• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Ronda Rousey on the cover of Maxim apparently ...

iWrd848rhHNkm.JPG

Doesn't look much like her to me.

Nothing special. Should have been Brittney.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Most tattoo artists have an inflated sense of talent and self-worth, and portraits such as these speak to my assertion. I don't know how much currency exchanged hands for this tattoo but it was too much. If the world was merciful and just the tattoo artist would do their customers a favor by sticking to simpler affairs and basic flash while learning to draw on skin much better than they can do now.
That ridiculous strand of hair being made to look like a halo really annoys me. For starters it looks stupid and secondly it violates bad tattoo etiquette where a halo signifies some you care about who died.

I don't know why MMAFighting.com lets that other loser writer post the overnight ratings. Everybody knows, you want a ratings breakdown, you go to Dave Meltzer.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/3...ers-similar-to-two-weakest-shows-of-last-year

Interesting note:

On the flip side, the UFC on FOX show drew more viewers in the Adult 18-49 demographic (1.1 rating), as well as among Men 18-49 (1.6) and 18-34 (1.5) than any show on television on Saturday. It was also the highest-rated network television show in Males 18-34 of the weekend, and finished in eighth place in that demographic among network shows for the entire week.

The show gained significant audience from start-to-finish, but that is to be expected from an event of this type where the show builds to a main event on last.

FOX sells ads for the show largely based on the Male 18-49 number, since MMA is considered a strong target buy.

So the "ratings disaster" storyline was way overplayed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lowest rated Fox card yet, down 36% in ratings and 32% in total audience. Let's not spin this with the HUT numbers, playboy.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Speaking of getting paid, I've got a job interview tomorrow for an SEO/SEM gig.

I was beginning to enjoy being unemployed...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Accused Neo-Nazi Hooligan Benjamin Brinsa Signs With the UFC

brinsa_hooligans.jpg

Earlier this month, the UFC signed Benjamin “The Hooligan” Brinsa, a 13-0 welterweight prospect from Leipzig, Germany, who is slated to make his Octagon debut this fall. That name might not mean anything to you, but for followers of the German MMA scene, it carries some very negative connotations.

True to his nickname, Brinsa is a member of the Leipzig-based hooligan group Scenario LOK. Brinsa’s MMA team, La Familia, reportedly has connections to the local Neo-Nazi scene, and Brinsa himself used to help run a mail-order service for Neo-Nazi rock music.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
We interrupt this ogling of Hot Rod Rousey for a REMINDER, BELLATOR IS ON TONIGHT

Tonight's Bellator Russia Report
russian_flag.gif

-Andrey "I'm nicknamed 'Spartan' because I killed them all" Koreshkov vs Ben "as boring as he is ugly" Askren for the welterweight championship.
-Vitaly "I don't need a nickname, I'm god-damned Russian" Minakov vs Ryan "waiting next to the phone for Joe Silva's call" Martinez in the heavyweight tournament final. If Minakov wins, there will be an all-Russian heavyweight championship bout for the first time in American MMA history.

Be there comrades to witness the execution of the pig-dog-in-a-blanket Ben Asken and Russian MMA history being made (outside of the G.O.A.T. Fedor of course)!

It feels so good to write one of these for the first time in months and actually look forward to an MMA card, also the first time in months!

^Can't see the image here at work. But I assume its a cute picture of Hot Rod without make up and it proves my point.

We interrupt this ogling of Hot Rod Rousey for a REMINDER, BELLATOR IS ON TONIGHT

russian_flag.gif

-Andrey "I'm nicknamed 'Spartan' because I killed them all" Koreshkov vs Ben "as boring as he is ugly" Askren for the welterweight championship.
-Vitaly "I don't need a nickname, I'm god-damned Russian" Minakov vs Ryan "waiting next to the phone for Joe Silva's call" Martinez in the heavyweight tournament final. If Minakov wins, there will be an all-Russian heavyweight championship bout for the first time in American MMA history.

Be there comrades to witness the execution of the pig-dog-in-a-blanket Ben Asken and Russian MMA history being made (outside of the G.O.A.T. Fedor of course)!

It feels so good to write one of these for the first time in months and actually look forward to an MMA card, also the first time in months!

Ryan "Check out my impression of a statue" Martinez

Vio-Lence

Banned
It just came to my attention that black culture gaf has it's very own podcast. MMA-GAF needs to step up its game, but at the same time it's difficult to generate enthusiasm for this floundering sport.

MjFrancis

That ridiculous strand of hair being made to look like a halo really annoys me. For starters it looks stupid and secondly it violates bad tattoo etiquette where a halo signifies some you care about who died.
That's just the starting point of where that tattoo went wrong, too!

The Maxim cover picture is just as bad. They took a good picture and proceeded to alter it to the point where the subject is completely unrecongnizable. I couldn't have possibly guessed who that woman was if it was posted anywhere else. At least that piss poor tattoo is clearly trying to portray Ronda Rousey.

Airburshing and photoshopping can go wrong in so many ways. Done right, I shouldn't be able to tell anything was done at all. It shouldn't look like a dull, flat computer generated image.

Looks like Sugar Rashad vs Belfort might be happening. And since its Belfort, I'm assuming that fight will take place in [Location that ends in vowel], Brazil.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It just came to my attention that black culture gaf has it's very own podcast. MMA-GAF needs to step up its game, but at the same time it's difficult to generate enthusiasm for this floundering sport.

Drm and I are willing to do a McKayla focused podcast if you want. We can talk about her new floor routine and another victory in the Vault competition.

FACE

Banned

russian_flag.gif

This post is much appreciated, comrade. I had no idea that Bellator was doing a show tonight.

I think a podcast by MMA-GAF would be mostly about things that aren't MMA, not unlike this thread.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Lowest rated Fox card yet, down 36% in ratings and 32% in total audience. Let's not spin this with the HUT numbers, playboy.

I've lost almost all interest. I may watch the Housey season of TUF, but if that fizzles, I may be out completely. It's just not fun any more.

muddream

Banned
So I'm watching that UFC World Tour Press Conference and some "reporter" "dude" with a lesbian voice begins his question with "You and Ronda have a sort of Ali-Frasier rivalry going on, or Ali-Foreman rivalry..."

camronr1u74.gif

ShaneB

I think a podcast by MMA-GAF would be mostly about things that aren't MMA, not unlike this thread.

I've wanted to have a voice chat session for a while with you folks, I figure if someone records it and calls it a podcast, that would be alright.

You should listen to the podcast. Some of those dudes are hilarious. I'm down for an MMA podcast.

So I wanted to add a minor in sociology but I can't because I have 91 units and the cut off is 90.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've lost almost all interest. I may watch the Housey season of TUF, but if that fizzles, I may be out completely. It's just not fun any more.

Let's be honest, brehs. Nerd chat > MMA. I'm not sure I'd still be watching if not for the chats that come with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom