• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oh great, sports entertainment-gaf is back.
hahah-fuckyouhbil0.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Melvin Guillard would screw up the Jackson camp's win percentage, too.

Not that such a thing would matter when you talk shit like Melvin, just throwing that out there.
Jackson fighters haven't been winning much lately either. Arlovski, Cerrone, Marquardt, Dodson, Condit, Kaufmann all took losses in their last fight.

Hi there MMA-GAF! I'm a long time lurker that has finally gathered enough courage to post here. Please don't be too mean.

I've started following MMA after UFC 94 and my favorite fighters are GSP and Lyoto Machida because both of them perfectly embody the spirit of traditional martial arts, very different from the thugs and loudmouths that seem to populate the UFC.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've started following MMA after UFC 94 and my favorite fighters are GSP and Lyoto Machida because both of them perfectly embody the spirit of traditional martial arts, very different from the thugs and loudmouths that seem to populate the UFC.

0452_w7leq.gif

Hi there MMA-GAF! I'm a long time lurker that has finally gathered enough courage to post here. Please don't be too mean.

4321sw4i2a.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

This is a work.

are you a narc sent by Evilore? You have to tell us if you are.

TheChits

Welcome amigo. Those are my two favorite fighters as well. :)

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

I've started following MMA after UFC 94 and my favorite fighters are Nick Diaz and Lyoto Machida because both of them perfectly embody the spirit of traditional martial arts, very different from the thugs and loudmouths that seem to populate the UFC.

Fixed that for you. Real skill level, real boxing, real traditional jiu-jitsu, put together and mixed up.

Might as well do a proper edit and delete Lyoto Machida from that sentence. Nobody wants to pay $50 to see him not fight.

Machida's last fight was pretty disappointing, but he fought Dan Henderson who's always dangerous. I don't blame him for not engaging considering what was on the line.

As for GSP, I don't really have a problem with him not finishing(although I wouldn't mind). He constantly makes his opponents look like amateurs they picked from the street.

Fixed that for you. Real skill level, real boxing, real traditional jiu-jitsu, put together and mixed up.

I believe martial arts embodies a bit more than just fighting.

Welcome amigo. Those are my two favorite fighters as well. :)

Nice! I know those two aren't the most popular fighters here, so it's nice to see like minded folk.

how about Mac Danzig?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well do a proper edit and delete Lyoto Machida from that sentence. Nobody wants to pay $50 to see him not fight.

I would have but I'm an unabashed Machida apologist. He isn't about baby leg kicks and love taps. Here's how I see it: there's tentative fighting (Machida), fighting to a decision (GSP) and full blown point-fighting (Running men Guida, Boetsch and Condit, plus Frankie Edgar, MM and Cruz frequently). The latter two types are rarely exciting unless they're put in danger or are losing, but Machida is fun for me to watch even when winning, because he'll either get the finish or do some cool shit. The Rampage and Henderson fights were too much though. It's probably safe to say at this point that unless someone Shogun's him, Lyoto vs Iron-chinned opponent = maximum 'elusiveness'.

Boogie

Welcome, friend. :)

Heel

Who ya ribbin'?

Everyone is back!

YAY!

(except for that guy who spoiled bioshock infinite which i've been playing all day and it is amazing)

Oh and greetings AstroZombie, you will fit in here perfectly.

Has anybody taken a shit in this guy's bag yet? Because I'm pretty sure he didn't shake everyone's hand in the locker room.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
quiz time.

you're in Japan, 2003, semi-finals for a freakshow tourny

Bob Sapp vs Giant Silva
Zuluzinho vs Rumina Sato

who wins the tournament? and why?
Sakuraba clears the ring with the Saku belt, Minowaman comes from the lockeroom, challenges him on the spot, and Saku wins.

Also, to my banned brothers returning:

150px-Kevin_Nash_Nitro_%2798_-_Wolfpac_Hands.jpg

Vio-Lence

Banned
Korean Zombie said:
Dear Mr. Georges St. Pierre
Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese 'Rising Sun Flag'. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.
Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of 'Militarism'. You can easily learn what they've done by googling (please do), although it's only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.
Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.
I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

Since you're influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, your wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge 'Rising Sun' on your Gi means something else.
Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe your wearing 'the symbol of War Crime' is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.
So, what do you reckon? Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?

So not only is GSP a boring cheat, apparently he's rather ignorant when it comes to WW2 history as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom