• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Did charsace just pick against Machida?

ixRxL1kgTk7tx.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Yo Cap, how 'bout dem Ninaaaaas?

Also a belated LOLOL to the Count out for the count last night. Vitor is great, just has been around since MMA dark ages, but still compiles wins and isn't just around on name seniority like so many hanging around. He's like the anti-Tito.

Yo Cap, how 'bout dem Ninaaaaas?

Also a belated LOLOL to the Count out for the count last night. Vitor is great, just has been around since MMA dark ages, but still compiles wins and isn't just around on name seniority like so many hanging around. He's like the anti-Tito.

I think my avatar and name speaks for me on my feelings about the Niners.

ShaneB

Well without any sort of standard ranking system or any sort of idea about potential fights, it should be obvious to fighters that they should take initiative to call out their own fights.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Vitor said that Chael didn't deserve a shot at Jones because he's a middleweight who got knocked out by Anderson. I would love to believe he was being self deprecating, but given that he seemed almost bemused when explaining that Joe Silva was sick of being name dropped by soulless cans and instead wanted them to show some initiative for once, I'm going to guess he wasn't.

muddream

Banned
Well without any sort of standard ranking system or any sort of idea about potential fights, it should be obvious to fighters that they should take initiative to call out their own fights.

There needs to be a clause against calling out Bisping, tho.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
lol @ Fox not saying which world championship Johnson vs. Dodson is.

Johnson vs. Dodson
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

They hate having this fight as a main event, it's so obvious.

Unless this fight is actually good (lol) this is the last time this division headlines an event. Their next title fights will be co-main behind women's championship fights on FX.

That and a Dodson victory represents the only hope the division has for the future.

Joe Silva's getting lazy. And personally I don't blame him now that he has the Strikeforce vending machine to empty out.

Got that God of War Ascension pre-order in. Need to put one in for The Last of Us too.

EDIT: Chamber - loving the Melanie Laurent avatars

LMFAO. How can ANYBODY favor Evans in a remach with Machida. A fighter with amazing TDD and fast hands is Evans kryptonite. Evans has no chance in hell vs Ryu, a rematch would look just like Machida vs Bader at best. Waste of a fight for Ryu. Evans has no shot at getting him down too. The only reason Jones got him down was because of how big he is.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Well at least he was laid out by Rampage, Shogun, Evans and Franklin. Not as bad as getting laid out by Murr, Fraud, Zaga and an overweight TUF hobo.

It could have been worse. He could have been annihilated by a Brazilian freakshow before being KO'd by a fat middleweight before pathetically sliding into a retirement can-crushing circus.

Went to see Zero Dark Thirty last night. I'm not sure how it was because the theater experience itself was so fucking torture. First with no indication on the time listing, this turned out to be a RPX showing, which is a few $ more to have the volume turned up to 22. I've never gone to one before but I guess this is Loudness War, theater edition. I had a headache immediately during the previews and it never went away.

When chins go they really go. Chuck wand and cc all probably got some heavy duty brain damage

I don't think Wand's is as bad. He only got KO'd twice since 2007 by Rampage and Leben. No shame in Page KOing you with a clean shot and the Leben fight was just due to a ridiculous game plan. WHY would he just lock up with him like that? He also took some nice shots from Chuck, Le and Franklin. Surprisingly his chin has held up pretty well all considering.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I don't think Wand's is as bad. He only got KO'd twice since 2007 by Rampage and Leben. No shame in Page KOing you with a clean shot and the Leben fight was just due to a ridiculous game plan. WHY would he just lock up with him like that? He also took some nice shots from Chuck, Le and Franklin. Surprisingly his chin has held up pretty well all considering.
Ya but wand has been dropped or on Spacey highway several times in the ufc. He's been rocked in pretty much every fight outside jardine.

Ya but wand has been dropped or on Spacey highway several times in the ufc. He's been rocked in pretty much every fight outside jardine.

You gotta remember that Wand never really had that good of chin even in his prime. Never had an Arlovski chin but its a faaaaaar cry from Hendo's or Nogueira

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fuel to Become Fox Sports 2; FX Will No Longer Carry Sports

Fox Sports will debut a second 24-hour sports network this summer.

News Corporation will convert the Fuel cable network into general sports channel ‘Fox Sports 2′ this August, Sports Business Journal reported Monday. The launch of Fox Sports 2 will coincide with the conversion of Speed Channel to Fox Sports 1.

Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 will be the chief outlets for News Corp. sports programming. FX, which aired college football coverage the past two seasons and previously televised baseball and NASCAR, will no longer carry sporting events. Fox Soccer is expected to be converted into a general entertainment channel.

Currently, Fuel is in 37.6 million television homes — over 43 million fewer than Speed Channel (81.0M). Fox Soccer (42.3M) is actually in more homes than Fuel.

Hmm. All FX events relegated to Fox Sport 2 (aka Fuel)? Numbering is going to get weird. UFC on Fox Sports 2 13.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Are they going to make it HD on Uverse? I can't go back to watching sports on SD. It's like GSP came over and got too friendly and put KY on my glasses.

Heel

In before UFC on FOX Sports 2 2

Seriously, any UFC card is bigger than anything they had going on Speed TV. Just put it all on one channel.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
For a guy known for his knockout power Rampage hasn't KOed many people with his punches. Last one was 4 years ago. I think he has 7 or 8.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
This Ultimate was fun, good fights all around.

Maybe I should try to go to Gus vs Gegard when they come to Stockholm again.

Went to see Zero Dark Thirty last night. I'm not sure how it was because the theater experience itself was so fucking torture. First with no indication on the time listing, this turned out to be a RPX showing, which is a few $ more to have the volume turned up to 22. I've never gone to one before but I guess this is Loudness War, theater edition. I had a headache immediately during the previews and it never went away.
They charge more to turn the volume up?

lol

oh wait, http://voices.yahoo.com/a-movie-experience-rpx-regal-premium-experience-5992600.html?cat=15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom