• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I got to WS. I almost cried when I finished my 2nd win of the night and ended up with 899. Next game I was able to do it and get that sweet Tony. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now just 35 event games over the next 10 days (they extended it by another week) and I'll be done with Griffey and the Dynasty program. Woo
Nice!!

It does feel GREAT

I got to WS. I almost cried when I finished my 2nd win of the night and ended up with 899. Next game I was able to do it and get that sweet Tony. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now just 35 event games over the next 10 days (they extended it by another week) and I'll be done with Griffey and the Dynasty program. Woo

Congrats to you also!

Lots of people trying to bunt cheese/rundown cheese in runs from 3rd tonight =/ Good thing it's pretty easy to counter it this year

Rommel what's your bullpen for this event?

I want to do these but like I said, my team's overall was 80 if my lineup was filled with bronze and common

If they extended it a week I may as well pursue my 100 event wins now...

Also, I have Yankees Andrew Miller at the moment. Are there a shit ton of these out there? Could probably make 35-40k doing this, but I'm wondering if his value could possibly get higher. Since I'm done with ranked, and have Gwynn/Fister/Diamond on the way, I figured I'd sell Miller off and have a good time opening a pair of 20 packs from the new sets today, since I already have veteran Billy Wagner and will probably get Chapman or Britton next instead (Probably Chapman so I finish NYY)

Thinking of selling Betances too...could probably fetch 55-60k for him and then buy him back next week when all the 90-93 diamonds are given out. But I need to make sure I don't blow my load now lol

Scraped together 10k in stubs before work today for any new content dropping today. New packs, Player of the Month cards and new stuff in the ticket counter is expected.

I think I may sell my live Keuchel for some of these cheaper bullpen arms. Try to blast events and get it done with, then sell them back

He might go diamond but at this point I'm not sure he'd be worth a ton anwyays...

Rommel

I think I may sell my live Keuchel for some of these cheaper bullpen arms. Try to blast events and get it done with, then sell them back

He might go diamond but at this point I'm not sure he'd be worth a ton anwyays...

You've probably hit close to peak price already. So many are invested in him that he will likely have a mini crash once he hits diamond.

My bullpen for the event off the top of my head is

Morris
Perry
Fingers
Medelin
94 F-Rod
Rookie Wagner
Gossage

Ahhhh damn, that Perry is what's making the difference. I didn't complete the Giants so I don't have him.

What I'm planning on doing is I'm going to wait for the update, then try to sell Keuchel as quickly as I can. If he turns diamond IDGAF because he'll probably be a cheaper diamond, and if I ever get Altuve, getting Keuchel isn't going to be really hard work especially since he just hit the DL so he won't be getting higher.

Hopefully the ticket store has a few flashback relievers that I can pick up cheap, if not I'll use that Keuchel stub money to get Rookie Wagner, Rookie Rollie, BO Farquhar, V Sutter, BO Boxberger, and use Axford/K-Rod as my last two, or whoever comes up in ticket store. Then I'll blast my way to 50, never touch events again, and sell those worthless cards.

Rommel

Ahhhh damn, that Perry is what's making the difference. I didn't complete the Giants so I don't have him.

What I'm planning on doing is I'm going to wait for the update, then try to sell Keuchel as quickly as I can. If he turns diamond IDGAF because he'll probably be a cheaper diamond, and if I ever get Altuve, getting Keuchel isn't going to be really hard work especially since he just hit the DL so he won't be getting higher.

Hopefully the ticket store has a few flashback relievers that I can pick up cheap, if not I'll use that Keuchel stub money to get Rookie Wagner, Rookie Rollie, BO Farquhar, V Sutter, BO Boxberger, and use Axford/K-Rod as my last two, or whoever comes up in ticket store. Then I'll blast my way to 50, never touch events again, and sell those worthless cards.

I believe they will be putting a flashback reliever in the ticket store today. I thought I saw something about that in the forums.

Perry is easy to get, you only need to get 15 giants to make that happen. I'm sure that can be done for less that 1k stubs ;)

I should have that Perry then...

Somehow I missed that Perry when I was going through my list. It was like two cards away from Jack Morris.

We get a free gold Tyler Clippard in our Time Limited missions or Event Missions today.

DB1pPMYUAAEVxdA

Not understanding why this dumb shit event keeps telling me I don't have enough players to generate a lineup

Like, I have a 25 man team constructed of these flashbacks only . Huh!?!?

Went up against a bronze level 32 guy with 7 diamonds in his lineup, and then he had diamond kluber and 2 diamond relievers come in.

I barely lost, but it's gross.

Are you trying to use 2 of the same player but different cards?

Yeah, but I should still have 7 unique ones

Rookie Perry
Rookie Morris
AS Miller
Rookie/Veteran Wagner
BO Axford
AS Soria
AS Rodriguez

Went up against a bronze level 32 guy with 7 diamonds in his lineup, and then he had diamond kluber and 2 diamond relievers come in.

I barely lost, but it's gross.

Yep that's a paid for team lol

I definitely dropped some money, but I put in the time and I grind. Too much time.....

Shit wasn't working, so I put that Yanks Miller on the market, I'll probably just get Clippard and some other trash they release in the ticket store. I need these 40k stubs for these hot new packs that are about to drop.

Or if the players in them are meh, I'll probably just save up my 40k. With Gwynn coming next week, and a free diamond, I could be in position to make another big move. About to finish the first mission of plate appearances and still have Keuchel so that's about 26k to add on top.

Rommel

Yeah, but I should still have 7 unique ones

Rookie Perry
Rookie Morris
AS Miller
Rookie/Veteran Wagner
BO Axford
AS Soria
AS Rodriguez

Yep that's a paid for team lol

I definitely dropped some money, but I put in the time and I grind. Too much time.....

Shit wasn't working, so I put that Yanks Miller on the market, I'll probably just get Clippard and some other trash they release in the ticket store. I need these 40k stubs for these hot new packs that are about to drop.

Or if the players in them are meh, I'll probably just save up my 40k. With Gwynn coming next week, and a free diamond, I could be in position to make another big move. About to finish the first mission of plate appearances and still have Keuchel so that's about 26k to add on top.

There seemed to be a bug where you needed 8 relievers to be accepted into events. Might need to grab Fingers... at least he is no longer 8k like he was yesterday

Rommel

This weekend is about grinding out the 35 event wins I need. I'll be rolling with rookie Boggs to get the last 40 hits and 15 runs. I'm hitting .350 with the guy with 15 bombs with half his play being online.

I want some bomb ass pitching or a 2b or 3b stud on the ticket counter today please.

lol exactly what I'm waiting for

Diamond reward please..........

Also, I've read it'll take a while before Judge has any chance of going diamond. I wonder if I should sell what I got now or wait...if he were to go diamond, god damn would the patience would be rewarded. But by the time he does, not sure how much my team could be upgraded more than it already is.

Sounds like the servers are a total disaster right now, and it's going to be even worse after these updates and people buy the game because of the sale

The dude who I beat to get into WS has been messaging back and forth with me, he told me the game disconnected him twice as he got closer to the WS. Yiiiiiiiiiiiikes

So far it looks like Devinski and Harris went gold, Keuchel went diamond...

I got 5 Devinskis and 4 Harris, some Dodgers went gold too. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit time to cash in

I might have sold my Grandals prematurely. Fuck

Set 6 - veteran Paul Molitor and AS Dave Winfield

You need to finish the marlins to get program Hanley? Laaaame

Herrera and carpenter went silver.... Guess it's time to get cepeda and Cain lol

Arrieta and Lester went gold. Hello Fergie!

I have a bunch of Rendons, Zimmermans, Devenskis, and Harrises. Woooooooo

Should've sold my Judges apparently...

Rommel

Got Justin Bour before my PS4 melted down. I think it is officially dead now. Been iffy for a couple months now with random crashes and not starting up unless I force power off for 15 seconds and restarting. Oh well the excuse I needed to run to best buy this afternoon and pickup a Pro.

sh1fty

Nice Roster Update.. Both Greinke and Keuchel went diamond and I have both (not planning to sell, I just wanted to have diamonds on my roster).

Cardinals and Royals collections just got cheaper and I was holding off on both of those. This will offset the Gerrit Cole I paid for last week, who is now a Silver.

That Hanley Program looks fairly doable too.. I actually just completed the Marlins Team Epic this morning so I have the HW 88 Hanley. Collecting 50 hitters and getting all those stats with IV guys will be interesting.

Does anybody ever actually make it to retirement in RTTS, even without playing a ton of games? I try to play pretty much every game, so I typically burn out before I'm even eligible for free agency. My goal is to make it at least that far this time around, but that seems like an onerous task.

Related - any good sim strategies for RTTS to make sure stats are somewhat reasonable/on par with what I put up when I play? Play 1, sim 5 or something like that?

Wow, I have enough scrub Dodgers to easily feed for Hanley

I wish I had kept that Stanton I pulled lol, whatever, I can just overpay for the Marlins if I ever finish the program

Sold my Rendons/Devinskis/Harris/Zimmerman to get 16 more packs
SDS please

:(

Well at least I got Tony Gwynn and another diamond on the way...............

I just got fucked in this BR game

He had a guy on first with one out. Hits a blooper to right field, so he's got a man on first and second. I throw to third to secure the end of the play

For whatever reason, he keeps going with both his guys. Kris Bryant was waiting at third as if he's going to tag the guy. And then he slides into base and DOESN'T GET TAGGED!

then next batter comes and gets a hit, I'm suddenly down 2-1 in the top of the 3rd

I'm not playing this shit till Wednesday. at all. 67 packs of shit. a bunch of shit happening in games. fuck

Pulled a Matt Carpenter silver, guess I'm getting a new 1B lol

REALLY?!? There is a new bronze going for a ton right now lol

Make that a bronze and a common going for over 2k and 1.6k respectively =/

Top Bottom