• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

I'm thinking the same. Hendricks is looking past him and I think Conduit is the superior fighter anyway.

It's a little mind-boggling how many people are looking past Conduit. The dude has a far better resume, is a formidable striker, has proven his heart, and came rather close to finishing GSP.

I just don't understand how Hendricks can be considered the favorite in this.

It's a little mind-boggling how many people are looking past Conduit. The dude has a far better resume, is a formidable striker, has proven his heart, and came rather close to finishing GSP.

I just don't understand how Hendricks can be considered the favorite in this.

Hendricks has strong wrestling and incredible KO power. Obviously Condit has KO power as well and is great a great striker but he hasn't shown his striking prowess in a very long time. If he fights the way he's been fought in his last couple of matches.. then he could end up getting KO'd.

Takuan

Hendricks has strong wrestling and incredible KO power. Obviously Condit has KO power as well and is great a great striker but he hasn't shown his striking prowess in a very long time. If he fights the way he's been fought in his last couple of matches.. then he could end up getting KO'd.

I've never seen Hendricks actually put his wrestling skills on display, but everyone vouches for his abilities so I'll take your word for it. Condit has struggled with wrestlers in the past (Young Rory, GSP) and it stands to reason that Hendricks could beat him on the ground.

As for Conduit's fighting style of late... he's been more careful in his few fights, so I don't see how that could increase his chances of eating a Jr H-bomb. He should be able to pick Hendricks apart in the stand-up, and I feel like Hendricks is more likely to want to stand because he's in love with the knock-out; that'll be his undoing.

muddream

Banned
Hendricks looks pretty forgettable whenever he doesn't knock his opponent out in the first minute. I don't think he'll look good in Condit's guard and he should be getting outclassed on the feet. The more pointless challengers get derailed, the sooner K-1 Maia puts his arms around Georges' slippery neck ;o

DKehoe

I've never seen Hendricks actually put his wrestling skills on display, but everyone vouches for his abilities so I'll take your word for it.

Hendricks' wrestling seems like Hendo's: should be far better considering his credentials.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I fast-forwarded to after the knockout and post fight fallout. I don't like watching guys that are illegitimately sad or shaken. I have a heart, I could sympathize with Canister.

I've never seen Hendricks actually put his wrestling skills on display, but everyone vouches for his abilities so I'll take your word for it. Condit has struggled with wrestlers in the past (Young Rory, GSP) and it stands to reason that Hendricks could beat him on the ground.

As for Conduit's fighting style of late... he's been more careful in his few fights, so I don't see how that could increase his chances of eating a Jr H-bomb. He should be able to pick Hendricks apart in the stand-up, and I feel like Hendricks is more likely to want to stand because he's in love with the knock-out; that'll be his undoing.

Hendricks isn't Diaz. He'll be a lot more aggressive in trying to get his strikes to land. Whether or not that leads to him getting a KO or getting picked apart even worse than Diaz, we'll see. But the risk is definitely there for Condit to get knocked out as long as they're standing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hendricks looks pretty forgettable whenever he doesn't knock his opponent out in the first minute. I don't think he'll look good in Condit's guard and he should be getting outclassed on the feet. The more pointless challengers get derailed, the sooner K-1 Maia puts his arms around Georges' slippery neck ;o

Do people actually want to see Georges/Maia? It would be a repeat of GSP/Shields 1st two rounds or Weidman/Maia. I'll pass on that one.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
The rumor is Mark Hunt didn't actually turn down the fight but asked for more money. Allegedly only making $6k/$6k from the Ultimate so I can't blame him.

That 6&6 figure is made up, as Hunt has never actually fought in a jurisdiction that releases purse info during his time in the Ultimate (Indiana, Australia, Japanx2, Colorado). He was on his PRIDE contract until recently but who knows if it included briefcase or brown paper bag stipulations.

Hendricks isn't Diaz. He'll be a lot more aggressive in trying to get his strikes to land. Whether or not that leads to him getting a KO or getting picked apart even worse than Diaz, we'll see. But the risk is definitely there for Condit to get knocked out as long as they're standing.

Johnny doesn't set up combos and has shit foot work. He just tries to land that big left of his. The Josh Kos comparisons aren't exactly people joking. Carlos has really good head movement and the ability to outwork whomever he is standing with.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Nick Diaz setting himself up to be the company's top Heel. Smarks can't tell if Nick's interviews are scripted or shoots. Chael is on notice.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That home depot scene was gold. Why the fuck would you get an mma fighter to do an autograph signing at home depot?

Johnny doesn't set up combos and has shit foot work. He just tries to land that big left of his. The Josh Kos comparisons aren't exactly people joking. Carlos has really good head movement and the ability to outwork whomever he is standing with.

Which is why I intentionally went either way with it in my post. He'll definitely be more aggressive than Diaz was which gives him the opportunity to land. He sure isn't going to have much chance if he stands there and lets Condit engage and back off at will.

That home depot scene was gold. Why the fuck would you get an mma fighter to do an autograph signing at home depot?
ASM_logo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom