• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
"And here we catch a glimpse of the "Bro" in it's natural environment, untroubled by the deadly predators found in the UFC Main Card they roam prelims freely, wishing only to "Bang", feed and reproduce"

"Soon this 'Bro' will undergo a metamorphosis unique to his kind. His body is changing, adapting and soon will undergo a dramatic transformation in response to his environment. From this transmutation he will emerge either a being of effervescent strength and unstoppable durability, or will simply be... a can."

Heel

UFC 156's Joseph Benavidez not interested in proposed 115-pound division

"Honestly, when I make 125 and I weigh 125 and tell someone I weigh 125, I'm embarrassed sometimes," Benavidez admitted to MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I don't feel like a man when I'm on the scale.

"If a girl asks me what I weigh, I'll tell her I fight 125, 'But I walk around at like 150. I'm a man and everything.' I think 115 is too light."

"At the moment, I'm pretty much a rice cake," Benavidez said. "After weigh-ins, 'Beefcake' will be back.

"I'll have nothing to do with 115. If they want to do that, whatever. At least I wont be the tiny guy, I guess. That's a plus."

lol

Friends, I just got hot (in both senses of the word) Hot & Sour soup in my eye. Ridiculously painful. I think getting soup in my eye now officially means I'm a can.

Vio-Lence

Banned
i always told you amigos that fighters shouldnt weight less than a warm up set on bench. 145# should be the lowest weight class in the ultimate.

and if you disagree with my point, you're probably weak and limp wristed.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
i always told you amigos that fighters shouldnt weight less than a warm up set on bench. 145# should be the lowest weight class in the ultimate.

If I can OHP you, you shouldn't be fighting...

Sadly I'm weak and can only OHP 115, but I'll work on and I'll get up to 145 by summer.

They should be as heavy if not heavier than the women's division at least.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If I can OHP you, you shouldn't be fighting...

I like your thinking Keen, the OHP is a better test of strength compared to the bench press, but the bench press is more bro. (and my OHP is kind of substandard)

unless your numbers are in kilograms, then you're boss.

and the Barbarian is spot on, if Honda Ronda can armbar you, you shouldn't be fighting.

Even little Joey feels beta as fuck fighting at 125#, and Uncle Fester wants a 115# class, smh.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I remember cringing in my seat watching this originally. I put Rogan's behaviour down to being high as fuck -- or conversely, being straight-laced as fuck -- but the entire initial promo of that plus the CAGE AND FIRE!!!11!! of Cain vs. JDS was just on another level of "no-one knows what the fuck they're doing" proportions.
Haha yeah that first show was amateur hour. Hopefully they can keep the momentum from the last two FOX cards going. It seems like they've finally started to figure it out.

Even the midgets are embarrased of being midgets.

This thread is getting very strange at the moment
It's awesome. Sure beats rehashing the same arguments all the time.

Heel

I'm actually kind of curious to see younger guys build their way up in weight from the smaller classes, not some tomato can hanging onto their career by a thread dropping down the classes as they expire.

Let the 95 lb. pinoys bang, bro.

so UFC's 115 div is gonna be tiny ass mexican boxers, mini thais and assorted midgets?

riveting.

edit: Benavidez is embarrassed? i would be too if most men could rest their balls on the top of my head.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm actually kind of curious to see younger guys build their way up in weight from the smaller classes, not some tomato can hanging onto their career by a thread dropping down the classes as they expire.

Why you givin Kenflo hope bro?

bone_and_sinew

Accidentally clicked who posted instead of the arrow for latest post:

FACE 161
Heel 160

lol

Someone change their name to Tweener and get in there.

muddream

Banned
MMA is illegal in Thailand and 90's era bad in Mexico, all those guys would lose in Invicta FC.

135 could actually be a cool weight class these days if there wasn't that shitty "guys that lost to Cruz" division to make sure all midgets stay in the shallow water.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
Dana says he's happy to never be in business with Randy Couture again. "He's the furthest thing from Captain America."

lol. Anyone doing a Reem/Bigfoot PPV thread?

Heel

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
Dana says he's happy to never be in business with Randy Couture again. "He's the furthest thing from Captain America."

lol. Anyone doing a Reem/Bigfoot PPV thread?

lol, pretty soon Uncle Dana is gonna be asking "Who did the 19-10 Randy Couture actually ever beat?"

Vio-Lence

Banned
hopefully i'll be at member status to do Diaz vs GSP, can't let that filthy part timer Boogie come in and post a circle jerk to the god damn sleeping pill.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
http://instagram.com/p/VKo3AgPKXN/
Helwani's Twitter said:
According to DW, Silva said, "You better start respecting me." Reem said, "I'm going to f'n destroy you."

Reem's going legit heel. There's probably a love triangle plot ready to unfold postfight, with Rashad caught in the middle between the two giants: old and new.

Why would anyone respect Bigfoot Silva? He has literally beaten anyone even remotely decent. At least Reem has a win over future UFC Hall of Famer Brock Lesnar on his résumé.

Heel

Why would anyone respect Bigfoot Silva? He has literally beaten anyone even remotely decent.

ib2zVXiCYl4i5X.gif

Lmao I love you heel

Who has the biggest chance of winning

Lil Nog
Edgar
Bigfoot

It wasn't long ago when everyone was saying Bigfoot was going to steamroll Overeem in the HW Tourney, lol.

bone_and_sinew

Awww man the lesser Pitbull Freire got injured yesterday and he's out of the card. There goes like 50% of my incentive to watch it. I'll watch the Russian fight and that's it. I don't have interest in a bunch of Joes I don't know or care about plus Grizz v OKC is way more interesting.

Who has the biggest chance of winning

Lil Nog
Edgar
Bigfoot

It wasn't long ago when everyone was saying Bigfoot was going to steamroll Overeem in the HW Tourney, lol.
Fwanky because him v Aldo is the only non-squash match.

bone_and_sinew

Good question. I was somewhat interested in watching it yesterday but there was zero chance of me watching it live because of the Heat crushing Brookcan.

Shit. I keep thinking the Schaub vs Johnson fight is this weekend only to be disappointed. This happened to me like 3x already. Can't wait to see Schaub laid out already

bone_and_sinew

Uncle Dana said:
"A lot of people think Chris Weidman is the No. 1 contender right now," White said. "If Rashad made a move from 205 down to 185, it'd be safe to say he's now No. 1."
Incoming heel and chamber tears. The ball is now in Rashad's court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom