• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Newscorp is going to take shots at the espn/disney throne and are restructuring/rebranding and making a network to directly compete with espn. Speed TV will become FOX SPORTS 1, Fuel tv will become FOX SPORTS 2, they're also launching FX Movies and I don't know what happens to regular FX.

More info: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/s...-can-challenge-espn.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Two more channels airing Ultimate that I don't get. Thank you Uncle Dana.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I dont think the east coast even gets Fuel. Why not just do all their free shit on FX and keep it there.
Why you can get Fuel TV as part of the Choice Extra package with DirecTV. Featuring over 205 channels, you'll get complete regional sports network coverage in your area as well. You get more bang for your buck since it's only $5 more than Choice, which has 150+ channels but no Fuel.

/former directv salesman

TheNatural

My Member!
Why you can get Fuel TV as part of the Choice Extra package with DirecTV. Featuring over 205 channels, you'll get complete regional sports network coverage in your area as well.

/former directv salesman

What about bad weather though?

Seriously, I wonder what the line is when someone asks about that.

bone_and_sinew

What about bad weather though?

Seriously, I wonder what the line is when someone asks about that.
Why I live in Miami and have been a customer myself for 8 years and let me tell you something, when (insert name of last Hurricane/tropical storm) was hammering us, I only lost signal for a few seconds before it stabilized. I had Directv through hurricane force winds and rain! Directv has launched more satellites in the past few years to ensure signal stability at all times.

/directv salesman

In reality, it's unpredictable as hell because weather is variable as fuck. Sometimes the signal goes to shit if I merely spit in the dish's general direction or a light drizzle, sometimes it only goes out for a minute during a mean-ass storm and comes back fine.

bone_and_sinew

Salesman bullshit aside, if you're a sports fan Directv is really the best. I have all my MMA needs covered (except WSOF since I don't have CBS SPORTS on my current grandfathered package), all my NBA and NFL needs covered. Soccer is pricey but I still get a ton of CL and Europa league games on my current package.

Yaco-Lence - how bad is that storm in the Chicago area? We're getting it where I live tomorrow. Already planning to potentially not be at work tomorrow.

Salesman bullshit aside, if you're a sports fan Directv is really the best. I have all my MMA needs covered (except WSOF since I don't have CBS SPORTS on my current grandfathered package), all my NBA and NFL needs covered. Soccer is pricey but I still get a ton of CL and Europa league games on my current package.

Hmm I like the sounds of this. UFC and soccer coverage is all I need really. Comcast just raised the rates yet again where I live. I swear every quarter they add about $5 in new charges for no good reason.

...6'1" George Roop is fighting at 135 lbs. next weekend? lol

Dayumn. He's gonna get Cory Hill'd

Vio-Lence

Banned
Yaco-Lence - how bad is that storm in the Chicago area? We're getting it where I live tomorrow. Already planning to potentially not be at work tomorrow.

It's been snowing nonstop since like 8:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. As far as accumulation its not that bad so far, but its really wet and slick outside. Its supposed to snow all day til around midnight, so i suspect anywhere between 5"-10" when its all said and done.

I've had direct tv for 2 years now at my new place, and only had issues once with not getting a signal due to bad weather. usually its rock solid.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why you can get Fuel TV as part of the Choice Extra package with DirecTV. Featuring over 205 channels, you'll get complete regional sports network coverage in your area as well. You get more bang for your buck since it's only $5 more than Choice, which has 150+ channels but no Fuel.

/former directv salesman

I looked into it. They dont have lines for fiber internet in my neighborhood LOL. Its 2013 and I live in one of the 'choice' neighborhoods because it so close to Manhattan and verizon doesnt even have fiber lines here. Failtacular.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I hate all the major providers anyway. I've used the services of all of them and they all suck a fat one. Fios is nowhere good as advertised. Road Runner is nowhere as good as advertised and Comcast sends you threats if they see you downloaded more than 2 gigs of anything in a month. When google sets up shop here im totally giving them my money.

bone_and_sinew

I hate all the major providers anyway. I've used the services of all of them and they all suck a fat one. Fios is nowhere good as advertised. Road Runner is nowhere as good as advertised and Comcast sends you threats if they see you downloaded more than 2 gigs of anything in a month. When google sets up shop here im totally giving them my money.
Yeah I need an internet solution. I despise AT&T with every fiber of my being and I'm scared of jumping to Comcrap because of all the horror stories. I don't even get FiOS in my area.

Heel

"How I Got The Shot"

Cool piece from the photographer behind the lense of the Hunt vs. Struve knockout photos.

Once I did switch over to the wide angle, I was able to catch this gem of Struve telling Herb Dean his jaw was broken.

VsoL7Zf.jpg

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

1GB Internet connection here.

TheNatural

My Member!
Mir trolling for dat payday return. On Lesnar.:

"He flexed and I said, 'Man, you see how big his back is?' To see a guy who's six-four and that thick, and long muscles on top of that, athletically moving, I was impressed. It's funny how things hit you. I was like, 'I know why he got the tattoo! It was to take everybody's mind off the fact that he has boobs.' You know they kind of hang, when he jumps, they bounce up and down. So I thought, 'Oh, it's a diversion. Look at my dumb tattoo so you can keep your mind off my very feminine chest muscles.'"

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/5/40...lesnar-dumb-tattoo-feminine-chest-muscles-mma

TheNatural

My Member!
Two more channels airing Ultimate that I don't get. Thank you Uncle Dana.

And oh, welcome to the "That's fucking illegal" club, because as it turns out the fights on Fox Sports 1?

Yeah. They're just taking them from FX:

The re-branded channels include the reported removal of all sports programming from FX. The channel is currently the home for The Ultimate Fighter.

Fox Sports 1 will become the home of premier Major League Baseball, NASCAR, college football, UFC, soccer and other sports programming, while Fox Sports 2 will be the next tier down for less popular or ancillary programming.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fox-remove-sports-fx-brand-215426704--mma.html

Welp no more UFC on basic cable. Pay up fools.

Heel

False alarm on weekly Wednesday cards.

@richarddeitsch - Spoke to @danawhite for clarity on UFC fights on Fox Sports 1. They'll be 12 fight nights on Wednesdays from Aug 17 thru TBA date in 2014. So no UFC fights every Wed on Fox Sports 1 but cards on various Wednesdays starting Aug. 17 at channel launch.

TheNatural

My Member!
False alarm on weekly Wednesday cards.

@richarddeitsch - Spoke to @danawhite for clarity on UFC fights on Fox Sports 1. They'll be 12 fight nights on Wednesdays from Aug 17 thru TBA date in 2014. So no UFC fights every Wed on Fox Sports 1 but cards on various Wednesdays starting Aug. 17 at channel launch.

So basically moving what was scheduled as FX Saturday cards to the channel with some new cards.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Aww yea friends. Today was the first day I officially puked my guts out after lifting since I got back on the horse. It was a good day.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I've never done that lifting but after cardio... ugh.

I find being sick hits cardio way more than it does lifting. Lifting when getting over the flu, drop the weights and press on. Farmer's walks when getting over the flu, puking on the roadside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom