• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Rumble broke Andrei's jaw.

skBtcPi.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I couldn't see the card but from the weigh-in pics Rumble looked in-shape at 230. Fat Rumble must've been like 290.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I wouldn't mind seeing Anthony Johnson return to the UFC at Light Heavyweight to give that division another fighter to throw in the match-up mix. WFOS should match him up against Gilbert Yvel at Light-heavy, or see if Johnson will fight Leites at middleweight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
With how Andrei was getting KO'd by feather punches, I'm surprised at some of the shots he took last night. Rumble looked good, gassed a tad at the end, but it was an exciting fight.

I wouldn't mind seeing Anthony Johnson return to the UFC at Light Heavyweight to give that division another fighter to throw in the match-up mix. WFOS should match him up against Gilbert Yvel at Light-heavy, or see if Johnson will fight Leites at middleweight.

Yeah I think LHW is a great weight for him. He's a little too small for a HW (even though he tooled Arlovski). I'd like to see what he could do in that division.

Roxanne Modaferi heading to Vegas to audition for the co-ed season of TUF. You may remember her as being KOed on the receiving end of a Sarah Kaufmann body slam.

Heel

I don't like linking to fanposts but this is an excellent write-up summarizing K-1's demise and Glory's rise, including details on who's in-charge/pays for what.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/13/4100432/k-1-is-dead-kickboxing-is-not

There's so much shady shit that went down with FEG and "not FEG" that isn't covered (shuffling things to shell companies in the wake of non-payment to the fighters, offering to pay fighters half of what they're owed to resign, etc.), but that is a good summary for a casual fan who is wondering "What happened to kickboxing?".

Rumble is a natural LHW. He clearly looked a weightclass below Arlovski last night. I don't think he even wants to fight at HW again because he said they hit hard as fuck.

That being said I feel bad for Andre. Was hoping he'd get the W and finish his career in the UFC. He looked pretty out of shape and soft these days. He use to carry no bad weight at all.

So Lavar Johnson got cut for elevated levels?

And saw on BJPenn that GSP might be out 6-9 months due to torn Achilles' tendon. But I'll wait till I see it from Helwani, Yahoo, etc.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So Lavar Johnson got cut for elevated levels?

Kind of but not really. His test came back with a 6.2:1 T:E ratio, which indicates a high likelihood that he was using exogenous testosterone (the athletic commission cut-off for this is 6:1, Olympics use 4:1). A Carbon Isotope Ratio analysis confirmed that the testosterone wasn't produced by his own body. The actual ng/dl levels can't be determined from a urine test.

Kind of but not really. His test came back with a 6.2:1 T:E ratio, which indicates a high likelihood that he was using exogenous testosterone (the athletic commission cut-off for this is 6:1, Olympics use 4:1). A Carbon Isotope Ratio analysis confirmed that the testosterone wasn't produced by his own body. The actual ng/dl levels can't be determined from a urine test.

Also he got wrestlefucked by Brendan Schaub. Nothing of value was lost.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Scooter said:
Also he got wrestlefucked by Brendan Schaub. Nothing of value was lost.

After MMA gets legalised in New York and Dana rewrites the unified rules to include entertainment as a scoring metric that loss will get overturned to a NC. Johnson will be resigned at the end of his suspension and placed against Soa Palelei in a number one contender bout for a shot at Mark Hunt's title.

After MMA gets legalised in New York and Dana rewrites the unified rules to include entertainment as a scoring metric that loss will get overturned to a NC. Johnson will be resigned at the end of his suspension and placed against Soa Palelei in a number one contender bout for a shot at Mark Hunt's title.

UFC will introduce a Television Title?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
UFC will introduce a Television Title?

Scrapper's Belt. Each fighter is allowed one takedown attempt per round, with standups and clinch separations being as quick as Johnson/Belfort. They'll put it on Fox whilst the Sport Titles will be relegated to late-night timeslots between subtitled UEFA league games and NASCAR reruns.

Scrapper's Belt. Each fighter is allowed one takedown attempt per round, with standups and clinch separations being as quick as Johnson/Belfort. They'll put it on Fox whilst the Sport Titles will be relegated to late-night timeslots between subtitled UEFA league games and NASCAR reruns.

make it falls count anywhere, 24/7 like the Hardcore Title. They can have a camera crew follow the champ around and make a much better reality show than TUF.

Herb Dean steps in and refs whenever the fight goes to the ground.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
There's so much shady shit that went down with FEG and "not FEG" that isn't covered (shuffling things to shell companies in the wake of non-payment to the fighters, offering to pay fighters half of what they're owed to resign, etc.), but that is a good summary for a casual fan who is wondering "What happened to kickboxing?".
Yeah, that's who it's meant for. Since we've got a good number of kickboxing events going on and people here not that familiar with the sport I figured a quick summary would do good.

We need more kickboxing talk during downtime, anything but TUF talk please. TUF is like internet baseball to me.

ShaneB

I watched The Fugitive for what must have been the 20th time yesterday. Love it. Now I want to watch more smart fugitive movies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tony Ferguson ‏@TonyFergusonXT 21 Mar

Got cleared to start training and lifting weights hard!!! Fight camp start in 6-8 weeks! Ill be visiting gyms around OC in the mean time.

OMG Heelio, El Cucuy is back!

Heel

Source: Despite Twitter Announcement, Melvin Guillard Not Returning to Train at Jackson’s MMA

However, a source close to the situation confirmed to Sherdog.com on Monday that the fighter known as “The Young Assassin” will not be granted access to train with the renowned camp, which he once called home for more than a year and a half.

@DamonMartin - Melvin said he was going back. No one heard that from Jackson's. Bridges burnt. From what I've been told it was an entire team decision. Hope to find out more later.

aG333gv.jpg

MjFrancis

Melvin Guillard would screw up the Jackson camp's win percentage, too.

Not that such a thing would matter when you talk shit like Melvin, just throwing that out there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully George can retire to become an actor

UFC Champion Georges St-Pierre Joins Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Another Marvel Universe villain is set to appear in Anthony and Joe Russo's Captain America: The First Avenger as Latino Review reports that UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre will be playing French kickboxing master Georges Batroc, AKA Batroc the Leaper.

With origins dating all the way back to 1966's "Tales of Suspense" #75, Batroc doesn't have any superhuman abilities beyond his mastery of martial arts. While he's primarily a Cap foe, he's appeared throughout the Marvel Universe and done battle with the likes of Spider-Man, the Punisher, Iron Fist and many more.

St-Pierre, who hails from Quebec, has previously appeared in the martial arts films Death Warrior and Never Surrender, both directed by Hector Echavarria.

Also set to star Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford and Maximiliano Hernández, Captain America: The First Avenger is said to be a political thriller inspired by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting's acclaimed arc in the comics.

The sequel begins production shortly, aiming for an April 4, 2014 release.
04Ql8db.jpg

Forgive me for being unfamiliar with Captain America characters, but does this Patros character just lay on people? If so, this role is a perfect fit.

Oh and welcome back to our banned friends today with the exception of the Bioshock Infinite spoiler young pitbull. I'm a fair amount through the game right now and it's pretty good actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom