• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

1359437678859.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Brock's life probably consists of hunting, wrestling once every 4-5 months and banging Sable's old ass. Can't blame the dude for not looking like Hercules anymore.

MjFrancis

Sure, he's lost 7 of his last 10. Sure, he should have quit years ago. Sure, his only respectable KO in the past six years was against Cung Le. But you know what guys? Screw that. War Wand. As much as my brain says Stann the heart says Silva. Wanderlei has one, maybe two rounds to prove he's not quite so washed up. Stranger things have happened.

WandRingPost.jpg

Sure, he's lost 7 of his last 10. Sure, he should have quit years ago. Sure, his only respectable KO in the past six years was against Cung Le. But you know what guys? Screw that. War Wand. As much as my brain says Stann the heart says Silva. Wanderlei has one, maybe two rounds to prove he's not quite so washed up. Stranger things have happened.

WandRingPost.jpg

He did kick Bispings ass even washed up and unified rules, which favored Bisping, who kicked Canns ass. Wand might actually win this if he fights smart and doesn't stand in the pocket.

Bork Laser's music stopped Vince from saying "fired", therefore Paul Heyman is still safe even though his henchman F5'd Vince.

Pro Wrestling y'all.

Speaking of Cung Le - I can't believe he's part of the conversation to fight Anderson Silva. I agree that its unfair to expect Silva to fight Jones but to duck Weidman and want to fight Cung Le*? What kind of Budo spirit is that?

*I recognize this coming from Ed Soares however. I have suspicions that he pulls stuff out of his ass half the time and goes to the press without even consulting Silva about it.

Speaking of Cung Le - I can't believe he's part of the conversation to fight Anderson Silva. I agree that its unfair to expect Silva to fight Jones but to duck Weidman and want to fight Cung Le*? What kind of Budo spirit is that?

*I recognize this coming from Ed Soares however. I have suspicions that he pulls stuff out of his ass half the time and goes to the press without even consulting Silva about it.

While the Cung Le fight is a joke, Weidman just doesn't deserve shit. He and his fans have done nothing but whine for 8 months. He is developing the most annoying fanbase in MMA. That being said the title shot should go to Luke Rockhold or Rashad Evans if he beats Nog. Whineman is not a name and would do nothing for Anderson while Evans would be a $$$ fight.

MjFrancis

It would be harder to add Weidman to an Anderson Silva highlight reel.

Cung Le was also a Strikeforce champion* and has a much higher profile than Weidman. In the world of PPV buys Weidman has a lot left to be desired - none of his main card appearances have been PPV.

Alternatively, in the world of mixed-martial arts, Weidman is also probably Anderson's best potential opponent at the moment. And that's something he hasn't had for a while now. Without the money to back it up this potential fact is worthless unfortunately. Give Weidman a couple PPV cards. Then come back to me on that title shot.

* For whatever that's worth.

Mj you and I both know that all Strikeforce championships weren't created equal. Only ones that were halfway legit were LW and WW. Every other title from that org is a joke.

Speaking of Strikeforce, I can't wait to see T-Wood stink up the joint even worse than Brunson did. Uncle Dana will be so happy.

Lets see Weidman fight 2 or 3 ranked opponents before he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Silva. Lets see him fight Vitor, Rockhold, Lombard or Bisping. Sorry, you don't go from looking like shit vs Maia to beating Munoz and expect to fight the GOAT.

Munoz was definitely "ranked" when Weidman beat him. Though Weidman would probably do better by his career to improve his mic work than to actually beat people.

muddream

Banned
Weidman's old injured ass needs to shut the fuck up, but he took the Maia fight on short notice and clearly won so I wouldn't knock him for that. Rockhold should be the #1 contender, but I'd rather see Jacare vs Anderson.

Lets see Weidman fight 2 or 3 ranked opponents before he can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Silva. Lets see him fight Vitor, Rockhold, Lombard or Bisping. Sorry, you don't go from looking like shit vs Maia to beating Munoz and expect to fight the GOAT.

Bleh, make Weidman and Silva next. Why not? Once Silva sets back the Weidman train for a couple years, let him go fight junk to get paid.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
While the Cung Le fight is a joke, Weidman just doesn't deserve shit. He and his fans have done nothing but whine for 8 months. He is developing the most annoying fanbase in MMA. That being said the title shot should go to Luke Rockhold or Rashad Evans if he beats Nog. Whineman is not a name and would do nothing for Anderson while Evans would be a $$$ fight.

Evans should get the shot for beating Nog at LHW? The fuck?

You guys care too much about name value. I don't give a fuck how much money Anderson stands to make. Weidman is easily the best opponent at 185, case closed.

MjFrancis

Mj you and I both know that all Strikeforce championships weren't created equal. Only ones that were halfway legit were LW and WW. Every other title from that org is a joke.
True, all true. The UFC marquee for the fight would boast that for the title all the same. Cung Le's loss to Wandy would hardly be given a brief mention, either.

The PPV will say Anderson Silva would be fighting Cung Le, former Strikeforce MW champion with victories over a former UFC MW champion and the legendary Frank Shamrock. They may also mention that only one of his fights ever made it to decision. Selling this fight to the uninformed public couldn't be easier.

SteveWD40

Weidman Belfort makes sense to me right now, Silva can either wait for GSP once he tools Diaz or make bank fighting a "name" in the spring.

Weidman's old injured ass needs to shut the fuck up, but he took the Maia fight on short notice and clearly won so I wouldn't knock him for that. Rockhold should be the #1 contender, but I'd rather see Jacare vs Anderson.

Now that's an interesting match up. Jacare is the only ex-SF fighter worthy of Silva's time.

Im down for Jacare as well.

Evans has a much better record and is much more decorated than Weidman. Evans only lost twice in his career, I say give the man either Silva or a #1 condender shot if he disposes of Lil Nog in quick fashion.

The UFC is just going to let Anderson fight these borderline exhibitions for the rest of his UFC tenure. Guys like Bonnar or Rashad. Decent names who in reality have no chance of beating him. They have no desire to see their golden goose put some young, hungry fighter over.

SteveWD40

The UFC is just going to let Anderson fight these borderline exhibitions for the rest of his UFC tenure. Guys like Bonnar or Rashad. Decent names who in reality have no chance of beating him. They have no desire to see their golden goose put some young, hungry fighter over.

I agree tbh, unless someone really goes on a run and he can't hide, Bisping might not have had a chance but at least (if he had beat Vitor) he generates interest, good or bad.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Guys will say Weidman hasn't done enough but then bring up a guy like Jacare who's last 3 wins are Ed Herman, Derek Brunson, and Bristol Marunde. Are you folks even listening to yourselves?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Its telling how shitty 185 pounds is that some joe named Chris Weidman is the "best" pretender to the throne. A guy with one decent win on his resume. This is also a guy who had nothing to offer welterweight K1 stud Damian Maia on the feet. This loser would get walloped harder than Yushin Okami, but then again sien916 was picking Okami in that fight as well.

Might as well admit Anderson the Spider Silver is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time and move along.

Boogie

True, all true. The UFC marquee for the fight would boast that for the title all the same. Cung Le's loss to Wandy would hardly be given a brief mention, either.

The PPV will say Anderson Silva would be fighting Cung Le, former Strikeforce MW champion with victories over a former UFC MW champion and the legendary Frank Shamrock. They may also mention that only one of his fights ever made it to decision. Selling this fight to the uninformed public couldn't be easier.

Lol @ you thinking that UFC marketing is going to mention Frank Shamrock, let alone in a positive, "legendary" manner.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Its telling how shitty 185 pounds is that some joe named Chris Weidman is the "best" pretender to the throne. A guy with one decent win on his resume. This is also a guy who had nothing to offer welterweight K1 stud Damian Maia on the feet. This loser would get walloped harder than Yushin Okami, but then again sien916 was picking Okami in that fight as well.

Might as well admit Anderson the Spider Silver is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time and move along.

He took the fight against Maia on 11 days notice. Any of the guys people are suggesting as Silva's opponent would look just as bad in that situation.

Guys will say Weidman hasn't done enough but then bring up a guy like Jacare who's last 3 wins are Ed Herman, Derek Brunson, and Bristol Marunde. Are you folks even listening to yourselves?

Hey don't lump me in there. I've been singing Weidman's praises since his first fight and have been saying he's the only contender for Silva.

Vio-Lence

Banned
He took the fight against Maia on 11 days notice. Any of the guys people are suggesting as Silva's opponent would look just as bad in that situation.

Prize fighting isn't about acquiescing to the smarks and fighting some Joe Wrestler. Anderson is at the end of his career, why should anyone begrudge him for picking and choosing match-ups that will keep the money train going for the UFC and himself.

Sien916 talks out of both sides of his mouth on this issue. On one hand he praises Joe Silver for making GSP vs Diaz over a match with number 1 contender Jon Hendricks citing that its a match that will generate more pay-per-view revenue, and on the other he criticizes Anderson Silver for doing the same thing. Who you crappin amigo?

Heel

Prize fighting isn't about acquiescing to the smarks and fighting some Joe Wrestler. Anderson is at the end of his career, why should anyone begrudge him for picking and choosing match-ups that will keep the money train going for the UFC and himself.

Sien916 talks out of both sides of his mouth on this issue. On one hand he praises Joe Silver for making GSP vs Diaz over a match with number 1 contender Jon Hendricks citing that its a match that will generate more pay-per-view revenue, and on the other he criticizes Anderson Silver for doing the same thing. Who you crappin amigo?

Friend vio-brock, I've said Diaz is a better fight than Hendricks. Much like Weidman is a better fight for Anderson than PPV draw Cung "88k on FUEL" Le. Even Dana laughed this fight off recently, comparing it to Anderson calling out Demetrious Johnson. Enough said.

Evans should get the shot for beating Nog at LHW? The fuck?

You guys care too much about name value. I don't give a fuck how much money Anderson stands to make. Weidman is easily the best opponent at 185, case closed.

I agree friend Chamber, these dudes are caught up in alleged drawing power to justify Canderson Balboa and Mickey Soares' serpentine era of lies and deceit. Unless you're Sheikh Tahnoon signed in to NeoGAF after an afternoon rolling session wit Renzo you should be worried about seeing Anderson challenge himself, not fight the stuntman from a b-level sci-fi flick who got mollywhopped by the shell of Wand.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
185 isn't quite Thales Leites and Patrick Cote #1 contender bad, but Anderson will crush the cans all the same. I don't even really care who he fights next anymore.

I find GSP/Diaz to be a different beast than Candy/Law. Diaz may be in for a beating but he has the guard game to keep GSP on his toes and constantly moving. Add that in with Diaz being popular and I see why Josh 3.0 was skipped. Canderson vs Marshall Law is a squash match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom