• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

lmao Vitor has no business getting another title shot. The only guy less deserving is Chael.

I'm going to be serious right now, Vitor didn't call out Anderson because he's in Brazil and would have gotten booed if he called out Silva. Better to call out the non-Brazilian champ. I would have loled if he called out GSP.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I'm going to be serious right now, Vitor didn't call out Anderson because he's in Brazil and would have gotten booed if he called out Silva. Better to call out the non-Brazilian champ. I would have loled if he called out GSP.

ya know I think your right.. nice take

I'd be down for Vitor Jones 2 after Hendo and DC. I don't give 2 craps about Gus.

185 is in total limbo. Nobody in the division deserves a shot. Is anybody on a 3 or 4 fight win streak in the division? Maybe Anderson vs Lombard? Bisping vs Lombard?

charsace

I'd be down for Vitor Jones 2 after Hendo and DC. I don't give 2 craps about Gus.

185 is in total limbo. Nobody in the division deserves a shot. Is anybody on a 3 or 4 fight win streak in the division? Maybe Anderson vs Lombard? Bisping vs Lombard?

Vitor/Jones 2 won't happen. Vitor won't fight Anderson again either. They probably patched up things after their fight so I don't see him going against the golden boy of Brazil again. I can seriously see GSP/Vitor happening though. Vitor is a big name at 185 and GSP could probably get him down.

charsace

Vitor had to be roid raging, that's the only explanation for his post fight interview.

Vitor looked extra ripped for 185 tonight. He never looked this huge and ripped at 185.

He trains at Blackzillians now and all of those guys show up big for their fights. Vitor hadn't really thrown kicks in a while and now in his last two fights he's throwing them a lot and tonight he set up a ko off of kicks. Its the Blackzillians influence. They are a top team with great coaches and facilities.

4379008-drinks-can-with-the-union-jack-flag-on-it.jpg

charsace

The same could be said about Silva ducking Jones which is the fight every one wants except Anderson Silva.

Anderson has an obvious plan. Fight GSP first who would be the easier fight and bigger draw which would help build the hype for a Jones fight and maybe even a fight with Cain if Cain still has the belt. He's not scared of Jones. Anderson is just trying to make as much money as possible before retiring. That's why he won't fight a 185 contender except for Sonnen, Vitor and Bisping. The 3 guys I listed have names and can help with PPV buys.

Lombard? Weidman deserves a shot way more than Lombard.

Rockhold vs Weidman for #1 contender

I'm still not convinced on Weidmen. He's only had what? 10 pro fights? I'd like to see him built up a bit more. He's only 1 fight removed from his awful showing vs Maia.

The same could be said about Silva ducking Jones which is the fight every one wants except Anderson Silva.

To put the Money strategy aside.. Jones is already a HW Height and Reach in a LHW division. Mix in that Jones is in his prime while Anderson is getting older and it makes no sense for Anderson to take a Jones fight anytime before his last contracted fight.

GSP and Silva are closer in Height, Weight, Reach, Age and Name Recognition. It just makes more sense.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Well there goes UFC's marketing for Bisping v Silva, which was an easy sell for promoting.

I guess I'd like to see this for the middleweight division should they grant Weidman a title shot against Silva:

Vitor Belfort v Luke Rockhold
Michael Bisping v Alan Belcher
Ronaldo Souza v Costa Philippou
Cung Le v Tim Kennedy
Lorenz Larkin v Francis Carmont
Rich Franklin v Mark Munoz
Roger Gracie v CB Dollaway
Ronny Markes v Nick Ring
Tim Boestch v Rousimar Palhares

BSsBrolly

Banned
To put the Money strategy aside.. Jones is already a HW Height and Reach in a LHW division. Mix in that Jones is in his prime while Anderson is getting older and it makes no sense for Anderson to take a Jones fight anytime before his last contracted fight.

GSP and Silva are closer in Height, Weight, Reach, Age and Name Recognition. It just makes more sense.

What? Silva and Jones are way closer in height and weight than GSP and Silva...

Edit: GSP walks around 190 lbs at 5' 10"
Silva walks around 220 lbs at 6' 1"
Jones walks around 220 lbs at something like 6' 2"

charsace

Well there goes UFC's marketing for Bisping v Silva, which was an easy sell for promoting.

I guess I'd like to see this for the middleweight division should they grant Weidman a title shot against Silva:

Vitor Belfort v Luke Rockhold
Michael Bisping v Alan Belcher
Ronaldo Souza v Costa Philippou
Cung Le v Tim Kennedy
Lorenz Larkin v Francis Carmont
Rich Franklin v Mark Munoz
Roger Gracie v CB Dollaway
Ronny Markes v Nick Ring
Tim Boestch v Rousimar Palhares

Weidman won't get a shot against Anderson. Even the guys behind the scenes at the UFC want Anderson vs GSP. GSP is scared though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
And people thought I was crazy because I boosted a 2nd round T/KO for Belfort.

Sorry for missing the Chat, bros, I was too drunk last night and needed a long lie in.

Caspel

Weidman won't get a shot against Anderson. Even the guys behind the scenes at the UFC want Anderson vs GSP. GSP is scared though.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell the UFC is going to do for the next contender for Anderson. Perhaps Lombard if he beats Okami? Cung Le? Rockhold to combine titles? Not much there with Bisping once again failing to earn himself a title shot.

And people thought I was crazy because I boosted a 2nd round T/KO for Belfort.

Sorry for missing the Chat, bros, I was too drunk last night and needed a long lie in.

Everyone thought I was a delusional PRIDE NEVER DIE fanboy because I said Vitor would KO Bisping. I've been saying since that fight was first announced that it was an awful match up for Mike.

What? Silva and Jones are way closer in height and weight than GSP and Silva...

Edit: GSP walks around 190 lbs at 5' 10"
Silva walks around 220 lbs at 6' 1"
Jones walks around 220 lbs at something like 6' 2"

Jones is listed* at 6'4"

I'm not going to bother arguing "walk around" weight because there's nothing accurate about it.

All you have to do is look at each fighter in comparison to their opponents. The difference between Jones and the rest of the LHW division is noticably much larger than the difference between Silva and the rest of the MW division. GSP is average height to possibly a bit small for WW but he's noticeably larger built than the whole WW division.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He trains at Blackzillians now and all of those guys show up big for their fights. Vitor hadn't really thrown kicks in a while and now in his last two fights he's throwing them a lot and tonight he set up a ko off of kicks. Its the Blackzillians influence. They are a top team with great coaches and facilities.

imaX0e3zJBXuu.gif

industrian

Yeah, I don't know what the hell the UFC is going to do for the next contender for Anderson. Perhaps Lombard if he beats Okami? Cung Le? Rockhold to combine titles? Not much there with Bisping once again failing to earn himself a title shot.

Rockhold wants Philippou, but I see him being put straight into a title fight now. The UFC was riding on Bisping pretty hard to win this fight and challenge Silva.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Jones is listed* at 6'4"

I'm not going to bother arguing "walk around" weight because there's nothing accurate about it.

All you have to do is look at each fighter in comparison to their opponents. The difference between Jones and the rest of the LHW division is noticably much larger than the difference between Silva and the rest of the MW division. GSP is average height to possibly a bit small for WW but he's noticeably larger built than the whole WW division.

Right, GSP isn't a large WW. Silva is a large MW. He's as big as a LHW. Look at him compared to Bonar or James Irvin. He's the same size! He's way closer to Jones in size...

Edit: Jones is TALLER than a lot of LHW not bigger.

charsace

Cung Le I can see because he's a big name. If Bisping would have one he would have definitely gotten the title shot. I believe Anderson told the UFC that he only wants fights against guys that will draw or a super fight against GSP. If Anderson gets GSP fight and wins he will start calling out Jones. Then if he wins that he will probably call out the HW champ. And then he would retire after that fight. The problem is that GSP doesn't want to fight him.

Anderson talked a ton of shit in hopes that GSP would fight him after the MW unification fight. GSP is gonna fight Diaz instead. So at this rate GSP/Anderson won't happen.

If UFC wants to build up Bisping again they need to match him with guys that won't KO him.

Costa
Boestch
Belchar
Paulhares

Those fights are all very winnable for him.

Caspel

Rockhold wants Philippou, but I see him being put straight into a title fight now. The UFC was riding on Bisping pretty hard to win this fight and challenge Silva.

So here's a question to many: if you are Rockhold, would you accept the bid to fight Anderson as your first match to get that guaranteed shot (and potential PPV money) or would you want a warm-up match to get rid of any jitters?

charsace

Jones is listed* at 6'4"

He's crazy. Anderson was 203 for the fight with Bonner and still had a slight spare tire.

industrian

If UFC wants to build up Bisping again they need to match him with guys that won't KO him.

Costa
Boestch
Belchar
Paulhares

Those fights are all very winnable for him.

He's never being built up again. He's going to quietly sink in to the high-level gatekeeper role he's perfect for and be trotted out every time there's a event in England.

So here's a question to many: if you are Rockhold, would you accept the bid to fight Anderson as your first match to get that guaranteed shot (and potential PPV money) or would you want a warm-up match to get rid of any jitters?

And get Boetsch'd? No thanks.

charsace

Cung Le in a title fight? In 2013?

Cung Le wins his next fight I could see it happening. He's a name and he's popular in the Asian community. Dude has a bigger following that Weidman. There's no real reward for Anderson in fighting Weidman. Weidman is another Nate and Leites, a guy that has shown he's a good fighter, but won't help sell the PPV and fatten Anderson's purse.

industrian

Well he doesn't have much wear n tear and would be a fun stand up fight for at least 1 round. Better than the thought of Costa being a contender.

For all the trouble Cung would pose Silva, they may as well give Steve Lombardi a title shot. Both matches would be of a similar outcome.

Then again I shouldn't be giving the UFC any ideas.

There's no real reward for Anderson in fighting Weidman. Weidman is another Nate and Leites.

And Cung is the most atypical example of a one dimensional fighter you can find. Combined with his age and recent record I'm in awe that anyone is putting him near title contention. Glorified exhibition fight maybe - because that's what it would effectively be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom