• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ariel trying to fish for Punk saying he's going to get into MMA. LOL. Not happening bro. A little bit of Muay Thai doesn't equal a pro MMA career.

Heel

Ariel trying to fish for Punk saying he's going to get into MMA. LOL. Not happening bro. A little bit of Muay Thai doesn't equal a pro MMA career.

Nah brah, all you need is for CM Punk to stretch out 3 cans and have his good friend Chael say he can beat any one of the top 10. These fans will believe anything.

Nah brah, all you need is for CM Punk to stretch out 3 cans and have his good friend Chael say he can beat any one of the top 10. These fans will believe anything.

Dangerous Alliance with Heyman, Punk, Brockinho Jr, Chael "Brains" Sonnen and Josh Barnett.

dream

--This is not a complete list, but among those trying out for the next season of Ultimate Fighter were Shayna Baszler, Tara LaRosa, Raquel Pennington, Roxanne Modafferi, Tonya Evinger, Allanna Jones, Kim Couture, Colleen Schneider and Tyra Parker. Shannon Knapp of Invicta told all her fighters that they should try out if they want to and anyone under contract could do so.

Holy shit. It's like an all star game!

Heel

Here's about half the women that attended:

- Laura Howarth
- Jessamyn Duke
- Shayna Baszler
- Tara LaRosa
- Raquel Pennington
- Marceia Allen
- Jocelyn Lybarger
- Ashlee Evans-Smith
- Roxanne Modafferi
- Tonya Evinger
- Sarah Moras
- Valerie Letourneau
- Norma Center
- Nora Yvette Lopez
- Jennifer Scott
- Allanna Jones
- Nikki Knudsen
- Peggy Morgan
- Kim Couture
- Revelina Berto
- Julianna Pena
- Colleen Schneider
- Marion Reneau
- Pannie Kianzad
- Tyra Parker

Men mentioned to be there by Useless Gomez on The MMA Hour (and he was turned away from participating, apparently):

-Chris Holdsworth
-Jimmy Jones
-Wilson Reis
-LC Davis
-Manny Tapia
-Danny Martinez

More from The Underground:

Here are the BW men I know are at the tryouts: Brandon Bender, Cody Bolinger, Josh Hill, Sirwan Kakai, Pedro Munhoz, Chris Holdsworth (cont)

So Pedro Munhoz is 7-0, Ranked by BE as the number 10 BW prospect

Sirwan Kakai is 9-1, number 7 ranked BW prospect by BE

Josh Hill is 9-0, best BW in Canada, ranked 4th be BE Scouting report

Chris Holdsworth is 4-0, number 3 BE prospect by BE.

So right there are 4 of the top 10 best BW prospect all trying out.

Wicky Nishiura who has fought in DREAM and Shooto is here too

Cody Gibson made it past the first two rounds and is in the interview portion.

Ian Dela Cuesta is in the interview round as well.

This could be a sick season.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TUF tryout pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151574773146276.1073741835.46299886275&type=1

Lyoto HUNGRY
11649_10151574773711276_773813018_n.jpg

Staring
521872_10151574774596276_1692679385_n.jpg

So there's a chance that a good portion of the female TUF contestants will be quite a bit more experienced than the 2 coaches, lol

And that girl in the yellow, god dayum.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So there's a chance that a good portion of the female TUF contestants will be quite a bit more experienced than the 2 coaches, lol

And that girl in the yellow, god dayum.

I hadn't even thought of that. Hell, Baszler has more fights than Rousey and Zingano put together. Tara LaRosa is ranked #2 all-time behind Mega Megu in womens mma. Fuckin hilarious.

I remember one time on Twitter (it was super late like 3 a.m.) Tara LaRosa was talking about how her ex beat her. So we had a heart to heart about relationship over PM's. She's a cool person. Ridiculous grappler too. Her and one of my old BJJ coaches know each other. They know each other because they both got their purple belts from Royce.

Ya, I remember that JLau vs Pulver and it being weird he was on the show. Both those coaches had a lot of fights and most of the contestants were young, and still some of them didn't want to be on Jens' team cuz they saw him as one dimensional.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh right, the Hughes vs Serra season had WWs.

Mac Danzig won that season.

At Welterweight.

LOL.

TUF 6 is when the show became a haven for scrubs. Look at the winners before and after and it's no comparison. Diego, Forrest, Evans, Bisping, Diaz and then Danzig, Sadollah, Escudero, Wilks, etc.

Also Danzig was the only guy who had done anything before TUF and was a huge favorite, so ya, who the hell were those other guys in that season?

I don't know the other names you listed after Danzig.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ya, I remember that JLau vs Pulver and it being weird he was on the show. Both those coaches had a lot of fights and most of the contestants were young, and still some of them didn't want to be on Jens' team cuz they saw him as one dimensional.

TUF 5 was the GOAT TUF season. I would probably buy it on DVD/Blu-ray.

"Raise your hand if you want to be on my team and want nothing to do with Jens Pulver."
*everyone raises their hand*

So cold.

Also Danzig was the only guy who had done anything before TUF and was a huge favorite, so ya, who the hell were those other guys in that season?

I don't know the other names you listed after Danzig.

Exactly.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Didn't one of the recent winners not even finish his contract cuz he sucked so bad?

Escudero was cut from the UFC on two separate occasions. James Wilks retired due to injury and Jonathan Brookins asked for his release after going 1-3 post-TUF and is currently wandering the Earth looking for inspiration. I think everyone else has hung around as Fuel TV and Facebook fodder.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I remember one time on Twitter (it was super late like 3 a.m.) Tara LaRosa was talking about how her ex beat her. So we had a heart to heart about relationship over PM's. She's a cool person. Ridiculous grappler too. Her and one of my old BJJ coaches know each other. They know each other because they both got their purple belts from Royce.

Twitter Elite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom