• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Weidman needs to hurry up and smash Victor Gracie or Okami or something so that Silver can't duck him anymore.

nE6xX.gif

Silva just wants to get paid, Weidman couldn't draw on his own street.

MjFrancis

Its hard to have confidence in anyone that was dominated by Darth Bader. Rashad by KO.
Ryan Bader is going to be cursed for years as a result of that loss to Tito Ortiz. He's one cat that time will redeem as a middle or high-tier LHW. Calling out Shogun is a good way to prove that, too. Shogun might not be the fighter he was in his PRIDE days but he's still a solid fighter that isn't even two years removed from holding the championship belt.

Regarding Lil Nog v. Rashad... a Rashad KO isn't that far-fetched. I don't know if I could predict that though since the last ten rounds Rashad has fought in the Ultimate have been boring as shit.

Rashad is going to KILL Little Nog. I have 0 confidence in him as a fighter since arriving in the UFC since that awful Brilz performance and losing to Ryan Fucking Bader. Evans is going to win than fight Anderson. Ryan Bader just flat out sucks. I will never buy an event if hes on the main card unless he has a good chance of getting KO'd

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Uncle Creepy is going to knockout Benavidez and cut a hot promo calling out Demetrious Johnzzzon and saying "I FINISH FIGHTS AT 125!".

Believe!

I'm really liking this main card. A couple of squash-matches for guys that should be getting title shots, two toss-ups with divisional relevance each, and the only superfight we're ever getting. I have no interest whatsoever in the undercard except for Tibau v Dunham, which should be a really good scrap.
The undercard will be background noise status except for Hieron v Woodley. You couldn't pay me to watch that "fight", I'd rather save on the electricty than waste 15 minutes on that.

Wrestling is the base of the mma pyramid amigo. Luckily the UFC isn't run by corrupt Yakuza protecting their made guys (see Wanderlei Silva) with shitty stand-ups, non-title fights, and soft matchmaking. Get mad playboy.

I don't think Wand was ever protected. Rampage, Crocop, Hunt, Hendo and Arona say otherwise. PRIDE protected their Japanese stars like Saku.

Rampage would be perfect for those Inoki Japanese shows. I'd watch him slug it out with Butterbean

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
By matching him up with Wand 3 times, CroCop, Arona, Igor, Rampage etc to help him get brain damage? If that's what you consider protection, who you crappin?

Meanwhile Wand has 12-15 wins in Pride over Japanese cans.

They at least knew how to build up fighters.

By matching him up with Wand 3 times, CroCop, Arona, Igor, Rampage etc to help him get brain damage? If that's what you consider protection, who you crappin?

Meanwhile Wand has 12-15 wins in Pride over Japanese cans.

Didn't Rampage say that he was told to give Saku the rub in that fight?

Also you can't keep fighting the same 5 guys over and over again. Japanese cans were needed imo. Who else should he have fought? guys like Elvis Sinosic, Vladimir Matyushenko and Vernon White who were lighting the UFC on fire?

And Yoshida was not a can...I liked him and Fujita only had 4 losses till he fought Wand, losses to Fedor, Crocop and Coleman. No bad

Boogie

Oyama, Otsuka, Iwasaki, Kanehara.

A collection of quite possibly the worst cans in the history of the sport.

And of course yoshida is a can. Not a can on the level of the others above, of course, but the dude lost to James Thompson, so...c'mon.

Oyama, Otsuka, Iwasaki, Kanehara.

A collection of quite possibly the worst cans in the history of the sport.

And of course yoshida is a can. Not a can on the level of the others above, of course, but the dude lost to James Thompson, so...c'mon.

Those were some cans for sure, but cmon now. They are no worse than fighting Vernon White, Elvis Sinosic and Vladimir Matyushenko. Besides, Wand fought everyone besides Shogun, Lil Nog and Overeem in PRIDE. He was suppose to fight Chuck and that never went into play. Couture and Tito were fighting in the states where the competition was easier.

Yoshida
Fujita
Minowa

Are all decent cans to beat.

FUN FACT: Wand was suppose to fight Igor at one point. Would have been epic as fuck

Boogie

You'll get no defenses of Vernon White or Elvis Sinosic from me.

But putting Vladdy on the same level as Otsuka, Kanehara, or Iwasaki?

C'mon son.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Wand might be the biggest fraud in the history of sports entertainment using MMA-GAF's patented 20/20 hindsight vision. He made his legacy crushing Japanese cylindrical aluminum products. American hero and mixed martial artist Stann is going to send him packing once and for all.

Wand might be the biggest fraud in the history of sports entertainment using MMA-GAF's patented 20/20 hindsight vision. He made his legacy crushing Japanese cylindrical aluminum products. American hero and mixed martial artist Stann is going to send him packing once and for all.

But Cann is half Japanese

Wanderlei was awful. only in Japan vs cans would his shitty looping punches work. he had the grace of an epileptic kid drowning in a lake.

let's not forget Fedor: Zuluzinho, Ogawa, Goodridge, Fujita, Nagata... i'll go as far as to say his only notable wins were Minotauro, Mirko Mirko and Schilt.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Wand will steamroll captain homo like a hummer powered by black market organs and second grade cocaine.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Chuck Lidell's reign of terror over grapplers with limited to no striking was more impressive than Wand's cupcake Pride run, and then he beat him up in the Octagon.

Wand will steamroll captain homo like a hummer powered by black market organs and second grade cocaine.

leben-vs-wand.jpg

Stann legit killed Leben. Leben legit killed Wand. My Masters of Science in MMA-Math leads me to believe that Wand will be face down ass up at the end of this fight trying to grapple with the referee's leg.

Fedor's legacy is totally ruined by ducking guys like Wesley Correira, Gan McGee, Tra Telligman, Assuerio Silva, Brandon Vera, Justin Eilers and Jake O'Brien. What a coward. Obviously he was scared and stayed in Japan with that level of competition.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Who are you guys crappin? Calling out old timers for padded records. Look at Page, Chuck Randy and UFC's beyond laughable stable of heavies or anyone elses record at that time. Smh. Cans were a time honored tradition. At least wand arona saku page and shogun all met at some point if by nothing else than sheer accident. Who was chuck fighting in ultimate aside from handy? Vernon White and Horn?

1339648221300.gif

FACE

Banned
Arona was the real Pride MW champ, corrupt japanese judges robbed him to protect Wand's fraudulent legacy. I'm glad that Cro Cop and Henderson sent that fraud to the recycling bin.

Was that gif of Wand beating another asian can up supposed to impress me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom