• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
OwJShM6.jpg

Tryouts for UFC Indonesia, apparently.

I wonder when the show will take place. Jakarta is a five hour flight from Taipei, and I'd be interested in going if there's a half decent card in place.

muddream

Banned
Do people actually want to see Georges/Maia? It would be a repeat of GSP/Shields 1st two rounds or Weidman/Maia. I'll pass on that one.

A few things spring to mind:

- Shields was almost robbed against GSP despite showcasing the speed of Bigfoot with the athleticism of McKenzie and the striking of Shields.
- Maia is significantly better than Shields at everything and has looked unstoppable since moving to WW (fact). Shields would've lost to Kampmann had Dana not paid him off (debatable).
- Weidman might dethrone the GOAT(!) and fought Maia at the low-point of his unfortunate scrapper phase, doesn't count.
- Unlike Jake Shields, Maia is actually good at closing distance, clinch takedowns and submissions. GSP can't purely rely on his athleticism to defend trips like with singles and doubles.
CIGXuRR.gif

Rory is the only WW with a solid shot at taking out GSP, but Maia is the 2nd most compelling matchup.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
- Shields was almost robbed against GSP despite showcasing the speed of Bigfoot with the athleticism of McKenzie and the striking of Shields.

I love this sentence but I don't think the bolded is true in any world my mind can conjure.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Hunt and Bigfoot Silva wins would be amazing.

The future implications would be hilarious. Can't wait for when Hunto finds that un-missable chin and takes the strap at UFC 170: "The Island Showdown" - Easter Island vs Samoa.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just bought Tomb Raider on a recommendation from friend Pauly. This better be good.

A few things spring to mind:

iBfXobfyNUdT7.gif

Stopped reading.

I'm bummed at the very real possibility of JDS losing 2 in a row but really hyped for Hunto.

And yeah Hunto could easily beat Bigfoot so if Bigfoot somehow pulled out a win we could have Hunto as a UFC Champ.

industrian

I'm bummed at the very real possibility of JDS losing 2 in a row but really hyped for Hunto.

And yeah Hunto could easily beat Bigfoot so if Bigfoot somehow pulled out a win we could have Hunto as a UFC Champ.

Mark Hunt as UFC champion would be the most ridiculous shit ever considering his record going into the UFC. But yeah, JDS' striking is probably too high level for him. Cain would just 50-45 Hunt.

I wonder what will happen with Overeem now. Maybe he'll get the winner of Nelson/Kongo, or maybe Struve once his jaw is patched up.

I could still see the winner of JDS/Hunt fighting Overeem and Werdum getting the next title shot if he beats Big Nog.

industrian

Don't be quick to call that. Hunt is similar to the belly, except he has even better striking. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands a overhand on JDS.

One of the main appeals in JDS vs. Overeem is the boxing vs. kickboxing styles. I actually see that being more prominent with this matchup, considering that Hunt is a lot more sturdy than the Reem.

But the odds are on JDS winning by 29-28.

Don't count Hunto out vs JDS. Unless JDS decides to channel his inner Fitch this time, he normally likes to stand and bang which will play right into Hunto's hand. I could easily see Hunto KOing JDS just as easily as I could see JDS KOing Hunto.

Don't count Hunto out vs JDS. Unless JDS decides to channel his inner Fitch this time, he normally likes to stand and bang which will play right into Hunto's hand. I could easily see Hunto KOing JDS just as easily as I could see JDS KOing Hunto.

Don't jinx the match man. Last time we had two HW's that should have stood and banged we got Blanket Schuab vs. Laydown Johnson.

industrian

Maybe Carwin against Reem?

If Carwin fights again it will be purely in a supporting role, simply as he cannot be relied on to remain injury-free to do anything more substantial. Fighting the Reem is too high profile, considering the risk he would lay those bowling ball fists of his on Reem's chin and all.

TheNatural

My Member!
The dirtiest player in the game, 48 year old Bernard Hopkins, fights tonight. He's going to take Don King down once and for all with his 31 year old King fighter.

industrian

I'm pretty sure that there's a channel on TV here playing 24/7 puroresu. Every time I check it, there's always a match playing.

Then again a few channels away is their pro-gaming channel that shows Starcraft 2, CS: Online and a cheap looking Mario Kart clone near-constantly.

Takes a penny #GSPsDarkPlace

Bigfoot vs. Hunt for the HW title at UFC's 20th Anniversary event would set the world on fire.

Make a NYE card with Bigfoot vs Hunt for the HW strap and round out the card with some Pride/Dream and Asian dudes and make it like a classic Dream event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom