• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Relevant to WSOF, prelims and non-U.S.ers will get to watch free:

"The main card airs live on Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT on NBC Sports Network, but the World Series of Fighting preliminary bouts stream LIVE worldwide on MMAWeekly.com on Saturday at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.

For those of you outside the United States, once the preliminary bouts concluded, the player will reset and then you’ll be able to watch the World Series of Fighting main card in the player below. Fans in the U.S. can watch the fights on NBC Sports Network. (The main card stream is geo-blocked in the U.S. due to television contractual obligations.)"

http://www.mmaweekly.com/world-seri...s-streaming-on-saturday-main-card-for-non-u-s

Now that's how Bad MMA is done.

edit: Did not know Micky Soares was the president of RFA.

Heel

Jungle Fight utilized favela tactics and moved to April overnight. They're airing a Shooto Brazil rerun, though.

ESPN Friday Night Fights on in about an hour. Kermit Cintron is boxing...lol.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm going to have to miss Glory 5 tomorrow unfortunately. No first nerd chat for me. :( Hopefully I can catch a replay of the event later or something.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
You would think that of all the things in the world an MMA organisation would make sure is ready is the fucking cage.

I mean, that's like a soccer game not going ahead because they somehow ended up with American Football goalposts instead of soccer ones.

Heel

Bad MMA lifers, I believe I've managed to locate our old Winter Brawl friends in North Dakota.

Chris Tuchscherer's Crowbar MMA money seems to have dried up, but they're now hosting (and I believe streaming?) "Spring Brawl" on April 20th with Dakota FC

"Mean Bean" Romero, the last fight of Sherman Pendergarst, with one ambulance on call. Never forget this shining moment in Bad MMA history.

Bad MMA lifers, I believe I've managed to locate our old Winter Brawl friends in North Dakota.

Chris Tuchscherer's Crowbar MMA money seems to have dried up, but they're now hosting (and I believe streaming?) "Spring Brawl" on April 20th with Dakota FC

"Mean Bean" Romero, the last fight of Sherman Pendergarst, with one ambulance on call. Never forget this shining moment in Bad MMA history.

Ohhhhhhhh man I'm there!

http://www.bjpenn.com/cyborg-willing-to-fight-transgendered-fallon-fox-mma-news/

She wants to be a girl. I don’t agree. I think you’re born a girl, you’re a girl. You’re born a guy, you’re a guy. But I don’t choose opponents. The commission needs to check and make sure she doesn’t have testosterone. I’m not going to judge other people. If the commission says she can fight, why not? People tell me on Twitter: ‘I think you have a d—.’ A lot of bad things, they say. I think people have a small mind. They don’t think a girl can punch hard like a man. I think people are ignorant. People are stupid. I don’t want to be the same as people who do that.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Glory 5 was pretty fun to watch overall. I expected Sp*ng to make short work of Bonjasky--guy should just retire already. He looked like ass in his last fight before Sp*ng too. Speaking of Sp*ng, since the winner of Saki vs Ghita gets a shot at Schilt, Sp*ng should face the loser of Saki vs Ghita and be set up for the next title shot.

All in all, the production of Glory 5 was good (especially compared to 2013 K-1...) and I like how there was only around 2 minutes between when a fight ends and the next fight starts. The promos are short and to the point, unlike Bellator where they give a 15 minute background on every damn fighter.

I'll definitely be tuning in for Glory 6. Rooting for Ghita over Saki. It will be a close fight for sure though.

Anybody know who the rest of the fighters on Glory 6 are? Any certified scraps in the making?

Friends, I'm good and toasty from a fresh new bottle of Hendricks gin.
Yeah and I'm pretty toasty myself courtesy of some Suntory Hibiki 12 Year.

bill_murray_suntory_time1.jpg

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

you guys missed the NCAA Wrestling National Championships on ESPN this afternoon. You could have gotten a peak at some of the future destroyers of MMA.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
and he didn't look flabby at all. He was killing himself to make 170 and 185.

I still see his future at 205. But realistically speaking now I figure he's two successful weigh-ins (with wins to go with them, of course) away from being invited back to the Ultimate.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
you guys missed the NCAA Wrestling National Championships on ESPN this afternoon. You could have gotten a peak at some of the future destroyers of MMA.
My work had it on in the background. No wonder I was so sleepy.

Glory 5 was pretty fun to watch overall. I expected Sp*ng to make short work of Bonjasky--guy should just retire already. He looked like ass in his last fight before Sp*ng too. Speaking of Sp*ng, since the winner of Saki vs Ghita gets a shot at Schilt, Sp*ng should face the loser of Saki vs Ghita and be set up for the next title shot.

All in all, the production of Glory 5 was good (especially compared to 2013 K-1...) and I like how there was only around 2 minutes between when a fight ends and the next fight starts. The promos are short and to the point, unlike Bellator where they give a 15 minute background on every damn fighter.

I'll definitely be tuning in for Glory 6. Rooting for Ghita over Saki. It will be a close fight for sure though.

Anybody know who the rest of the fighters on Glory 6 are? Any certified scraps in the making?
Mourad Bouzidi has been a jobber to the stars as of late, no idea who Fabiano Cyclone is.

L'houcine Ouzgni won the 73 kg strap off Yohan Lidon, he's worth watching.

Nieky Holzken is a certified scrapper and one of my favorite kickboxers, he always brings it.

Murat Direkci is gatekeeper status now since he's getting old.

It's Showtime/Glory do a good job of developing talent and the cards always deliver, every fight is worth watching.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

That is, until they get sprawled by Ryan Martinez.

With wrestling out of the Olympics, cross-promotion with the correctional services industry will be the last hope for keeping interest in the sport at the collegiate level. The class war storyline of a bought between a college athlete and a roughneck who was in prison at the same time the pampered All-American was winning the national title could really tap into the zeitgeist.

lol @ Arlovski losing to a Blackzillian

Unrelated - Nick Diaz was told 'unofficially' right before weigh ins that him and GSP were allowed to be a pound overweight. I guess the conspiracy theory one can make from this is that GSP was having trouble making weight and was over so the commission in Canada was bending the rules for him. Diaz's team didn't know about this flexibility beforehand ... http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/24/4...k-diaz-georges-st-pierre-ufc-158-weigh-in-mma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom