• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

LOL.

Bunch of senior citizens deciding whats best for everyone in their state that is legal everywhere else. Fuck politicians.

A senator just quoted UFC bantamweight champion Nick Denis.

lol senators are about to explain their votes. This is gonna be great.

Heel

So is MMA legal now or what has to happen next?

It has passed the senate several times in previous years. The holdup has been getting it to come to a vote on the assembly floor. If it passes there, it goes to the governor to be signed into law.

Sheldon Silver, quit politrickin' playboy.

Heel

2012 vote: 42-18
2013 vote: 47-14

I don't see how this doesn't pass in the Assembly if it comes to a vote. Silver, don't be scared homie!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
but UnfitForChildren.org

culinary union all up in this bitch

0095_rgp1d.gif

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
"What's next...THE ROMAN COLOSSEUM? WILL THAT SATISFY THE THIRST? I VOTE NO."

lol

If he would have beheaded someone at that point and bellowed "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?", I'd vote for him for POTUS.

Heel

All UFC programming will air on Fox, Fox Sports 1, and PPV

Eric Shanks said:
" ... This is one of the final major levers to pull, because now everything is finally in one place. Dana and Lorenzo have been saying for a long time that fans, honestly, in that first year were a bit confused. Some of it was on Fuel, some was on FX and some was on Fox. This is really that last lever to pull, and it puts everything in one place. It's going to be huge going forward, starting off Aug. 17, and we're kicking off with a prime-time fight that night." White would not discuss whether the announcement applies to the reality series "The Ultimate Fighter," saying, "We're not ready to talk about that yet." "TUF" is currently in its second season on FX.

We still have plenty of info to decipher over the coming months, but here's just a brief recap of what we know or what's been reported:

SPEED will become Fox Sports 1. Fuel TV will become Fox Sports 2.

All UFC programming will be on either Fox, FS1, or PPV.

Fox Sports 1 will be the primary home for UFC programming, including Fuel TV staples such as UFC Tonight, Unleashed, Countdown, Primetime, older events, etc.

Live FS1 fight cards will air primarily on Wednesdays and run from 8 PM ET - 11 PM ET. The first event is August 17th on Saturday. It will NOT be a weekly feature.

Fox will still broadcast 4 live UFC events per year.

All preliminary card specials for Fox and PPVs will be on FS1. No word yet on how the preliminary card of Fox Sports 1 shows will be broadcast.

Great news. The math basically confirms that the number of cards that were airing on FX + Fuel equals the 12 scheduled for FOX Sports 1.

Heel

It's a lot simpler, that's for sure. It's too bad this isn't a basic cable network though.

I ain't even mad. Went from no FUEL TV at all to Fox Sports 1 in HD.

Here's the landscape for MMA:

FX - 98 million homes
Spike - 98 million homes
SPEED (FOX Sports 1) - 86 million homes
FUEL (FOX Sports 2) - 26 million homes
AXS - 38 million

You have to figure that with the kind of channel they're putting together that FOX Sports 1 will be moving into more homes. I wonder what the hell they're going to do with FOX Sports 2 now, haha.

TheNatural

My Member!
I ain't even mad. Went from no FUEL TV at all to Fox Sports 1 in HD.

Here's the landscape for MMA:

FX - 98 million homes
Spike - 98 million homes
SPEED (FOX Sports 1) - 86 million homes
FUEL (FOX Sports 2) - 26 million homes
AXS - 38 million

You have to figure that with the kind of channel they're putting together that FOX Sports 1 will be moving into more homes. I wonder what the hell they're going to do with FOX Sports 2 now, haha.

WTF? SPEED was in more households than Fuel?

I have no idea how these tiers work. I didn't think redneck television had that kind of following though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

I have no idea how these tiers work. I didn't think redneck television had that kind of following though.
On our flow chart for sales, we were required to ask prospective customers what their favorite tv channels were. SPEED often got mentioned alongside the formerly documentary now trash tv channels like A&E, Nat Geo, TLC, etc...I never knew how popular SPEED was until that job.

Heel

lol maybe it's different on DirecTV etc., but here on Comcast it's always been a low-tier channel that lingers around. If you get ESPN you get SPEED.

31 - SPEED
32 - ESPN
33 - ESPN 2

The press release actually says they'll be in 90 million homes at launch.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'll admit, I got sucked into that one. Theres a 26 year old guy on there who claims he's constantly being "stalked" by horny 14 year-old girls who want to seduce him.

Seriously.

I would say let the man dream but I think in case that's an irresponsible and potentially criminally negligent course of action.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
here we go!

#RallyForMarkHunt Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Assuming they don't postpone the fight like Overeem apparently wants, this has got to be their only option. Fans want it more than any other high profile matchup for Hunt, it'll most likely be a stand-up war and if Hunt loses they don't have to worry about putting him in a title fight. The only downside is the risk of JDS getting beat and derailing that lucrative rubber match with Cain.

Honestly if we end up with something like JDS/Nelson II I just won't know what to think anymore.

FACE

Banned
Assuming they don't postpone the fight like Overeem apparently wants, this has got to be their only option. Fans want it more than any other high profile matchup for Hunt, it'll most likely be a stand-up war and if Hunt loses they don't have to worry about putting him in a title fight. The only downside is the risk of JDS getting beat and derailing that lucrative rubber match with Cain.

Honestly if we end up with something like JDS/Nelson II I just won't know what to think anymore.

Fuck what Overeem wants, feed JDS to Hunto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom