• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

seems legit.

also, location change to Zagreb, Croatia.

I also love how none of the guys in their banner actually fight for K-1 any longer:

529020_287079371414289_2048352249_n.png

Also, their shitty final 8 lineup that was "confirmed" today via press release is not actually confirmed due to contracts expiring at the end of 2012. LiverKick thinks it'll change...lol.

@LiverKickdotcom - K-1 World Grand Prix Final 8 Participants Confirmed http://is.gd/NF9ckY
@matazurka - you can erase 3 fighters from the list I think.
@LiverKickdotcom - I agree, but they still put those names on a press release. Lol-inducing

What I dont get is why some people dont think Weidman can hang with top guys like Rashad? What major flaws have some of you experts seen from him that tells you he's gonna get rocked by Rashad or destroyed by Vitor?

Dude has probably one of the best chins in MW and people think he's gonna get knocked out by someone who has done no such thing in the last 5 years.

Rashad has gone 5 rounds with Jones and Jones could secure a take down. Rashad would keep the fight standing and KO Weidman or toss him around and GnP him.

The only reason he went 5 rounds is because Jones considers him a big brother. He was pretty much out on his feet after those standing elbows.

Heel

What I dont get is why some people dont think Weidman can hang with top guys like Rashad? What major flaws have some of you experts seen from him that tells you he's gonna get rocked by Rashad or destroyed by Vitor?

Dude has probably one of the best chins in MW and people think he's gonna get knocked out by someone who has done no such thing in the last 5 years.

MMA-GAF, where talented fighters aren't deemed "legit" until they've earned the right to smash a guy they've actually heard of who is no longer relevant.

bdWyRbh.png

Looks like the hyped up KO will be in the next episode of TUF. For those who may not want to watch the season but may be interested in seeing what Dana White called "The worst Knockout I've seen in the Fight Business, let alone in The Ultimate Fighter."

Looks like the hyped up KO will be in the next episode of TUF. For those who may not want to watch the season but may be interested in seeing what Dana White called "The worst Knockout I've seen in the Fight Business, let alone in The Ultimate Fighter."

He also called Phillip Nover the next Anderson silva.

Chael trolling hard as fuck wearing that PRIDE shirt after all the shit he's talked about the org in the past.

But props to Uncle Dana, that last season of TUF must have been bad enough to him that it finally lit a fire under his ass and made him class up the joint so to speak. I'm sure he got some FX encouragement too. No more of the same shitty Muzak we've come to hate, no more shitty theme song and all that. Only thing negative that I have to say about the new "cinematic" production style is that I don't want a "cinematic" frame rate when I'm watching a fucking fight.

All in all, I'm just glad I can watch TUF now and not feel embarrassed in doing so.

i wanted to post this for 2 weeks now and i keep forgetting.

Glaube "I Look Algerian" Feitosa vs Alistair "Horse Meat?" Overeem.
my first exposure to Reem. not a good first impression, but hey, i heard he's better now.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3tzzy_glaube-feitosa-vs-alistair-overeem_sport#.UQjVqL-dG28
Holy shit, Mike from Mike's Gym was with Golden Glory back then, crazy.

And lol @ Reem's walkout music

Also, if there wasn't any retarded clinch rule he would've killed that dude.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Okay 2 good episodes so far from TUF. I can't believe it

havent watched ep 2 yet, but i love the more serous, documentary, style of the first episode. couple that with a greater emphasis on practice, training, and strategy and its a winning formula even if the talent is lacking.

AHAHAHAHAHAhahah

Oh lord. That slow mo k.o, only worked because black guy was so short.

So white boy getting sent home in a body bag next episode right? It would be unexpected....if the opposite was true.

Koch got torn up pretty bad. It's amazing that FOX showed a single replay and then you know someone upstairs said "Nope, that blood splatter is too vicious to replay again." I'm glad to see the guy's (mostly) okay. It was one of the few times I've watched a stoppage and my first thought was whether the loser was okay rather than how good the fight was.
But BAH GAWD CUT TO THE CROWD when Nate Diaz flips the bird.

But yeah that was one of the most brutal, grusome finishes I've seen in a long time, probably since Can destroyed Bigfoot Silver.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Koch got torn up pretty bad. It's amazing that FOX showed a single replay and then you know someone upstairs said "Nope, that blood splatter is too vicious to replay again." I'm glad to see the guy's (mostly) okay. It was one of the few times I've watched a stoppage and my first thought was whether the loser was okay rather than how good the fight was.

So far in Taiwan they've only shown one card (Macau) live since Star Movies (Fox International channel) started showing events with Silva/Sonnen 2.

But my point is that basically the tape delay allows them to both record Chinese commentary and to change to black and white when blood appears. I thought my TV was fucking up when I was flicking through channels and ended up on a repeat of Lauzon/Miller.

MjFrancis

Switching the feed to black and white because of blood? My Puritan ancestors would be proud.

polyh3dron said:
But yeah that was one of the most brutal, grusome finishes I've seen in a long time, probably since Can destroyed Bigfoot Silver.
Funny you mention the Bigfoot massacre. That might have been the last time I thought that, too. I suppose it is the blood that does it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Switching the feed to black and white because of blood? My Puritan ancestors would be proud.

Taiwanese Censorship 101: If there is an "impact" of a knife/bullet/other object that causes a blood splatter then it's instantly cut out of TV shows and movies. The Walking Dead seems to be exempted sometimes, but it still breaks the flow of everything it graces.

But I figure that switching to black & white is a lot more economical than what some British TV channels did with WWE/TNA a few years back (2010) in that when there was a hard shot (chair, etc) they'd cut to some kid in the audience and their "ZOMG! Cena nooooooooooooooooo!11!" reaction.

Funny you mention the Bigfoot massacre. That might have been the last time I thought that, too. I suppose it is the blood that does it.
I seriously can't believe that Bigfoot is fighting Reem this Saturday. His 2 fights in the UFC have been the one where he was repeatedly shaking his head to drain the pools of blood from his eyes and another one where he TKO'd a guy with one working leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom