• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lets make it happen

https://twitter.com/allalr1ght/status/309472448515026944

BEt3jWICMAAfUvV.jpg

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck what Overeem wants, feed JDS to Hunto.

I agree. I also think Overeem would probably be happy to have a more surefire win under his belt before fighting someone like JDS, confidence being one of his best weapons and all.

J2C can utilize his reach properly unlike Gumby Struve. But maybe we'll see the top secret J2C BJJ, because subbing Hunto is like taking candy from a baby.

JDS only has a 3" reach advantage over Hunt. He's never fought someone that can match him in the pocket and his in-and-out fencing style striking defence is gonna get him got against Hunt's deceptively quick leaping hooks. He's also less proven on the ground. Junior's gonna get exposed.

Only slightly joking here

This white boy in TUF thought this shit was a hugging competition. Holy shit, he didn't throw one strike in the first round...he just kept holding on...

TheNatural

My Member!
I love a good videogame clusterfuck. You guys should see the meltdowns over Sim City not working because of it's always online DRM.

K3KFAI3.jpg

Shit if this happens in the new UFC game and you're using GSP, you'll never be able to get through 25 minutes

Zeliard

@StefanStruve Since I won't be able to take the fight n @markhunt1974 really wants it, I say give him the fight w Junior, deserves it! #rallyformarkhunt

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

TheNatural

My Member!
Tim Kennedy is such a shitty fighter and a stupid person on top of it. Any time he's being interviewed he's always a dick. I hope Hodger subs him.

@TimKennedyRFA

MMA debate currently going down on the NY Senate floor.

http://www.nysenate.gov/live

Apparently someone dropped "human cockfighting" in 2013 lol.

Uhh that drives me crazy every time I hear it. Cock fighting = two helpless, innocent animals being forced to maim or kill each other against their will; mma = two humans who choose to fight each other because they have no employable skills.

FYI if you get the Speed channel on your cable package, then that is Fox Sports 1.

Sweet! I get that channel. I'm not sure if I get in HD though but still .. better than sitting at my computer watching shitty streams in a 3x3 box on my monitor.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I think I'm going to train MT in Thailand for a few months. Currently researching the logistics of it. I've done lots of BJJ but haven't ever done any striking training; imagine it will be a cool experience building up from scratch over there. Maybe get a fight or two scheduled before I leave if I don't suck too badly. Doubt my knees will hold up to all the running but I'll try to work through it, get rid of some of the kinks this month in preparation.

This is gonna be interesting...

FACE

Banned
I think I'm going to train MT in Thailand for a few months. Currently researching the logistics of it. I've done lots of BJJ but haven't ever done any striking training; imagine it will be a cool experience building up from scratch over there. Maybe get a fight or two scheduled before I leave if I don't suck too badly. Doubt my knees will hold up to all the running but I'll try to work through it, get rid of some of the kinks this month in preparation.

Hope you like puking.

Edit: Don't do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb3vipElPQ4

Might wanna talk to industrian. I think he's training at a MT gym in Thailand right now. He might be able to help you figure your plans out.

caesar

Banned

What gym?

ShaneB

Whats the deal with fights in hockey anyway?

Sigh. It depresses me knowing I love hockey but the players are complete morons. What's even more depressing is knowing that MMA is safer than hockey. I want fighting gone from hockey, not to mention the awful hits and cheapshots these guys take at each other and are extremely close to killing each other.

He executed his plan pretty much perfectly. Can't hate on that

Yup. Good to see Jimmy "Employable Skills" Quinlan win, and he won with a damn rnc.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I trained at SuWit Muay Thai in Phuket for a month last year. It's right around the corner from Tiger Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. Very cheap (less than US$500 to live & train there full time for a month, and the accommodation is good) and the trainers are hardcore as fuck. Not to mention the general location, living standard and everything is relaxed and welcoming.

They have their own stadium as well where they host weekly fights that - if you wanted to - you can choose to take part in. You have to train for a full month if you do that. If not, you get in free to watch the fights if you're training there.

The place is ghetto as fuck but in a good way: nothing shiny, fancy or pretentious to lure in foreigners. You train just like the Thais do. And it's awesome.

I imagine Industrian fucking dwarfs everyone in the gym. Well, all but Tong Po of course...

I actually started training again on Tuesday for the first time since January (which was the first time I trained since May.) Outside of jacking my right foot pretty bad, I found I enjoy clinching a lot more due to losing a shitload of weight last year.

I clinched with a guy who was about 5'2", it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I trained at SuWit Muay Thai in Phuket for a month last year. It's right around the corner from Tiger Muay Thai and Phuket Top Team. Very cheap (less than US$500 to live & train there full time for a month, and the accommodation is good) and the trainers are hardcore as fuck. Not to mention the general location, living standard and everything is relaxed and welcoming.

They have their own stadium as well where they host weekly fights that - if you wanted to - you can choose to take part in. You have to train for a full month if you do that. If not, you get in free to watch the fights if you're training there.

The place is ghetto as fuck but in a good way: nothing shiny, fancy or pretentious to lure in foreigners. You train just like the Thais do. And it's awesome.

Nice! How was getting around Phuket? My only concern is all the people dying on the motor scooter rentals each year, which seems a lot more dangerous than fighting in the stadium, as it were, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom