• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Speaking of which - I don't know if it was his shorts or what but did Hunt look a lot chubbier than the last time he was in the Octagon?

Yea mark clearly gave no fucks about his weight.

156469_10150687967491791_241688606790_9798384_615970241_n.jpg

:/

maybe one day.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. GSP was only cutting 20 pounds for the Josh fight to make up for the difference. He said he is down to low 180's now. Jon fucking brags (on twitter) about starting higher than 225 and getting down to 205 in a few weeks.

GSP was in the low 190s against Shields. Percentage wise, that is a bigger cut than Jones has ever done but I agree that Jones could be reasonably called a big LHW now. I was kind of stuck on when he was cutting from 215-20ish in 2011 but towered over his opponents due to his weight saving chicken legs.

GSP was apparently 188 against Conduit. That's medium
-large
for a WW. Jones is a big LHW, Machida is a small one. So is Rashad. Aldo is a big FW. If Anderson was a big MW who only won because of his size he might have been able to stop the double leg without holding onto Chael's shorts.

I like looking into fighter's fight weights (walk around being almost irrelevant), but I don't like how the numbers get used to somehow discredit them or make excuses. Mostly I use the info to think about bypothetical catchweight fights or changes in weight class. Outside of freakshows like Couture/Lesnar or Wanderlei/Hunt, fans complaining about weight is almost always agenda driven. At any given (weigh in) weight one guy might be bigger and stronger, smaller and stronger, taller and longer, shorter and denser, lighter and faster, whatever. Every aspect of the sport involves tradeoffs, it's no use complaining about them, nor is it of any purpose to turn a blind eye to them.

Agenda driven you don't say? You mean guys that can't accept GSP beating the ever loving shit out of BJ so bad his brother feared for his life and threw in the towel?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which - I don't know if it was his shorts or what but did Hunt look a lot chubbier than the last time he was in the Octagon?

He was doing a lot of strongman training and said it kept his weight up. You kind of have to eat a fair bit for that to happen, but if he couldn't do much cardio coming off an injury then it's a bit more understandable. He seemed to hate weight cutting though so maybe it will motivate him to lose enough fat to come in under 265.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have it under good authority that MMA practitioner Evilore doesn't take kindly to reactionary fanboy OTs.

FACE

Banned
This shit was settled weeks ago when vio-friend said he was making the 158 OT. Boogie's yesterday's news, he doesn't have any power in here.

Heel

The truth is the forum game is constantly evolving. Honestly I think Boogie would struggle against today's members. I mean, who did he ever actually debate? Sinatar? He was exposed by the new generation who have been training all facets of forum posting since childhood.

FACE

Banned
Boogie called the right to make the GSP/Diaz thread over a year ago.

Boogie was going to make the 137 thread, but he bitched out when the card fell apart. That ain't how a man acts. I presume that even if we end up with a Ring x Camozzi ME Vio-friend will still make an OT.

Then surely you will support GSP, the greatest of all time

Saying GSP is a fighter is like saying I'm a professional runner because I occasionally have to run to catch my bus.

Boogie

No respect for your history in here.

Y'all have the balls to pull "yesterday's news" out of one side of your mouth, while chanting "PRIDE NEVER DIE!" out of the other?

Fucking shameful, I tells ya.

The truth is the forum game is constantly evolving. Honestly I think Boogie would struggle against today's members. I mean, who did he ever actually debate? Sinatar? He was exposed by the new generation who have been training all facets of forum posting since childhood.

Yeah but he posts with way more heart than all these new joes.

Well he does keep MMA judges in business.

Cecil Peoples gotta eat!

TheNatural

My Member!

Y'all have the balls to pull "yesterday's news" out of one side of your mouth, while chanting "PRIDE NEVER DIE!" out of the other?

Agreed. Unless they meant crushing cans in Japan never dies, then yes, yesterday was just like PRIDE.

alr1ght

I don't know how wanting guys to stand n bang and reading the novels of a gsp fanboy would be in any way comparable.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Share the OT. Yaco writes a profile for Champion GSP, Boogie writes one for Challenger Diaz. It would be interesting to see which has more scorn for their subject and/or praise for their opponent.

Vio-Lence

Banned

What's shameful is you coming around once every 16 months thinking the community owes him something. Truth of the matter is you abandoned the thread. Post your OT at the Bore, nobody gives a fuck. Boogie is as relevant in today's game as Oleg Taktarov or Tank Abbot.

Heel

Not comparable brah. You're not banging with young bucks, you're wheeling yourself out once a year like Antonio Inoki and expecting applause.

Regular contributor Vio-Lence, the OT is yours.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What's shameful is you coming around once every 16 months thinking the community owes him something. Truth of the matter is you abandoned the thread. Post your OT at the Bore, nobody gives a fuck. Boogie is as relevant in today's game as Oleg Taktarov or Tank Abbot.

iDRjs0uefLzdm.gif

FACE

Banned

Not comparable brah. You're not banging with young bucks, you're wheeling yourself out once a year like Antonio Inoki and expecting applause.

Regular contributor Vio-Lence, the OT is yours.

800px-Ether-%28general%29.png

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
How very King Solomon-like.

I just think it would be funnier. It would also better illuminate the nuanced debate over which facet of MMA is more entertaining for the rash and judgemental rabble that is UFC-GAF.

Heel

I just think it would be funnier. It would also better illuminate the nuanced debate over which facet of MMA is more entertaining for the rash and judgemental rabble that is UFC-GAF.

lol that'd be great.

The unbiased A More Normal Bird should post the OT and let Vio-Lence and Boogie send him a PM with their contributions.

tumblr_m2y3xmXhFT1qm09tc.gif

Now to agree on a title...

TheNatural

My Member!

training-day-o.gif

alr1ght

0428_f0rfb.gif

(we use this gif all the time in the MMA thread, which certain people wouldn't know)

Heel

What's "The Bore"?

am nintenho, MrAngryFace, Exodust SoulBurn, D3RANG3D, Boogie, The Business, CajoleJuice, Diunx, Oblivion, bachikarn, Cormacaroni, Great Rumbler, mjemirzian, MyNameIsMethodis (+ 2 Hidden) and 13 Guests are viewing this board.

Oh.

alr1ght

How did yacolence go from 100% of the thread to 50%?

He gets 100% unless he agrees to give up half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom