amazingly annoying. Thankfully, ALL I did at the beginning was BR, so I knocked out some of those annoying missions (8 homers in 8 games, BR itself, etc)

Also, Vida Blue's debut inning...resulted in giving up a pair of 2 run bombs on balls I pitched low and away and out of the zone. fuck

Vida actually did well rest of the game, but I can't get dick. I should stop playing when I'm quadruple tasking.....

sh1fty

Completing the Braves collection is probably not worth it. It gets you Freddie Freeman, which is actually a better card than the Team Epic Fred McGriff, he's also a Left-Handed 1B, so pretty redundant. I really like Freeman though.

Cardinals is probably the best value, only 1 gold (Carpenter) to collect and it nets you 94 Cepeda with the Team Epic.

Well, fuck, I'm officially back at the same old dilemma.

I've realized that Bryce Harper is my favorite batter, even more than my CAP.

But holy fuck, my bullpen is total ass. I trust literally nobody in there. I don't have any live ones, and my top 3 rated are Axford/Soria/Perkins. I hate Perkins, Axford/Soria are meh and I can live with them. But I'd rather have Betances/Chapman/Jansen/Britton instead of the revolving door of silver IE guys.

I can basically trade Harper in for those guys, and my bullpen would be pretty complete. I'm sure they'll release more throwbacks later who can replace my current trio.

My OF is pretty stacked, but damn, Harper comes through so often for me, yet he is my only asset that I can fork over to round out my team...fuck!

sh1fty

But holy fuck, my bullpen is total ass. I trust literally nobody in there. I don't have any live ones, and my top 3 rated are Axford/Soria/Perkins. I hate Perkins, Axford/Soria are meh and I can live with them. But I'd rather have Betances/Chapman/Jansen/Britton instead of the revolving door of silver IE guys.

I can basically trade Harper in for those guys, and my bullpen would be pretty complete. I'm sure they'll release more throwbacks later who can replace my current trio.

My OF is pretty stacked, but damn, Harper comes through so often for me, yet he is my only asset that I can fork over to round out my team...fuck!

If you're going to continue to play alot of online, it's probably worth it to sell Harper and get all 4 of those guys... but if you're not going to play much online I'd stick with Harper and just have fun. Dude is one of my favourite players and one of the only diamonds (maybe Cano too) that'd I'd 100% keep if I pulled him.

If you're going to continue to play alot of online, it's probably worth it to sell Harper and get all 4 of those guys... but if you're not going to play much online I'd stick with Harper and just have fun. Dude is one of my favourite players and one of the only diamonds (maybe Cano too) that'd I'd 100% keep if I pulled him.

TBH I hate playing online, lol, I do it out of necessity so I can get to WS and make bank. I would rather just play friends. I only do this shit so I can build a crazy ass team. But nobody I know plays this shit anymore so at this point it's about fulfilling my completion itch...

Plus, I always quit playing this game heavily once it's August/September, it gets old for me, SDS stops caring, and by the the newer sports games are out and I'm over it.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm thinking you are increasing your intensity with Harper because you want to be absolutely sure it's the right thing to do in selling him. In turn, your production is just through the roof. You have 99 Griffey and your pen needs help. It's time to let him walk into free agency.

I'm thinking you are increasing your intensity with Harper because you want to be absolutely sure it's the right thing to do in selling him. In turn, your production is just through the roof. You have 99 Griffey and your pen needs help. It's time to let him walk into free agency.

You know what's really the killer? It's that he's great against lefties too. So many situations where people bring out a lefty and it didn't matter. Shit's going over the wall anyways. He has singlehandedly won me several games.

I'll keep observing the Harper market, it's gone back up in the last few days. We had fools out here selling him for 180k last week. Today or tomorrow I should be able to sell him for 230k before MLB tax (so a little over 200k) but wow, having him in my lineup made the decision incredibly difficult. You could tell me it's 99 Ted Williams and I'd believe you.

Finished the Reds collection because I'm a Reds fan. Currently trying to get my favorite player growing up, Barry Larkin. Wish it was like a All-Star or Hardware version with better stats against RHP.

Finished the Reds collection because I'm a Reds fan. Currently trying to get my favorite player growing up, Barry Larkin. Wish it was like a All-Star or Hardware version with better stats against RHP.

Oh you know DAMN well they're releasing a version of that at some point. I know you gotta finish that collection but I'm almost certain 1995 hardware larkin is on its way

I took Harper out of the lineup and replaced him with McCutchen, so my OF is currently McCutchen/CAP/Griffey

Got to condition myself for life without my MVP :(

Oh you know DAMN well they're releasing a version of that at some point. I know you gotta finish that collection but I'm almost certain 1995 hardware larkin is on its way

It would be a dream to be able to assemble the 75-76 Big Red Machine.

Instead of Pepe Alazar, they should have made Reggie Stocker equivalent of Pete Rose.

Rommel

Likely a new set dropping in about an hour and a half. Guess who is a sucker and will likely open 100 packs in it?

Likely a new set dropping in about an hour and a half. Guess who is a sucker and will likely open 100 packs in it?

on a Wednesday?

Just put Bryce on the market. Highest order was 230, lowest was 225. So I made my 229999 lol.

I'll get 207k if that goes through, and I have some missions on the way that will get me an extra 50k. So I should be sitting at potentially 250-260k once I complete these.

Top Bottom