• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Next seasons rewards. Gotta get WS!

DCN8QXcVYAA0IMF

Foto purchase/redeem in the in game store. It's there.

Got my WS rewards, pulled Yoenis and sold for 50k.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm about to get Wade Davis :(

Is now the best time to sell whatever diamond we got or wait?

Motherfuck I got 85 Jim Johnson in my pack

hm mine still hasn't shown up in redeem or my inventory

Windup

Neo Member
What's the learning curve in this game like as someone that's never really played a baseball sim before? Thinking about picking it up as it's on sale. Also how bad are the microtransactions in Diamond Dynasty? Is it playable without spending real money on packs?

Damn I still haven't gotten mine. Whatever, I'll check when I get back tonight.

Those Gwynns aren't going for much but I'm guessing a whole lot of people are just undercutting each other trying to get their sale in.

What's the learning curve in this game like as someone that's never really played a baseball sim before? Thinking about picking it up as it's on sale. Also how bad are the microtransactions in Diamond Dynasty? Is it playable without spending real money on packs?

Pretty steep learning curve if you choose to play online.

Microtransactions are terrible. You can play without spending money, but it'll take you quite a while to build up a team to play in the very highest ranks.

Only cards I really want cost over 100k. About to buy a 50 pack.
Get that Trout

I think I'm about to find myself in the same situation...

Also, is the climb back to CS hard? I remember getting to CS wasn't but from CS to WS is harder. I didn't play at all season 1 but it felt like I shot up very quickly. Thinking I should shoot for WS as quickly as I can.

Rommel

Want to finish the April POTM and geez Judge is pricey... If my diamond is a decent price then I'll be able to buy him. Getting Correa wiped out a bunch of my reserves.

Rommel

Looks like some people are getting rewards based on where they finished and now their highest... reddit has a couple that got CS rewards when WS was the highest for them. Ouch...

Pulled my pack and got Posey for my diamond and Hudson Street for my E3 pack. Not bad.

Looks like some people are getting rewards based on where they finished and now their highest... reddit has a couple that got CS rewards when WS was the highest for them. Ouch...

Pulled my pack and got Posey for my diamond and Hudson Street for my E3 pack. Not bad.

I'm going to check soon this fucking better not be me
Yall got as good a diamond pull as you could get

Looking forward to my Keuchel 😔

Wow thank god I didn't play another game after I hit WS. Looks like the ones getting fucked are those who sunk after getting their season high

Rommel

I'm going to check soon this fucking better not be me
Yall got as good a diamond pull as you could get

Looking forward to my Keuchel ��

I was hoping for Thor or Goldy, but I struck a happy medium between them and Davis.

Makes me really glad I decided to hold off my Finley grind until the new season. Whew

edit: I think I'll wait until the next roster update to sell him. Price is already tanking some due to people selling their rewards. I can wait to buy POTM Judge.

I currently have 36k. Murphy will get me a little over 20. Gwynn...who knows.

Best case scenario I probably get 60-70k for Gwynn when things settle, worse case I get about 50.

Either way, 110-130k in stubs...won't finish the Cubs, Nationals, and don't care about Mets because I'd play Cabrera at 3B over Wright if I get back.

I think yall know where this is going.....

I still need to get better 4th/5th starters, need me 1-2 bullpen pieces, but I'm mostly fine on offense. I guess Lucroy could be upgraded, but I like Cepeda enough at first and my CAP is at SS and I still have Seager at third and Kinsler at 2nd.

Hmmmm

I quick sold him. Not reliable enough for me. My 5 starters have been going deep into games now. Ever since they raised Scherzers velocity, I have been pretty dominant with him. Sale and Perez are untouchable. Strausburg is nasty and my biggest surprise has been 93 Lance McCullers from the ticket store. 40 innings with a 1.86 ERA and a 0.86 WHIP.

beanman25

I got my corrected pack from the season. For division series.

Got Dozier, which is who I got last month in the WC pack. And I had already locked on in at that point.

Loving the extra 1000 tickets though for this whole mess up.

Nolan Ryan jumps back up to 90k, last order to go until the price can jump big time and ppl start driving it back down to 80..... Booo

Wait a minute, people got 2 packs? I want my mistake pack too, yeesh SDS

This is my current pitching/bullpen setup:

Starters:
Kershaw (Trust)
Sale (Trust)
Blue (Trust)
Ryan (Eh)
Scherzer/Greinke (Warm up bullpen by inning 3)

Bullpen:
Jansen (Trust)
Betances (Trust)
IV Wagner (Eh)
K-Rod (Blown Save)
Who Cares (Chapman?)
Who Cares (Gossage?)
Who Cares

I feel like I don't have options...but it sounds like I do? What would you guys do in my position. I think I mentioned earlier, I got 38k in stubs right now, and still have Gwynn and that Daniel Murphy. Somewhat close to other missions too. So if I just hold on and let everything happen, I might have about 120-130k. Also I plan on doing events starting tomorrow so I guess we can 50k from Cano. hmmm...

I know yall mentioned some of the more budget diamonds, but damn I just want to be a high roller...lol
Y'Know, this Niekro card looks reaaaaal interesting...goes for 74-87 right now

Rommel

Finally finished the assists... IV Hanley is mine.

Also got enough wins for Cano in events and I'm 5 event wins away from Griffey. Tomorrow will be a sweet day.

I didn't get dick ��

I'll have time to figure out what to do. Need to start ripping through events though

Really thinking about emailing them about this. This shit ain't fair!

Well, this past Sunday was the due date for my little guy so they are going to induce the labor tomorrow at 8 AM so my days of playing 5 games in a day are over.

Top Bottom