• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB World Series 2015 |OT| Disrupting the time continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe this is revenge for fox calling the alcs game 6 early

CSx258cUAAQUxF_.jpg:large

The Greg Abbott curse has returned

jman2050

Kinda make you take a guy like him for granted. Crazy how automatic he was. He wasn't perfect--Diamondbacks and Red Sox, but man was he on point.

Don't forget Cleveland.

Mariano Rivera is the greatest postseason closer ever and even he blew the 2001 World Series. It happens, it's baseball.

I'm sure most pitchers expect their defense to not play like total shit behind them too.

3N16MA

Banned
Mariano Rivera is the greatest postseason closer ever and even he blew the 2001 World Series. It happens, it's baseball.

I'm sure most pitchers expect their defense to not play like total shit behind them too.

Only he already had a great postseason record at that point. It wasn't like he blew a save in his first time out there.

Choomp

Banned
Don't forget Cleveland.

I think the best part about him is that's he's fucked up that bad and still proved the be the best reliever in history. 2001 was all on him, still the GOAT

Man, Lucas Duda is terrible. Hosmer was 4 steps out with a throw that didn't resemble a Little League right fielder's..

Even if D'arnold caught that in his chest I highly doubt he gets that tag in time still. If it was close to where the slide was executed than yes since he would have less area to cover. Still should have been a better throw to give your catcher a change at a play

zulux21

Man, Lucas Duda is terrible. Hosmer was 4 steps out with a throw that didn't resemble a Little League right fielder's..

if he took his time hosmer would have been safe as he is pretty fast.
it's why it wasn't ruled an error.

Hosmer challenged him, and he wasn't up for the challenge.

Schattenjäger;183828449 said:
No .. Some of guys still have playoff jitters

Errors happen all the time, regular season or playoff. I have a hard time believing that "playoff jitters" are a thing, especially for vets like Murphy or Duda.

entremet

Don't forget Cleveland.

Oh yes. I think I forgot that series since I was so upset. Freaking Omar Vizquel and Manny in his prime. Too damn good.

jman2050

I love how managers still don't bring out their closers on the road in tie games, as if pitching in a tie game is easier than pitching with a lead.

It's the dumbest thing that has no justification, especially in the playoffs.

Schattenjäger;183829037 said:
Vets that have never been in a World Series let alone playoffs

But they've played baseball, a lot, which is what they are doing. Stuff like "playoff experience" just feels like needing a way to explain away the fact that a guy made an error, because in baseball sometimes guys make errors, whether it's during the regular season, spring training or even in the World Series.

He is public enemy number one in The War On Fun In Sports.

No bat flips
No touchdown celebrations
Joe Buck's lifeless announcing
Etc.

Sports = serious business is the worst

No touchdown celebrations is a common complaint thing?

Eh, I've hated hearing Buck forever. And it has nothing to do with team you root for either, example the Mets haven't even been in the playoffs for a while and I still can't stand him in the inbetween years. Even when you have no one in a competition that you're rooting for he's terrible.

entremet

Just win tonight Mets, that's all I ask. Not expecting to win series, just win tonight though.

Yeah. Same. Not a Mets fan, but i'm rooting for them. I always hate when teams win title games on the road.

It's a heartbreaker for the home fans.

Kintaco

What's more fun to watch, home team winning the series and seeing the fans celebrate or away team winning the series and seeing the heartbroken fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom