• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjFrancis

I stopped watching basketball after the Sonics left Seattle. The game was getting too foul-heavy anyways. When the clock gets stopped a dozen times in the last minutes of the game I'm not on the edge of my seat, I'm just bored. Then the exaggerated injury players proliferated and I never looked back. It was getting as bad as soccer.

I'm going to UFC 164 in Milwaukee. I'm thinking of getting a UFC Fight Club membership. Since 164 is coinciding with the Harley Davidson 110 anniversary I was afraid I might want to get in on the presale if I want to get tickets. Am I right thinking that? The membership is $75 and I don't think I'll be going to any others unless its in Chicago or something. I went to the last one there for free because my wife won tickets from a radio station for answering MMA questions. Yep,I got a BangBro wife. She even has a pink mohawk. No lie.

Pat Healy popped for weed. His win against Jim Miller is overturned.

Also, Brandon Vera moving back up to heavyweight. First fight at the new/old weight is against Ben Rothwell in Milwaukee.

That's the Champions League Final you're thinking of, only Chelsea and Benfica supporters care about that other one.

WELL, nobody cares about the ze germanz final, it's a game we've already seen 92 times.

Benfica vs Chelsea at least is fresh, 3rd time in history they play vs each other.

ShaneB

Shane's back yaaay.

I have my good days and bad days. I realize I don't really care to talk that in depth about mma anymore, and just enjoy the events as they come, but yeah, most of you are decent folks enjoy to shoot the shit with.

And making Taffer gifs is fun.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have my good days and bad days. I realize I don't really care to talk that in depth about mma anymore, and just enjoy the events as they come, but yeah, most of you are decent folks enjoy to shoot the shit with.

And making Taffer gifs is fun.

Someone has to make them. Why not you?

Pat Healy popped for weed. His win against Jim Miller is overturned.
This retroactively makes UFC 159 completely worthless.

Fuck.
Just found out that Brocks first MMA fight was going to be vs Hong Man Choi. That would have been awesome.
Brock-vs-Hong-Man-Choi-Staredown.jpg

Ended up being Min Soo Kim at the fucking horrible K-1 Dynamite here in Los Angeles. (LA Coliseum pictured behind them is where it took place)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Biggest win of Healy's career and he fucks up. Fucking dumbasses, how hard is it not to smoke weed for a few weeks?

Fun fact: It's been almost 2 years since Belfort has fought in a location where drug testing is done by an athletic commission and not the UFC itself.

Another Fun Fact: The UFC tends to catch guys more often with their own drug testing than the commissions do in theirs.

Bonnar got popped in Brazil.
Riddle got popped in Canada.
Leben got popped in the UK twice.

I should see about transferring over to the PA Athletic Commission. I wonder what the pay is like.

EDIT: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn - Pat Healy is going to lose $130,000 in bonuses do to being caught for marijuana.

EDIT 2: Bryan Caraway awarded Healy's sub of the night bonus.

MjFrancis

Fun fact: It's been almost 2 years since Belfort has fought in a location where drug testing is done by an athletic commission and not the UFC itself.
This should be more surprising than it actually is, but even before Belfort admitted as much it was something that was becoming more apparent over time. The rumors about TRT around the time he fought JBJ were ridiculously believable given his appearance. The only fighter with more obvious short-term gainz was The Reem.

Pat Healy is going to lose $130,000 in bonuses do to being caught for marijuana.
Is a pothead intelligent enough not to make the same mistake twice? I'd hope so in this case.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
0028_4u98.gif

How hard is it for those old fucks to realize weed doesn't enhance shit performance wise.

That doesn't fucking matter. Rules are rules, playboy. I don't like all the dumb rules I follow at work either but I still follow them because I can make simple, sound decisions.

MjFrancis

I thought the whole point of the medical marijuana claim was that it effectively dulls pain. Sounds like a useful attribute in a sport where grown men punch one another in the face.

I thought the whole point of the medical marijuana claim was that it effectively dulls pain. Sounds like a useful attribute in a sport where grown men punch one another in the face.

Well unless the guy smoke a blunt in the locker room before heading into the ring I don't see the issue. Unless somebody is trying to sell me wolf tickets on how these guys don't take dick squat for the pain during camp...

muddream

Banned
JBJ is a safety-first bitch whenever he's fighting someone who can threaten him in 1 area, only champs with inborn budo spirit are Cain and Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom