• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as a gift to all of you nerds in celebration of gr1m's impending nuptials, I made this:

i2fAzbWMZnM4T.gif

Let it serve as a warning to all those who hit random stream links...

mmajunkie said:
Lembo will argue their case, in which the regulators want referees to instruct fighters that placing a finger tip on the canvas won't necessarily make them a downed fighter.

Fantastic

mmajunkie said:
"Referees should instruct the fighters that they may still be considered a standing fighter even if they have a finger or portion of the hand (or entire hand) on the canvas. In the discretion of the referee, a fighter who has a finger or hand on the canvas may still be legally struck in the head with knees and kicks. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is placing his or her finger or hand down without doing so for an offensive or countering maneuver in an attempt to advance or improve their position. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is instead simply trying to draw a foul. If the referee decides that the fighter is 'touching down' simply to benefit from a foul, the referee may consider that fighter a standing fighter and decide that no foul has occurred.

Horrible

brentech

Fantastic

Horrible
Might be bad all round.
Isn't the rule in place to prevent excessive damage to a fighter.

So now, it's still illegal, unless you are explicitly trying to avoid that damage, in which case you deserve to get injured.

It's an all or nothing thing. Don't act like you want to protect guys. Either do it, or don't.

They could make it so the ref can deduct points if they feel the fighter is gaming it

or

Change it to 4 points must touch the canvas for it to be illegal rather than 3 so the fighter must be at a sizable disadvantage if they want to avoid knees/kicks.

This Ref discretion as to whether the strike is legal makes no damn sense.

muddream

Banned
Might be bad all round.
Isn't the rule in place to prevent excessive damage to a fighter.

So now, it's still illegal, unless you are explicitly trying to avoid that damage, in which case you deserve to get injured.

It's an all or nothing thing. Don't act like you want to protect guys. Either do it, or don't.

It's one of those dumb concession rules like the 12 to 6 elbows. Footstomps I can understand, but there's no rational argument that explains why knees on the ground are inherently more damaging than those from the thai clinch.

It might lead to Rogan talking about how knee drops will be the next big move in the octagon, which could turn out to be disastrous for the impressionable youth who train UFC, but that's about it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
God damn i gotta shit like i just ate heels crumble. Its so irritating taking a dump at work. The walls are paper thin and the bathroom fan is busted. I dont have the cheek control necessary to finesse this.

Grims story reminds me of mine when the movie ended and everyone stormed the bathroom and I kept faerting without any intermission!

->Whole room busts out laughing
->everyone knew who it was

->everyone waited until I came out to laugh even more

bastards...

Yeah...it was a public cinema! :(

muddream

Banned
My strict adherence to the Dolce Diet & impressive workout routine keep me from experiencing excessive flatulence and stool issues, but I still manage to draw a lot of attention with my bad attitude.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Feeling extremely tired and sleepy but being unable to get to sleep is one of the worst feelings in the world. 5:57am here and take a guess. :/

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
What's worse is when you can't remember whether you were asleep or not during the 4+ hours you were in bed trying to sleep.

Oh well, I guess I should be thankful I'm unemployed. But it's still a day that'll be wasted due to me being zombified all day (I'm not going to exacerbate this shit by sleeping during the day and fucking up my sleeping patterns.)

muddream

Banned
What exactly is the Dolce Diet? I'm too cheap to buy the book.

It's nothing revolutionary. Eat food that's fresh and dense in nutrients instead of processed shit, every 2-4 hours with the portion size depending on what you've done and what you're about to do. Consume healthy fats like coconot & peanut oil, cut down on carbs in the evening, drink lots of water, cheat day, etc..

The 3 weeks to shredded is a short pamphlet is about getting as lean as possible before a weightcut, helpful for people who compete in sports with weightclasses. Overpriced, but there are other ways to get it..
I haven't read the Dolce Diet book, but apparently it's full of him talking about himself, getting motivated and his diet and training philosophy...seems to be aimed at stupid, fat Americans. You can figure out what it's about by listening to a few of his podcast episodes.
I bought his cookbook and there are some good meals in there, but the shopping and cooking is too time-consuming for it to be a daily thing unless you've got a housewife.

For me it's a really easy to get/stay lean during the summer months with a similar diet, as I naturally crave that kind of food and like doing cardio when it's hot outside. I like big meals and hate cardio when it's cold outside, so fuck Dolce & having abs during the wintertime. I still try to eat fresh for the most part, tho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
because I'm a dumbshit I thought it was Dulce Diet which involves eating lots of dulce de leche ice cream...mmm

The best HW in the world, Ryan Martinez, fights tomorrow.

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 7 p.m. ET)
Michael Chandler vs. David Rickels - for lightweight title
Ben Askren vs. Andrey Koreshkov - for welterweight title
Muhammed Lawal vs. Jacob Noe - Summer Series light-heavyweight tourney final
Ryan Martinez vs. Vitaly Minakov - Summer Series heavyweight tourney final
Jared Downing vs. Patricio Freire

Vio-Lence

Banned
Mayhem Miller said:
Dana White has killed the sport that you and i love. The refusal to build stars. The reward for standing and wanging. THE UNIFIED RULES, have all killed the sport of mixed martial arts. I come to you humbly, as a student and teacher of the mixed martial arts. A man that has never tapped out, or been knocked out in mixed martial arts competition and ask that you do not support a corporate monarchy that favors a mark in the Win column, over showcasing the ART of MMA.

Obviously, it behooves those with an interest in gambling on Ultimate Fighting to know who will most likely win and most likely lose a UFC match, so the current structure will remain until YOU, the Fan demand that these forces stop controlling Mixed Martial Arts.

I am Mayhem Miller, so i am well aware of what it is like to live on the opposite end of the coorporate power structure, with a lifetime record of 52-8-1 and a UFC record of 0-3. The men in UFC were never stronger than men i fought around the World, just the circumstances in which i fought them were more Extreme.

As a fan. I urge you...

When the next Big Thing hits, jump aboard-because with PPV sales slipping since 2009, and the executives at Fox watching these boring fights, if you are still a Dana shill, you are polishing the brass on the Cubicle Captain's Titanic. Don't let him kill our sport. I love it too much.

Sincerely,

The Mayhem Monkey

Jason Mayhem Miller

In hindsight did Spike win? It's got fantastic original content like Bar Rescue, and FOX is stuck with mediocre to awful Ultimate cards.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The best HW in the world, Ryan Martinez, fights tomorrow.

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 7 p.m. ET)
Michael Chandler vs. David Rickels - for lightweight title
Ben Askren vs. Andrey Koreshkov - for welterweight title
Muhammed Lawal vs. Jacob Noe - Summer Series light-heavyweight tourney final
Ryan Martinez vs. Vitaly Minakov - Summer Series heavyweight tourney final
Jared Downing vs. Patricio Freire
Tomorrow's Bellator card is stacked and looks better than what the Ultimate shitted out the past weekend, can't wait. I'll do a Russian Report later to remind our bretheren.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Rory MacDonald is on the radio here and seems pretty adamant he won't fight GSP, and there are other options

He wants to fight Condit
Someone should call him and tell him to not to worry because no one wants to see a snoozefest between two non-fighters and we all look forward to NBK ending the controversy from the first fight and smashing his head in with a headkick.

MjFrancis

Most tattoo artists have an inflated sense of talent and self-worth, and portraits such as these speak to my assertion. I don't know how much currency exchanged hands for this tattoo but it was too much. If the world was merciful and just the tattoo artist would do their customers a favor by sticking to simpler affairs and basic flash while learning to draw on skin much better than they can do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom