• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

For all the trouble Cung would pose Silva, they may as well give Steve Lombardi a title shot. Both matches would be of a similar outcome.

Then again I shouldn't be giving the UFC any ideas.

If Steve could help Anderson get the PPV over half million buys he would have a chance of getting a title shot.

Right, GSP isn't a large WW. Silva is a large MW. He's as big as a LHW. Look at him compared to Bonar or James Irvin. He's the same size! He's way closer to Jones in size...

Edit: Jones is TALLER than a lot of LHW not bigger.

Silva isn't a large MW at all. He's got a slight reach advantage in most cases but nothing as major as what Jones has on the LHW division. Silva isn't a muscular build either.

I never insinuated Jones was more muscular. I specifically said he had Height and Reach. The only reason Jones is in LHW is because he's young and weighs less naturally than most fighters his Height and Build.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I take it we're waiting for drug test results before MMA GAF ratifies the "Vitor's Back" legislation?

BSsBrolly

Banned
Silva isn't a large MW at all. He's got a slight reach advantage in most cases but nothing as major as what Jones has on the LHW division. Silva isn't a muscular build either.

I never insinuated Jones was more muscular. I specifically said he had Height and Reach. The only reason Jones is in LHW is because he's young and weighs less naturally than most fighters his Height and Build.

GSP does have a muscular build and he's still not the largest WW. Silva is bigger than most MWs. He's damn tall too.

Jones is skinny as hell for a LHW. Look at his legs for fucks sake. He's tall and that's it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I have an eternal place in my heart for the "Jones is successful only because he's bigger/longer than everyone else in the division." Because as we all know, Kendall Grove is the most dominant middleweight of all time.

BSsBrolly

Banned
20110616051712_brazilian_fighters2_JPG_large_display_image.jpg

Look at Silva next to Shogun and Little Nog. He's bigger than Shogun...

Edit: that may be Big Nog, I cannot honestly tell.

gsp_silva-side-by-side.jpg

GSP and silva for comparison

jon-jones-and-anderson-silva_3317433.jpg

Edit again: fuck jones seems to be just as big to Silva as Silva is to GSP.

GSP does have a muscular build and he's still not the largest WW. Silva is bigger than most MWs. He's damn tall too.

Jones is skinny as hell for a LHW. Look at his legs for fucks sake. He's tall and that's it.

Jones is tall and athletic as hell. Wait til Jones hits 28-30 years old and you'll see him move up (if not before then due to lack of comp in LHW). Jones is a natural HW. Quit trying to act otherwise. Silva is a natural MW. He's talented enough to do well at LHW but he's a MW.

And the only WW comparable to GSP's build is Thiago Alves and that dude has serious issues making weight. Btw GSP is listed* at 5'11".

I have an eternal place in my heart for the "Jones is successful only because he's bigger/longer than everyone else in the division." Because as we all know, Kendall Grove is the most dominant middleweight of all time.

I'm saying though! Jones has height/reach/youth and athleticism on his side against Silva. The two aren't at relative stages in their lives, physical builds or careers. That Silva v. GSP fight makes much more sense.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Jones is tall and athletic as hell. Wait til Jones hits 28-30 years old and you'll see him move up (if not before then due to lack of comp in LHW). Jones is a natural HW. Quit trying to act otherwise. Silva is a natural MW. He's talented enough to do well at LHW but he's a MW.

And the only WW comparable to GSP's build is Thiago Alves and that dude has serious issues making weight. Btw GSP is listed* at 5'11".

I'm saying though! Jones has height/reach/youth and athleticism on his side against Silva. The two aren't at relative stages in their lives, physical builds or careers. That Silva v. GSP fight makes much more sense.

Im not saying jones wont be a HW. He will. Thiago Silva is way thicker than GSP. They cannot be compared. GSP is taller and much leaner. He has a broad back and it makes him appear much larger than he is. Silva is a big MW. Look at him in comparison to any LHW outside if Jon Jones and maybe Gustufson. He's the same size, if not bigger.

GSP is shorter than I am. Look we have weight classes for a reason. Only a select few can actually fight in more than one class. Let's get back to what matters. Silva is ducking Weidman.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That shop is like 5+ years old. This is totally real too.
viJnIRp.jpg

That doesn't mean it isn't accurate. It's not like they're actually the same height or something lol.
Did I say they were the same height? The pic is useless because it's not accurate.

Q7iHKyq.jpg

Clearly Cruz should be taking on Silva for the 185 belt.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Not only that but the stats I can find show GSP AT 5' 10" and Silva at 6' 2"

Jones is 6' 4" apparently.

That still places silva closer to jones height wise. Not to mention walk around weight, which is here say. Though we have accounts from fighters themselves which points to closer weight between Jones and Silva than GSP to Silva.

That doesn't mean it isn't accurate. It's not like they're actually the same height or something lol.

The angle at which both fighters where photographed makes all the difference actually since we're looking at a visual comparison.. so the fact that it's shop means it can't possibly be accurate. Either way it doesn't mess with my point at all.

How many fights does Silva have contracted at this point anyways? 2 or 3?

Not only that but the stats I can find show GSP AT 5' 10" and Silva at 6' 2"

Jones is 6' 4" apparently.

That still places silva closer to jones height wise. Not to mention walk around weight, which is here say. Though we have accounts from fighters themselves which points to closer weight between Jones and Silva than GSP to Silva.

UFC.com lists GSP at 5'11' but that doesn't refute your point. And again.. "walk around weight" means nothing even with accounts from the fighters themselves because it can fluctuate. The best comparisons are the time-of-fight Weights.

alr1ght

How many fights does Silva have contracted at this point anyways? 2 or 3?

Apparently 10. He'll probably end up like Liddell by the end of it.

Is there actually any real pics of them together?

GSP is here
super7.jpg

but I can't find a pic of everyone standing.

BSsBrolly

Banned
That's the only pic I could find too. I swear there was one with all of them standing but I can't find one with GSP in it... He's the only one missing.

...it's a conspiracy!

Heel

We can split hairs all we want, it's accurate to the point that we all know Anderson is going to dwarf GSP in the octagon if they ever meet. If you can't come to grips with that you're in fanboy land.

alr1ght

look at Aldo eyeing Edgar. it's like they knew the day would come.

Lol. Yeah right. Aldo is so getting hurt before the fight.

And I remembered GSP and Aldo left that press conference early because they had fights on that show. That's why they're both missing from all the other pictures.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
We can split hairs all we want, it's accurate to the point that we all know Anderson is going to dwarf GSP in the octagon if they ever meet. If you can't come to grips with that you're in fanboy land.

He'd have a significant height and reach advantage, a much smaller weight advantage (assuming they forced his lazy ass down to a catchweight) and I'm of the opinion that the strength would either be a wash or in Georges' favour. Slippery St. Pierre just likes to claim that Silva is so much bigger that he'd have to take months off in order to properly gormandise himself for a fight.

Regardless, we all know that whatever scenario Canderson opts for against the smaller fighter he'd be doing it so he can set even more serpentine conditions should he ever actually fight Jones. He'll probably cut to 175 for GSP and argue for Jones to cut to 190.

I take it we're waiting for drug test results before MMA GAF ratifies the "Vitor's Back" legislation?

If he didn't pop for the Jones fight I don't think he'll pop now, unless he's done a Bonnar to burn in them sick cuts. Gotta have the complete package with hair like that.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Dream Sanchez said:
@vitorbelfort gives @bisping a slice of humble pie. #jesus #legend #my hero

We're going to need someone else to take up the Dawkins mantle now that Bisping has been disposed of like a can of Stella.

I want to see Weidman take the belt, but personally I think he needs to make himself more interesting.

Right now he just acts like any other champ wannabe.

Q7iHKyq.jpg

Clearly Cruz should be taking on Silva for the 185 belt.

Lol people demanding Silva vs Jones because Silva vs GSP isn't fair height wise. Gsp fans are funny. Meanwhile somehow he HAS to fight the biggest guy of them all.

Anyway, honestly? I truly believe Cain would legit murder Jones, and I actually do think that Silva would style his ass.

Dysun

If Vitor was being pressed he might well have gassed. They did nothing but circle each other for 3 of the first 5 mins in Round 1 and it was over pretty fast in Round 2

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friend cumbr i am not liking all the trigger holding in this game. Also the dodging is really wish washy. Why are there moves that arent roll cancelable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom