• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

lol @ GSP nodding quietly to Nick shitting on stalling fight styles, and then knuckling up for the stare down like he's about that life.

Too good.

TheNatural

My Member!
You morons don't know what lay and pray is.

scott-hall-shrug-o.gif

You morons don't know what lay and pray is.

When you stay in half guard, running out the clock in top control without the intention to submit your opponent and the strikes you're landing on the ground are obviously lacking in the intention to finish your opponent or do any damage whatsoever, I call that LnP.
lol @ GSP nodding quietly to Nick shitting on stalling fight styles, and then knuckling up for the stare down like he's about that life.

Too good.
wolf-ticket.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
MONTREAL – The man who the UFC once tried to pay not to fight may soon find himself competing for the promotion's heavyweight title.

Following today's UFC 158 pre-event presser in Montreal, UFC President Dana White told a group of reporters that should Mark Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) score a knockout win over former champ Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) at May's UFC 160 event, "The Super Samoan" would likely earn himself a UFC title shot.

"How is this guy not next in line?" White asked.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...ot-with-ufc-160-knockout-of-junior-dos-santos

lol Nick is openly shitting on the UFC in this presser, saying they don't do enough drug testing and that they sell wolf tickets.

I bet Dana is loving him right about now.

Uh oh ...

"I think [at UFC 143] I tested for a metabolite or a nanogram, it was hardly [a trace] so I just did a little more than I did last time so, sorry if I don't pass the test, but I think it should work out. I've passed plenty of them before, unless they just weren't testing me. I wonder how much they test people around here (glancing at St. Pierre)." - Diaz

@arielhelwani
Dana says if Nick tested positive for marijuana again they would probably have to cut him.

TheNatural

My Member!
Uh oh ...

"I think [at UFC 143] I tested for a metabolite or a nanogram, it was hardly [a trace] so I just did a little more than I did last time so, sorry if I don't pass the test, but I think it should work out. I've passed plenty of them before, unless they just weren't testing me. I wonder how much they test people around here (glancing at St. Pierre)." - Diaz

@arielhelwani
Dana says if Nick tested positive for marijuana again they would probably have to cut him.

Yeah no shit. He already got a year suspension, if he tests positive again, isn't it like two years suspension? He'll have bigger problems than just the UFC, he won't be able to fight in the States. He'll be fighting overseas.

Heel

One of the press guys got pretty close to the truth. Nick not showing up to an open workout was a bigger story than him actually being there.

A mark journalist from Fighters Only actually thinks they'll cut Nick if he loses to GSP because of missed press obligations. Are people really that dense? As a spectacle and a draw he's worth the aggravation, and I'm sure Dana knows that.

One of the press guys got pretty close to the truth. Nick not showing up to an open workout was a bigger story than him actually being there.

A mark journalist from Fighters Only actually thinks they'll cut Nick if he loses to GSP because of missed press obligations. Are people really that dense? As a spectacle and a draw he's worth the aggravation, and I'm sure Dana knows that.

Yeah if he was John Fitch that would be true. Nick Diaz isn't getting cut for that though.

TheNatural

My Member!
Think this should bump the thread in the OT?

Dana tells Sirius XM, “Before you even think about (Fox) fighting in the UFC, he was a man and now he’s a woman. He’s fighting girls who have losing records. Before you get too crazy about him being in the UFC, he’s so freaking far from being in the UFC that it’s not even funny.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-on...eed:+bjpenndotcom+(BJPENN.COM+MMA+NEWS+BLOGS)

The PC brigade would have a field day over semantics for Dana saying "him."

Tim and Sid ‏@timandsid

Well, THAT just happened. @nickdiaz209 just told us he believes that GSP is "on plenty of steroids" and the @UFC won't do anything about it.

I just turned on the radio, they are still talking about it

Boogie

When you stay in half guard, running out the clock in top control without the intention to submit your opponent and the strikes you're landing on the ground are obviously lacking in the intention to finish your opponent or do any damage whatsoever, I call that LnP.

Please.

You're seriously calling the Condit fight a Lay 'n Pray performance? Really?

Really?

Okay, let's check off previous opponents, then.

Shields? 25 minute standup fight

Kos? 25 minute standup fight

Hardy? Sure, not a lot of GnP in this one, but GSP was hunting for subs for much of the fight.

Alves? I recall this being a pretty active fight, GnP-wise.

Penn? 20 minute curbstomping, standing and on the ground.

Fitch? 25 minute curbstomping.

How all y'all haters get "GSP is a LnPer" out of all that is quite beyond my capacity for understanding.

Hardy fight became a LnP performance when GSP's estrogen kicked in and he didn't want to snap a limb to get the finish. You do your argument a disservice even mentioning that fight.

tumblr_m9ywsrtgP31rp0ev7o1_1280.jpg

Never forget.

How do you think Travis Browne's knee "mysteriously" blew out and Overeem all of a sudden couldn't defend for shit? Papa just missed his flight for the first Cain fight is all. Won't happen twice. And then Mark Hunt gets a title shot vs. Bigfoot.

oh poly poly, UFC could show a replay of Cain vs Silva I, end result gonna be the same, Cain gonna mount that boy and snap into an 8 out of 10 Muta Scale bleeding.

The Fitch fight is the exception to the rule. GSP isn't a LnPer every time he goes out to fight, but these days he definitely is one of the guys who wins by avoiding the fight, as Diaz so articulately put it in today's presser.

TheNatural

My Member!
Tim and Sid ‏@timandsid

Well, THAT just happened. @nickdiaz209 just told us he believes that GSP is "on plenty of steroids" and the @UFC won't do anything about it.

I just turned on the radio, they are still talking about it

I think Diaz is out of job no matter what if he loses Saturday, because he's going to implode somehow.

Boogie

Hardy fight became a LnP performance when GSP's estrogen kicked in and he didn't want to snap a limb to get the finish. You do your argument a disservice even mentioning that fight.

That's exactly why I mentioned it. You see, I actually acknowledge those facts which work against my position, rather than just blindly cherry-picking that which helps me, like some might be prone to do. :p

Boogie

As long as he makes money they will put up with him

Holy shit, now I can't unsee Papa Shango, why is he there LOL

IIRC, after the fight, some of Fedor's entourage claimed that Silva's camp hired someone in the crowd to put some voodoo curse on Fedor to throw him off his game, hence the photoshop.

I never even said that GSP is a LnPer, only that it is what he will do in this particular fight since it is his safest path to victory, in relative terms at least since there is a submission threat with Nick on his back but I don't see GSP getting caught by anybody in a sub at this stage of his career.

Heel

Let's not forget that Bigfoot's camp admitted to animal sacrificing and manipulating Fedor's brainwaves.

It's no laughing matter. Bigfoot is darksided and not to be underestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom