• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddream

Banned
Tate would've gotten battered even worse...if that gif doesn't tell you that Cat has better natural finishing instincts than most guys, then I don't know what to say to you.

Heel

Yeah, no complaints from me. Meisha "shooting the double to prove she was still in it" or however she words it at the presser was stopped by a gentle touch of Kim Winslow's gloved hand. Cat would've rocked her cradle.

Not to mention that barring blind judges she was well on her way to a 29-28 loss.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Honestly I'd forgotten she'd even fought in Invicta. Should take some notes from Thug Rose and Rowdy Bec in the marketing department.

For a girl from Glasgow she's remarkably softly-spoken.

Normal Glaswegian women make Tyrone's Mama look like she's given a vow of silence.

Meisha complaining about this frame and an early stoppage:

Cat scraped her clean.

Well she kinda has something there because when she gets hit with that knee she crumples and it was all down hill after that. She never really recovered. She probably was going to lose anyway though so it doesn't much matter.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well she kinda has something there because when she gets hit with that knee she crumples and it was all down hill after that. She never really recovered. She probably was going to lose anyway though so it doesn't much matter.

Well like you said friend, that knee changed the fight and led to Miesha's downfall. Considering she was ahead on the cards, she might have escaped with a SD win. Only reason I'm not bothered by it is because I wanted Tate to do the job anyway.

zinganotatefinish.gif

Kim Winslow stopped a fight at the proper time and she's still getting shit.

Meisha's just mad she lost out on a big pay day and got her face messed up. The "illegal knee" was legal even in the picture you can tell the knee has not hit her face yet and as soon her fingers come up off of the mat she got hit with the knee.

dream

20130413_gav_sv5_120.0.jpg

I apologize for the giant, horrifying picture but it just shows that maybe refs should carry a makeup kit as well. Jesus christ.

I wanted to hear the deep guttural sound of her medula oblongata struggling to suck air into her lungs.

She blew me away on the MMA Hour last week. She denied not being impressed by Rousey in her last fight. Now, she is claiming claiming the knee was illegal.

Odd that Rousey is the one that trains with the Diaz Brothers.

Early stoppage?

What about the 4 ILLEGAL 12-6 elbows Browne threw against Gonzaga?

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...s-gabriel-gonzaga-full-fight-video-highlights
I agree with this one. I was like holy duck when the elbows were coming down and the ref said nothing. It looked like one of those situations where he should have warned him the first time he threw elbows and was against the cage.

And I thought Gonzaga was out of the UFC.

Brown should get a rematch with Silva.

I agree with this one. I was like holy duck when the elbows were coming down and the ref said nothing. It looked like one of those situations where he should have warned him the first time he threw elbows and was against the cage.

And I thought Gonzaga was out of the UFC.

Brown should get a rematch with Silva.

Unfortunately (for Napão), Dana White doesn't. Browne got the 'KO of the night' bonus.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
She blew me away on the MMA Hour last week. She denied not being impressed by Rousey in her last fight. Now, she is claiming claiming the knee was illegal.

Odd that Rousey is the one that trains with the Diaz Brothers.

AND, playboy? Ronda nearly got choked out by a can in Carmouche and ended up winning with her one move of doom. I wasn't impressed either.

AND, playboy? Ronda nearly got choked out by a can in Carmouche and ended up winning with her one move of doom. I wasn't impressed either.
I already said that the division wasn't deep. Tate lost to Cat. I don't see why any of these women are going around with the screw face. Tate's acting like she's GSP saying "I'm not impressed with your performance."

Unfortunately (for Napão), Dana White doesn't. Browne got the 'KO of the night' bonus.
Gonzaga was going to lose. It should be pointed out that the ref should have said something. The controversy wasn't in the Tate stoppage but simply allowing Gonzaga to take blows to the back of the head on two occasions and the commentators and UFC downplaying it like it's not a big deal.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I would love to see the Uriah Hall hype train get going after he bounces back from his loss by KO's over 1 or 2 scrubs...only to be completely derailed again by none other then the GOAT gatekeeper Yushin Okami.

I would love to see the Uriah Hall hype train get going after he bounces back from his loss by KO's over 1 or 2 scrubs...only to be completely derailed again by none other then the GOAT gatekeeper Yushin Okami.
That would not be a good fight for him. Neither would Weidman, Sonnen and possibly Bisping. Nor would I want to see him against Damian Maia.

The guy needs to go train with Jackson.

That would not be a good fight for him. Neither would Weidman, Sonnen and possibly Bisping. Nor would I want to see him against Damian Maia.

The guy needs to go train with Jackson.

He's already lacking a killer instinct just from going from TUF to the Big Show. He doesn't need Jackson telling him to point fight and go out there and get some fans.

Was more of a crank. If Carmouche was good enough to get a choke, there'd be a different champ.

By that logic, every KO puncher who just missed could've won.

Edit: Damn doubles.

i see one elbow to the back of the head in the middle of the flurry, which yeah, should have gotten a warning, but the majority of those were on the ear

There were two occasions I think where he did that. But the complaints about judging and reffing are never going to be addressed thanks to the commissions controlling it.

I'm looking forward to the UFC on Fox card. I want to see how Cormier does.

Even if that was the case, it's still illegal...

34hgfah_jpg.gif

So is grabbing the fence, striking the groan, eye poking, and a dozen other techniques. If it's not intentional (which it clearly wasn't) and it doesn't directly lead to stoppage (Gonzaga was already going out before it hits) then it's only a warning.

And the Jones .gif is a terrible example because he did North to South elbows repeatedly and intentionally (albeit because he didn't know they were illegal). Completely different situation.

recovered the 4€ i lost yesterday, x 7:

http://i.imgur.com/J9XSOpX.png[/IMG

i would love to stay and teach you about betting but i got to be at ______________, with my half portuguese, half ____________ friends.[/QUOTE]

No one is laughing because we all know there is nothing to do in Portugal except smoke weed, sit on a couch, and watch Soccer. Well there is some stuff to do. I wouldn't participate because I don't like young boys or hanging out near a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom