• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjFrancis

I would have but I'm an unabashed Machida apologist. He isn't about baby leg kicks and love taps. Here's how I see it: there's tentative fighting (Machida), fighting to a decision (GSP) and full blown point-fighting (Running men Guida, Boetsch and Condit, plus Frankie Edgar, MM and Cruz frequently). The latter two types are rarely exciting unless they're put in danger or are losing, but Machida is fun for me to watch even when winning, because he'll either get the finish or do some cool shit. The Rampage and Henderson fights were too much though. It's probably safe to say at this point that unless someone Shogun's him, Lyoto vs Iron-chinned opponent = maximum 'elusiveness'.
Easy prediction to agree with.

I have to give the guy credit for knocking out Rashad Evans though. That's something even Jon Jones was apparently unwilling to do. Plus we got a contender for the best post-KO pic of all time.

Still, his last fight with Dan Henderson was among the worst I've ever watched this year, only to be outdone by Rashad Evan's lukewarm high-five match with Lil Nog.

Boogie

So not only is GSP a boring cheat, apparently he's rather ignorant when it comes to WW2 history as well.

Ya, because GSP designs Hatabusa's gi.

It's hayabusa's fuck up, and they've already pulled the gi design, so this is just all y'all haters throwing shit on the wall desperate for any of it to stick.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So not only is GSP a boring cheat, apparently he's rather ignorant when it comes to WW2 history as well.

I meant to reference this in some way. Even though I've mellowed out in recent years I possess hardcore communist leanings but would still never use the hammer & sickle due to its propinquity with atrocities carried out in Eastern Europe, Russia, Vietnam, etc. The Rising Sun flag is no different. But hey, it's Japan, they make anime and videogames and shit so it's ok.
Luckily I have yet to hear this defence force raise its voice.

TheNatural

My Member!
Great so Georges can bore audiences in a different entertainment medium.

Dude just walk behind the dunkin donuts.

_prisoner_8002745790ul1j.jpg

nwo-o.gif

It's hayabusa's fuck up, and they've already pulled the gi design, so this is just all y'all haters throwing shit on the wall desperate for any of it to stick.

I love how GSP fans like to defend his bullshit based on him being so pampered that everybody else is the one to blame, because the cat ain't doing anything by himself. I wonder why he even steps in the ring, he should pull a Wesley Snipes and only be there for the walk in close up and let somebody else fight for him.

Vio-Lence

Banned
any of you guys watching Vikings on the History channel? I'm liking it about as much as FX's The Americans thus far. I know a lot of you guys like the atrocious Spartacus, so it should be right in most of your wheelhouses.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
any of you guys watching Vikings on the History channel? I'm liking it about as much as FX's The Americans thus far. I know a lot of you guys like the atrocious Spartacus, so it should be right in most of your wheelhouses.

Im in there. It's just a little slow so far. Haraldson needs to die asap.

I think Hayabusa and GSP's handlers/GSP himself screwed up. Hayabusa should've never made that gi design, but GSP/his people should've checked to make sure he's not wearing anything that may alienate part of his fan base.

Anyone else remember Hoelzer Reich?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

We watch Spartacus for the Cinemax tits.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hope GSP designed the Gi himself and he continues to wear it. If KZ were a Gaffer, he'd be banned for backseat modding.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Let's hope GSP can transition into a successful movie career, something like early 90s JCVD minus the good looks, charisma, and cocaine.

The Canadian flag should be offensive enough to KZ.

http://www.japanfocus.org/-John-Price/3678
Canadian historian John Price documents the story of Mr. Shin Hyun-Chan, a survivor of a Canadian war crime committed during the Korean war. In investigating the Shin case the author uncovered numerous other war crimes committed by Canadian forces in Korea, including rape and murder. In almost all cases where the perpetrators faced court-martials, they were found guilty but then exonerated upon return to Canada.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Let's hope GSP can transition into a successful movie career, something like early 90s JCVD minus the good looks, charisma, and cocaine.

I'd watch him in Django Unchained 2 just to hear him say "Deejango."

MjFrancis

No matter how much we say we don't want to talk about GSP, we talk about GSP.

Guy's got sports entertainment MMA-GAF by the cajones.

Bioshock Infinite is the real deal folks. The first hour is better than any game released this year so far. Dat art, dem visuals, dem production values, dat story telling etc

Bioshock Infinite is the real deal folks. The first hour is better than any game released this year so far. Dat art, dem visuals, dem production values, dat story telling etc

I hope you keep posting impressions as you play more. The first Bioshock also had an incredibly strong start, but unfortunately it became too fetch quest-y and fell apart at the end.

Are you playing it on PC or consoles?

I hope you keep posting impressions as you play more. The first Bioshock also had an incredibly strong start, but unfortunately it became too fetch quest-y and fell apart at the end.

Are you playing it on PC or consoles?

PC.

I'm still early in the game, so the flaws have plenty of time to pop up but I can't help but be impressed so far.

From a presentation standpoint I would say this is far ahead of any other game this generation.

Host Samurai is right though, it's still a shooter and I don't see anything changing that. From a gameplay stand point it feels and moves like Bioshock so far, but I think the character of Elizabeth at least will provide a shake up to the formula if the comments about her A.I are on the money.

I just finished Res 6 though, so maybe my view on the quality of this game is being slightly skewed lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
PC.

I'm still early in the game, so the flaws have plenty of time to pop up but I can't help but be impressed so far.

From a presentation standpoint I would say this is far ahead of any other game this generation.

Host Samurai is right though, it's still a shooter and I don't see anything changing that. From a gameplay stand point it feels and moves like Bioshock so far, but I think the character of Elizabeth at least will provide a shake up to the formula if the comments about her A.I are on the money.

I just finished Res 6 though, so maybe my view on the quality of this game is being slightly skewed lol

Bro getting hit in the mouth with a freshly used colostomy bag is better than RE6.

TheChits

I'm gonna nab Infinite as soon as it is on sale. I'm really excited for it. Did any sorry soul here pick up Gears Judgement? Is it as awful as I imagine it to be?

PC.

Host Samurai is right though, it's still a shooter and I don't see anything changing that. From a gameplay stand point it feels and moves like Bioshock so far
, but I think the character of Elizabeth at least will provide a shake up to the formula if the comments about her A.I are on the money.

I don't mind that at all. I've seen people complaining about Bioshock's combat, but I thought the plasmids, tonics, hacking and different enemy types made it pretty interesting and it didn't feel like a chore, unlike most modern day shooters.

I'm gonna nab Infinite as soon as it is on sale. I'm really excited for it. Did any sorry soul here pick up Gears Judgement? Is it as awful as I imagine it to be?

i saw a let's play on YT. the campaign, cutscenes included, is a little over 4 hours of the same-old, same-old.

to put it in perspective, i would rather watch Zuluzinho's fights at Ilha Combat.

Bro getting hit in the mouth with a freshly used colostomy bag is better than RE6.

Meh, I thought it was a fun game. Not a particularly good game, but I digged it.

I don't mind that at all. I've seen people complaining about Bioshock's combat, but I thought the plasmids, tonics, hacking and different enemy types made it pretty interesting and it didn't feel like a chore, unlike most modern day shooters.

yeah, I liked the combat then and I like it now.

i saw a let's play on YT. the campaign, cutscenes included, is a little over 4 hours of the same-old, same-old.

to put it in perspective, i would rather watch Zuluzinho's fights at Ilha Combat.

Judgement always looked like a POS. It's just a money grab, probably a franchise killer.

Boogie

One fighter has never had issues making weight his entire career.

One fighter once missed his contracted weight by nine pounds.

Which is GSP, and which is Diaz?

Heel

Someone call the honorable David Chesnoff to represent Nick.

Mr. SP is bound by contract to give Mr. Diaz 20% of his purse, including PPV percentage, for missing weight. The evidence also supports Mr. SP being stripped of the UFC title belt and jailed for his dangerous behavior.

TheNatural

My Member!
Someone call the honorable David Chesnoff to represent Nick.

Mr. SP is bound by contract to give Mr. Diaz 20% of his purse, including PPV percentage, for missing weight. The evidence also supports Mr. SP being stripped of the UFC title belt for his dangerous behavior.

Who do you think you are?

eGt2Znc3MTI=_o_wwf-superstars-intro-jack-tunney-announces-wrestlemania-.jpg

MjFrancis

Diaz bitching and whining about losing his fight and demanding a rematch? Well who in the world could have ever predicted such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom