• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Still not sold on Weidman. Looked good in the first round but failed his first 2 take downs and looked like he was going to gas soon. Fight told me pretty much nothing other than the fact that Andersons chin isn't as godly as Hendos. TRT Vitor must be in his glory now.

I think the only division that isn't volatile is Light Heavyweight.

But...GSP could be in trouble with Hendricks. But I'm not sure how I feel about Hendrick's wrestling vs. GSP's godly takedown/grinding. I also like Pierre's jab/stand up (though Hendricks obviously has knock out power).

After Can smashes junior again the HW division will be on lock down

Overeem - If he can finally look impressive
Barnett - Looked great his last night. Lets see how he looks vs Mir
Werdum - Might be able to submit him
DC- Not fighting Cain

The champ would obviously be the favorite but has some interesting fights.

Mir/Cain PPV will happen in 2014.

Oh God, no. There's no way (never say never). He's riding a losing streak.

Hopefully, Barnett extends it. The HW division is not on lock. Cain is definitely a favorite though. He really showed his stuff in his last bout with Dos Santos. If he wins the rematch, the UFC definitely has a few interesting matchups.

Honestly, I don't see Henderson, Mighty Mouse, Cain, Rousey having long reigns. GSP, Aldo and Jones are the only ones who really sort of cleaned out their divisions (but obviously there are contenders coming up thanks to Strike Force absorption, etc).

TheChits

Friends Heel and Grim, I hope you tuned in to watch Curleh Mustache yesterday. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Best tournament in forever
ibixTfreIiFuBq.gif

For a guy that was gassed, Weidman sure did evade every single thing Silva tried to do and then unloaded with a pretty nice combo. I'd say his addrenaline got to him after the initial takedown, that's about it.

This guy with apperantly little in terms of striking has now knocked out two dudes in a row.

For a guy that was gassed, Weidman sure did evade every single thing Silva tried to do and then unloaded with a pretty nice combo. I'd say his addrenaline got to him after the initial takedown, that's about it.

This guy with apperantly little in terms of striking has now knocked out two dudes in a row.

He knocked out TUF Season golden boy Uriah Hall too in 2010.

He's got a mixed bag of submissions, knock outs and decisions. The kid is obviously good. It's just the circumstances surrounding his victory. There'll always sort of always be a cloud.

If he doesn't face Anderson, then he needs to take on Okami, Belfort, Bisping. It's strange that we're in July, and he's not going to see any action until next year. They could've put him on the Rousey card to stack it.

And Munoz had a broken foot in that fight (though he obviously got caught).

BSsBrolly

Banned
Am I the only that noticed Silva was getting worked all the way up to the KO? He had nothing for Weidman, at least looked as if he didn't anyway. I loved that Weidman dropped his hands at one point and let Silva hit him!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Am I the only that noticed Silva was getting worked all the way up to the KO? He had nothing for Weidman, at least looked as if he didn't anyway. I loved that Weidman dropped his hands at one point and let Silva hit him!

yes. Silva had no look of concern whatsoever and just didn't attack. Instead he decided to dope around.

Yadda yadda "he does this in every fight" True but this was on another level and he usually just follows up with a nice counter. See Forrest, Okami and Bonnar. For some dumb reason he chose not to counter and just fool around.

I personally didn't think Weidman looked great either. Would like to see him fight Okami, Bisping, Belfort, Rockhold, Jacare, Franklin or even a rematch if Anderson actually wants to fight before I am sold on him.

Though its cool to see a local dude from Baldwin take the title.

Heel

Canderson's career is defined by his ability to "dope around" and create opportunities on the counter, a lot of the times from an opponent who is frustrated and reaching. If you want him to "get serious" you're also asking him to take away a large part of what has made him successful in the fight game against Joes with no technical boxing ability.

What about Weidman clowning Sliva by putting his head out towards him?

TheChits

Please link or context for this :)

The man licking his lips is a well known guy in the community who doesn't even play the game. He was excited because he was on the verge of eliminating the favorite to win the tourney and probably the second best player in the world. As you can see, that second best player was having a hard time dealing with the pressure lol

Read this article friends. Canderson exposed for crushing cans throughout his career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695987-ufc-162-how-chris-weidman-killed-the-king

Jack Slack with a great article as always

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Canderson's career is defined by his ability to "dope around" and create opportunities on the counter, a lot of the times from an opponent who is frustrated and reaching. If you want him to "get serious" you're also asking him to take away a large part of what has made him successful in the fight game against Joes with no technical boxing ability.

Friend heel i find the few amongst our numbers trying to diminish The Whiteman's victory over candy to be repugnant and shameful. The Whiteman was up on all stats leading up into the second round. Outside of a couple baby kicks candy landed nothing at all. The man got dusted like an old grandfather clock.

rinse82

Was walking to a meeting and Alexander Gustafsson randomly walked past me with his crew. Must be here doing some promo for the Sept fight.

Probably here for a photoshoot or something.

I work in Finance so this was totally out of nowhere lol

Heel

Friend heel i find the few amongst our numbers trying to diminish The Whiteman's victory over candy to be repugnant and shameful. The Whiteman was up on all stats leading up into the second round. Outside of a couple baby kicks candy landed nothing at all. The man got dusted like an old grandfather clock.

Denial is a coping mechanism for casual mixed martial fans who did not heed the warnings of those with expert knowledge, the budo brothers of "For" who saw this coming a mile away.

muddream

Banned
Those UFC-GAF posts explaining how Anderson was winning the fight because he was stuffing the takedowns (by keeping his hands low and not punching) were brilliant.

Jack Slack with a great article as always
Jack Slack is a pretentious hack and deserves ridicule:

1. Explained how flawed every aspect of Cain's standup is shortly before he beat the shit out of JDS standing, unironically citing fights from 2008.

2. Karate background.

3. Doesn't mention that the main reason Anderson's offense was completely useless against Weidman was the constant takedown threat & negation of reach.

Heel

Jack Slack is a pretentious hack and deserves ridicule:

1. Explained how flawed every aspect of Cain's standup is shortly before he beat the shit out of JDS standing, unironically citing fights from 2008.

I couldn't agree more, and brought up this specific point in the rematch OT. Attempting to break down old fight GIFs, especially someone who is still developing and learning on the fly like Cain, in an attempt to establish tendencies and a fight prediction is futile.

Jack Slack is right at home on Bleacher Report.

dream

So Dana says he might move Anderson vs. Wildman 2 on the new years show and move Ronda vs Miesha 2 to the Jersey show. Seems smart.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Silver is tired. No more. Chris the best. Thanks for you change the life of him and his family. Chris is the best.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why do I get the feeling Dana cried himself to sleep on Saturday night?

Denial is a coping mechanism for casual mixed martial fans who did not heed the warnings of those with expert knowledge, the budo brothers of "For" who saw this coming a mile away.

Budo Brothers of "For" might be the greatest thing I've heard today.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The real question is why a pro fighter didnt put out their lights in 3 fucking seconds. Or better yet diffuse the situation and get out of there. Good job getting a friend murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom