• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

In honor of a year plus long struggle for truth, I request the following title:

UFC on FOX 7: Henderson vs. Melendez |OT| Fraud or Gawd?

#TeamGawd

Damn, that's messed up bro.

Sorry about what happened to your cousin.

I'm more worried about his father taking off with a bunch of guns and turning off his phone. The people that did this need to hope they don't get out of jail (they were arrested today). Because they are all dead if they get out.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Shit. I'm so sorry, dude. I don't know what else to say.

I'm more worried about his father taking off with a bunch of guns and turning off his phone. The people that did this need to hope they don't get out of jail (they were arrested today). Because they are all dead if they get out.
I'd lose my shit if it were my little boy, too. People can talk a big game when it comes to how rational they claim they are, but when actual tragedy visits your kids, all reason is gone. I know that first hand.

SteveWD40

Looks like the Ultimates new TV deal in the UK will be with BT Sport, which launches this summer. Pretty good if so, since they are in every home one way or another and are partnered with ESPN. Seems Gary Cook is earning his pay.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
TUF 18 tryouts vid

To everyone's disappointment that athletic Samoan chick doesn't get any screentime.

Deanna Bennett

iEB3oXx12cbvo.gif

On a serious note, TUF tryouts always seem like a joke to me. They can't be learning much about these fighters based on a few minutes of pad work and rolling. Considering you've got guys like Frankie Edgar and Ben Henderson who tell stories about being passed over for TUF, you got to figure there's a better way to do this.

ShaneB

On a serious note, TUF tryouts always seem like a joke to me. They can't be learning much about these fighters based on a few minutes of pad work and rolling. Considering you've got guys like Frankie Edgar and Ben Henderson who tell stories about being passed over for TUF, you got to figure there's a better way to do this.

Well I assume they look at the fights they do have already as well, ie someone like Bubba having like 20 fights or something.

edit: Also, Deadliest Catch season 9 started last night. Might make an OT for it.

The reality is they don't really care about getting true talent in TUF as much as they do getting personality types that will be entertaining. Of course it does help if you've got a decent record as well.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
A guy like Bubba is a waste of a TUF slot. Training out of a major gym with 20+ fights on his record. If you haven't made it to the big show at that point, it's time to find a new career path.

brentech

A guy like Bubba is a waste of a TUF slot. Training out of a major gym with 20+ fights on his record. If you haven't made it to the big show at that point, it's time to find a new career path.
I kind of feel this way as well. We're getting to the point in MMA where guys that have some age to them and are either just getting into the sport or have some fights on their record, don't have much of a chance in succeeding in the UFC.

I'd like to see more younger guys to get them exposure and after show have a better chance of getting into a quality gym to further develop real talents.

I'm not saying no one older deserves another shot, but TUF isn't the best place for numerous of those guys anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom