• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocop really couldn't do what Miocic did in his fight with Nelson?

Roy has to be the most predictable HW on the roster. You can see his two one punch combo from a mile away. Its just so telegraphed at this point and his gas tank makes Hunt look like Edgar.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Made a XBoned gif.

ijkbicey0tcw75kk45.gif

Heel

GLORY 9 New York this Saturday

Light Heavyweight Tournament
-Danyo Ilunga vs. Mourad Bouzidi
-Brian Collette vs. Dustin Jacoby
-Filip Verlinden vs. Steve McKinnon
-Tyrone Sp*ng vs. Michael Duut

Super Fights
-Daniel Ghita vs. Brice Guidon
-Rico Verhoeven vs. Errol Zimmerman
-Joseph Valtellini vs. Francois Ambang
-Brett Hlavcek vs. Paul Marfort
-Daniel Sam vs. Anderson "Braddock" Silva
-Wayne Barrett vs. Mike LeMaire
-Artem Vakhitov vs. Luis Tavares

Preliminary Card
-Nick Pace vs. Levan Makashvili
-Chris Mauceri vs. Niko Tsigaras
-Andrew Ball vs. James Smith Jr.
-Andrea Seangelo vs. Laura Byrnds

You guys in NYC should go out and support a kickboxing card in the U.S. that doesn't suck. Hell, you might even get to see Sp*ng legit kill Dustin Jacoby.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Super Fights

Preliminary Card

You guys in NYC should go out and support a kickboxing card in the U.S. that doesn't suck. Hell, you might even get to see Sp*ng legit kill Dustin Jacoby.

Only tickets left are the GA's in the boonies for 81 bucks. Might as well watch a stream.

Boogie

I wish UFC or the commission would do something about this pressing up against the cage tactic that Shileds and Evans love to exploit. Its far worse than LnP because at least when someone is getting LnP they get in some decent GnP and there is a chance of getting subbed. But this grinding on the cage tactic is just weak pitter patter shots and its just painfully boring. It is exploiting the rules at its absolute worst and really sucks the air out of the crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good grappling fight when both fighters are activity going for subs. Saku/Newton as a prime example on how to grapple fight

Agreed.

Which was why Cormier did not impress me vs. Mir. Oh, you can hold him against the cage for three rounds? Congratu-fucking-lations.

dream

So WWE is putting on a Brock vs. Punk (CM, not Josh) fight next month. Will it do more buys than Anderson vs Wildman Weidman? I think it's time for a bet where the loser has to make a twerk video.

muddream

Banned

Super Fights

Preliminary Card

A lot of hitters on that card.

lol@Tyrone not being content with just punching Remy into retirement, he'll drop down to keep his student, #1 ranked LHW Ilunga, from finally winning that title.

Nintendo fans are amazing. Mario Kart best looking next gen game, Wii U sales will pick up... but diminishing returns, and Xbone and Ps4 will bomb as hard or harder than the Wii U because of the economy.

They are so special.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo fans are amazing. Mario Kart best looking next gen game, Wii U sales will pick up... but diminishing returns, and Xbone and Ps4 will bomb as hard or harder than the Wii U because of the economy.

They are so special.

Mario Kart needs to be taken out back and shot and buried, Sega's got kart racing down to perfection

FACE

Banned

They are so special.

I demand links.

Edit: Y'all should buy Jagged Alliance 2, it's on sale at GOG.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I demand links.

That was a fun game. Too bad about the repeated attempts at remakes being absolute dog shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I demand links.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511628&page=134

There's a lot of hilarity and contradictions in there. Bayonetta to Bayonetta 2 is a generational leap. The Division is possible on Wii U at 720p/30fps. PS4/Wii U comparison is similar to Xbox/PS2 comparison.

These dudes have lost their shit. I'm seriously baffled by the people who think Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. are graphically impressive games.

It looks good in a Ratchet and Clank on Ps3 kind of way. An extra bling here and there, but that's where it stops.

Funny though, to see the behavior. Face there would be too many links, just read over the NPD stuff and the Nintendo turning it around stuff. "It will start selling better than the Gamecube when these ips that were all on the Gamecube, launch for the Wii U".

Wind Waker HD is supposedly a system seller for christ sakes.

Does anyone know if there's just an audio source for MMA Hour episodes? I'd like to listen to the Couture/Pettis segments but can't watch the video.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
you don't think mario kart looks good?

It looks very clean and colorful and offers a nice image compared to most PS3/360 games. I have to draw a line though when one says MK8 was the most visually impressive game of E3, especially when this particular group is the main proponent of diminishing returns in PS4/X1 games.

ShaneB

Does anyone know if there's just an audio source for MMA Hour episodes? I'd like to listen to the Couture/Pettis segments but can't watch the video.

Tsk tsk Mak. I found the podcasts on iTunes in like 3 seconds :p

edit: also, the cycle continues. Wah wah, graphics this graphics that, my game looks better than the game you like! Wah wah *shrug*

I'm at work and can't use iTunes (guess I should've specified). Oh well no biggy, I can wait till I get home and dl them and just listen to them tomorrow.

ShaneB

I'm at work and can't use iTunes (guess I should've specified). Oh well no biggy, I can wait till I get home and dl them and just listen to them tomorrow.

Ah ok, yeah, I'm just seeing video on the site, with no mention of audio, but there they are on itunes.

Also, Jerry is uping his culture points since I noticed he is using Goodreads, spend more time in the "now reading" thread! :p

Next

It looks very clean and colorful and offers a nice image compared to most PS3/360 games. I have to draw a line though when one says MK8 was the most visually impressive game of E3, especially when this particular group is the main proponent of diminishing returns in PS4/X1 games.

I dunno, I can see someone saying that because of the artstyle alone. I think the problem is really the system wars where you have to knock down every system that's not your favorite. I don't understand why people do that but oh well.

Ah ok, yeah, I'm just seeing video on the site, with no mention of audio, but there they are on itunes.

Also, Jerry is uping his culture points since I noticed he is using Goodreads, spend more time in the "now reading" thread! :p

Speaking of reading, I'm absolutely loving Caliban's War. Love the touches of Dead Space. I really needed a book like this after slogging through American Tabloid.

You're done with the series now, right?

ShaneB

Speaking of reading, I'm absolutely loving Caliban's War. Love the touches of Dead Space. I really needed a book like this after slogging through American Tabloid.

You're done with the series now, right?

Well I would've said yes since I finished Abaddon's Gate and thought it was just a trilogy, but they signed on for 3 more books of the series to finish their overall story idea, and 5 short novella's, so there's lots of content coming, which is great, because I loved every book. Each book has felt very different too. Glad to hear you're loving it.

I read a lot I just don't use Goodreads.

All foreign fighters may be banned from UFC on Fox 1 card? Whaaaaaaaa? Don't do it!

Well I would've said yes since I finished Abaddon's Gate and thought it was just a trilogy, but they signed on for 3 more books of the series to finish their overall story idea, and 5 short novella's, so there's lots of content coming, which is great, because I loved every book. Each book has felt very different too. Glad to hear you're loving it.

Nice. I'm all for that. Unless things take a drastic turn I dont want to leave this 'universe' for awhile.

dream

THERE'S BIGGER NEWS!!!

Benson is reporting:

“Per Jackie, effective immediately, fighters and talent traveling on press tours and PR/marketing-related appearances are no longer permitted to wear shorts or flip flops. Jeans are acceptable and shoes are a must.”

Fucking finally. I hope the next step is to mandate that fighters all wear suits at post-fight press conferences.

Vio-Lence

Banned
THERE'S BIGGER NEWS!!!

Benson is reporting:

Fucking finally. I hope the next step is to mandate that fighters all wear suits at post-fight press conferences.

Putting mma fighters in suits is like silk scarves on pigs. These aren't elite athletes. These are joes fighting for 5/5.

dream

Putting mma fighters in suits is like silk scarves on pigs. These aren't elite athletes. These are joes fighting for 5/5.

While I agree with you (I did coin the "no employable skills" phrase, after all), I think the Ultimate should at least present the illusion of professionally. Nothing bothers me more than watching a "world champion" stroll into a press conference wearing a Papa John's Pizza t-shirt.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Abaddon's Gate probably next on my to-read pile. Finishing up the Midkemia Saga at the moment. Feels kinda weird that two series I've been reading for close to 20 years are finishing in the same year.

Heel

While I agree with you (I did coin the "no employable skills" phrase, after all), I think the Ultimate should at least present the illusion of professionally. Nothing bothers me more than watching a "world champion" stroll into a press conference wearing a Papa John's Pizza t-shirt.

So now they'll be forced to wear a pair of holey Affliction dragon jeans, the Vibram FiveFingers they use at practice and a Papa John's Pizza t-shirt?

muddream

Banned

I strongly disagree! We're talking about people with terrible taste in general, who can't afford a stylist and would look like shit in a suit anyway because of being outrageously ugly/disfigured, out of shape, 5'4 or dat HGH gut.

Turning MMA into anything more than a sick spectacle will be the downfall of the UFC.

It looks good in a Ratchet and Clank on Ps3 kind of way. An extra bling here and there, but that's where it stops.

Funny though, to see the behavior. Face there would be too many links, just read over the NPD stuff and the Nintendo turning it around stuff. "It will start selling better than the Gamecube when these ips that were all on the Gamecube, launch for the Wii U".

Wind Waker HD is supposedly a system seller for christ sakes.

they couldn't even throw in the extra dungeons they cut. smh

dream

I strongly disagree! We're talking about people with terrible taste in general, who can't afford a stylist and would look like shit in a suit anyway because of being outrageously ugly/disfigured, out of shape, 5'4 or dat HGH gut.

Turning MMA into anything more than a sick spectacle will be the downfall of the UFC.

Which is interesting, because Benson says that Dana personally picked out a new wardrobe for him! I'm assuming Dana knows that if he left Benson to his own devices, he'd end up looking like this:

SacredHeartofJesus-BlackJesus.jpg

I think the Ultimate should yank pre-fight injury health insurance coverage for their fighters and get each contracted athlete a personal stylist instead.

ShaneB

I read a lot I just don't use Goodreads.

I like Goodreads mainly as a hub for what I'm reading and browsing lists and whatnot and finding new stuff.

Nice. I'm all for that. Unless things take a drastic turn I dont want to leave this 'universe' for awhile.

Same, I absolutely love the characters and was glad to hear it's going to expand (pun intended) beyond the 3 books. So I'm hoping the releases keep coming yearly, I could see this series into a yearly reread for me. You really should read CyberStorm next, I am loving it, and it's terrifying in a very realistic way.

Why do we care that human cockfighters dress nicely? Especially when the President of the company dresses like he lives in a dorm.

Same, I absolutely love the characters and was glad to hear it's going to expand (pun intended) beyond the 3 books. So I'm hoping the releases keep coming yearly, I could see this series into a yearly reread for me. You really should read CyberStorm next, I am loving it, and it's terrifying in a very realistic way.

I probably will. I purchased it after I saw your post. Sounds like it could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom