• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

It's funny, the people who fellate Anderson only want to see him fight bums who manage to lose to Wanderlei Silva in the Ultimate. Here I was thinking you'd realize how ridiculous the idea of Anderson fighting Cung is.

Yet you keep hyping some guy who's big win is over Mark freaking Munoz.

Weidman couldn't even beat Vitor I bet. Let the kid start on the Brazilian D list totem pole and beat someone with a pulse. Even guys like Wandy would be his biggest win.

charsace

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

It's funny, the people who fellate Anderson only want to see him fight bums who manage to lose to Wanderlei Silva in the Ultimate. Here I was thinking you'd realize how ridiculous the idea of Anderson fighting Cung is.

Cung fight shouldn't be on the table. It is though because Cung is a guy that can help get buys. PPV buys are what Anderson is after now since he will probably retire soon.

Heel

Cung fight shouldn't be on the table. It is though because Cung is a guy that can help get buys. PPV buys are what Anderson is after now since he will probably retire soon.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious to see why Anderson and Mickey are throwing out names like Cung Le and Luke Rockhold and hoping they stick with the public. Easy match-ups, easy paychecks.

TheNatural

My Member!
Yeah, it's pretty obvious to see why Anderson and Mickey are throwing out names like Cung Le and Luke Rockhold and hoping they stick with the public. Easy match-ups, easy paychecks.

Not as easy as fighting once in a year, beating a top 20 guy in your 9th fight ever, and waiting for everyone else actually fighting to lose, then crying about title shots for doing nothing. Nothing easier than that.

Heel

Not as easy as fighting once in a year, beating a top 20 guy in your 9th fight ever, and waiting for everyone else actually fighting to lose, then crying about title shots for doing nothing. Nothing easier than that.

Would Cung Le beat Chris Weidman yes or not

I agree, Cung Le has been more impressive than Weidman has been. Beating Franklin and Cote was much better than Munoz, who was borderline top 10. I really don't even want to think about that Maia fight where both fighters were booed out of the building.

Anderson's only fight at MW is a rematch with Victor or hopefully some 205ers move down. Nobody has anything for him at 185.

Heel

Nerd Chat is up, friends.

No idea since Weidman has only fought one guy above the UFC cut line in his whole career. Cung's last win was better than any Weidman has had.

I agree, Cung Le has been more impressive than Weidman has been. Beating Franklin and Cote was much better than Munoz, who was borderline top 10. I really don't even want to think about that Maia fight where both fighters were booed out of the building.

Flagged.

VASPER

Banned

The ghost of Wand beat Le, C'mon son. I think that Le is a better draw than anyone else but he is a CAN.

TheNatural

My Member!
The ghost of Wand beat Le, C'mon son. I think that Le is a better draw than anyone else but he is a CAN.

Weidman hasn't even shown he can beat Brazilian Campbell's Cream of Wandy yet.

Weidman beats two relevant guys. Hell I'll take any combo of Rockhold, Sonnen, Bisping, Lombard, Vitor, Frankling, or Wandy and he can have the shot. beating Munoz in the last year doesn't equal title shot though.

So all Weidman did was beat apparently a borderline top 10 MW in Munoz ( even though I think he was ranked top 5 at the time) and took a fight against Maia on around 2 weeks notice and easily beat him but it was a really boring fight so its meaningless.

On the other hand you have the great Cung Le who beat Cote in what was one of the worst fights ever, caught Franklin with a nice punch, and got his face rearranged by 2012 Wand.

Cung Le would legit get killed by Munoz btw, thats not even a question. Maia would most likely beat that ass too.

VASPER

Banned
I'm more of a fan of seeing Rockhold get a shot. Once the GOAT Kills him things can shake out for the MW Division. I hear rumors of him vs Belford but i don't want to see that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm pretty confident in Weidman vs anyone at 185. Bisping? Strikeforce Bisping (Rockhold)? Vitor? Whatever.

EDIT - Cung Le shouldn't be anywhere near a #1 contender fight. The Mark Hunt of middleweight.

Heel

So all Weidman did was beat apparently a borderline top 10 MW in Munoz ( even though I think he was ranked top 5 at the time) and took a fight against Maia on around 2 weeks notice and easily beat him but it was a really boring fight so its meaningless.

On the other hand you have the great Cung Le who beat Cote in what was one of the worst fights ever, caught Franklin with a nice punch, and got his face rearranged by 2012 Wand.

Cung Le would legit get killed by Munoz btw, thats not even a question. Maia would most likely beat that ass too.

This man gets it. If I remember right Munoz was ranked #3 at the time.

Also, in what world is retiring Rich Franklin impressive? It's 2013. Cung Le is a draw, but has never main evented on pay-per-view and pulled a record low rating on FUEL. C'mon sons.

Bisping? Strikeforce Bisping (Rockhold)?

lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The event aired from 9 a.m. ET to noon ET on Saturday morning on the East Coast and 6 a.m. PT to 9 a.m. PT on the West Coast, where UFC has its strongest U.S. popularity base. The original broadcast did 88,000 viewers on Fuel. The replay airing at 7 p.m. ET, which was still a late afternoon start on the West Coast, did 143,000 viewers.

143+88=231k

ilpd6BBXnImO.gif

Heel

The event aired from 9 a.m. ET to noon ET on Saturday morning on the East Coast and 6 a.m. PT to 9 a.m. PT on the West Coast, where UFC has its strongest U.S. popularity base. The original broadcast did 88,000 viewers on Fuel. The replay airing at 7 p.m. ET, which was still a late afternoon start on the West Coast, did 143,000 viewers.

143+88=231k

ilpd6BBXnImO.gif

Okay, now add the Weidman vs. Munoz replay numbers.

ilpd6BBXnImO.gif

Cung Le is not a draw, he's just an easier fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Find me some 9AM numbers for that show.

I say they give him Victor Gracie again and have winner of Weedman/Rockhold after.

Heel

Find me some 9AM numbers for that show.

I say they give him Victor Gracie again and have winner of Weedman/Rockhold after.

Please, playboy. If they were confused about the time they would've tuned in at the regularly scheduled hour, caught the replay and been a part of the ratings. You can't argue that Cung Le is a draw when Stephan Struve and Steve Micovic are pulling better numbers at noon from England.

They're trying to schedule Victor Gracie vs. Strikeforce Bisping at the moment.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Uncle Dana says Showtime gets next shot, which means Showtime will not get next shot.

well Gil da Fraud vs Bendo Christ Superstar is scheduled for 4/20, so Pettis will get his shot at the earliest in September, but that fight could slip til December. So he will have another nice layoff.

well Gil da Fraud vs Bendo Christ Superstar is scheduled for 4/20, so Pettis will get his shot at the earliest in September, but that fight could slip til December. So he will have another nice layoff.
Bendo will have an injury after decisioning Gil and he'll be out il the new year, calling it now. They'll get Christmas Volkmann to fight Showtime in the meantime probably, lol

Friends, watch Lucas Mathysse's fight that happened tonight. Holy shit.

Dude is a fucking powerhouse and should be fighting Danny Garcia instead of Zab Judah The Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom